IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Synecdoche, New York because it was on iplayer

i liked it

for a while it seemed like it would be smug crap but it was actually sort of sincere and enjoyable

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also watched a film called Iklimler which was pretty boring but i like this womans face so i watched it all

5pj0ad.png

face

that pic must have inspired the captcha thing:

n2zfnn.png

Guest RadarJammer

Has anyone heard anything about PTA's The Master? Other than the fact that it's really pissing off Scientologists? Is it wrong that this alone is getting me excited?

http://ocmb.xenu.net...php?f=9&t=31749 cool thread about The Master

here is a German movie about scientology (full length with english subs)

Guest zaphod

it's kind of a funny story - watched this because it's the same people who did half nelson. i don't know how they went from a nuanced character study with real emotional resonance to this. garbage. 2/10 also, zach galifianakis is a funny guy, why does he keep doing shit films?

Guest Mirezzi

it's kind of a funny story - watched this because it's the same people who did half nelson. i don't know how they went from a nuanced character study with real emotional resonance to this. garbage. 2/10 also, zach galifianakis is a funny guy, why does he keep doing shit films?

Weird, I've never even heard of that. Have you seen Sugar?

Guest Mirezzi

You could have stuck RDJ and Zach G on screen for 90 minutes doing just about anything and I would have lol'd but that premise was actually quite hilarious.

Due Date always sat very strangely with me because of very oddly touched up fake bronzer they put on Zach G's face in the movie poster. If i could find an image i would but it was seriously the weirdest 'shopped' poster i've seen since the 2nd X-files movie

Guest zaphod

Due Date always sat very strangely with me because of very oddly touched up fake bronzer they put on Zach G's face in the movie poster. If i could find an image i would but it was seriously the weirdest 'shopped' poster i've seen since the 2nd X-files movie

bahaha

you have the weirdest (best) reasons for not liking movies. it's always some peripheral marketing issue or assumption you've made about where the movie draws inspiration or just a flat out bias you have. but it's great. don't stop being you.

Mish impossiblu 4 - Most regretical.

Started out ok, cheesy but nice pacing/action/developing plot. Then they lost the plot. I'm pretty sure it ended up on the cutting room floor, if they didn't nix it at the script dev stage.

Take Shelter - good. Great acting. I love Michael Shannon. Great cinematography and overall look to the film. I wish the plot had been a little thicker.

Death at a Funeral (original) - solid lols, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Archived