IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

suspicion 4/10

pretty bad hitchcock effort. the ending was just poopoo and i hear they changed it because

carey grant couldnt be a murderer

not sure if thats true but either way - weak sauce

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

3-Iron (Empty Houses - 빈집)

fascinating. highly recommend. 4/4

loved it. watched it with my father-in-law which made the sex scenes interesting

Guest Al Hounos

hmmm... just watched Bad Guy, also by Kim Ki Duk... powerful for sure, but damn it was depressing and bleak. 3-iron was hopeful at least.

certainly not a bad movie, but i can't say i liked it either. still want to see more from this guy.

Three Iron is pretty great. I think I like it most of Kim Ki Duk's films which have gotten pretty repetitititititive as of late.

which ones exactly? which ones do you like?

Guest Al Hounos

in fact, i watched Bad Guy the same evening i watched that deeply disturbing clip in the "pron these days" thread... it was almost enough to make me a militant dick-hating feminist!

hmmm... just watched Bad Guy, also by Kim Ki Duk... powerful for sure, but damn it was depressing and bleak. 3-iron was hopeful at least.

certainly not a bad movie, but i can't say i liked it either. still want to see more from this guy.

Three Iron is pretty great. I think I like it most of Kim Ki Duk's films which have gotten pretty repetitititititive as of late.

which ones exactly? which ones do you like?

I haven't kept up with him the last few years but The Isle, 3-Iron, Spring Summer Fall Winter and Spring, and Samaritan Girl were all great. Time, Coast Guard, Real Fiction, Bad Guy and The Bow were all pretty meh. Actually, I might be too hard on Time and the Bow. I should probably watch them again.

Bruno - I only got 2/3 of the way through, but so far much better than i expected. I had really low expectations but found myself laughing out loud at several points, and putting my hand over my eyes at others. It turns out I'm a big pussy when it comes to embarrassing others; I had to pause the dvd when he was with Ron Paul and later with the homophobic karate instructor, I just couldn't take it. Not exactly sure why I react so strongly to public humiliation of others.

2nd best film of 2009 next to Drag me to Hell

I just finished it. Holy shit it exceeded my expectations by a lot. 9/10 Seriously suspenseful, the whole way through, because you know that bitch gunna take a beatin from the get go. I loved all the subtle Evil Dead references too. The car that the old lady drove is the same car from evil dead also. Actually, that car is in every single sam rami movie at some point. At any rate, this was the bee's knees. I cannot remember the last time I saw an actually good scary movie. I loved "Slither" but that was more of a dark comedy (intentionally).

oh snap. have you seen The Thick of It?

I haven't but i just looked up after i read your post that the character Malcolm is the same guy in the movie! that's awesome, he was ridiculous. the dynamics of the movie reminded me of a british larry sanders show, Where can i watch The Thick of It online?

Guest Adjective

i just noticed in Ghostbusters that Ron Jeremy is in the crowd at 01:08:21, when the grid gets turned off and the ghosts are set loose.

10.6/10

Archived