IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Midnight Meat Train

7/10

Adaptation of a Clive Barker short story from the collection "Books of Blood", and one of the better short story adaptations that I have seen. The only thing that pissed me off was the terrible cgi blood. That shit never looks good. Practical violence fx ftw.

Antichrist...

I give it four mommies out of five mommies...

beautiful images, disturbing images and panic inducing sound/acting/scenes....

the soundtrack is almost as freaky as the film...

be warned that this film has fucked up shit that happens in it...

it is Lars Von Trier's tribute to Tarkovsky...

he did well having set such a high mark for himself.....

CHAOS REIGNS!

Antichrist...

CHAOS REIGNS!

The part where the fox says "CHAOS REIGNS!" was kinda ridiculous.

Apart from that I loved it.

I watched Year One last night. Holy shit, if that is what a Harold Ramis production is like today then we're all fucked when it comes to Ghostbusters III. 4/10

Tyson 7/10 and that's being generous. The subject matter is so inherently mesmerizing it's hard to see how you could fail at making a documentary about it, yet Toback almost did. It seems his only objective was to "humanize" Tyson, so he let all the rest fall by the wayside - the amazing fights, the incredible quotes. I get a more entertaining portrait of Tyson from reading internet quote collections and watching clips online (higher quality btw, wtf did Toback do to the footage?). I have no idea why Toback decided to chop up each fight so all the energy is lost. Some really poor stylistic choices in this film, I felt like I could have easily done a better job myself.

Antichrist...

CHAOS REIGNS!

The part where the fox says "CHAOS REIGNS!" was kinda ridiculous.

Apart from that I loved it.

I watched Year One last night. Holy shit, if that is what a Harold Ramis production is like today then we're all fucked when it comes to Ghostbusters III. 4/10

yes Year One is terrible....

but in Antichrist I loved that part for the sheer wtf moment...

and it was an intense moment...

'Begotten' whatever!!!

Dead Snow: Interesting little film... entertaining for what it was... zombie nazi's, hot girls, chainsaws, and drunken porta-potty sex.

District 9 : I went in watching this having never seen a preview or read a thing. I suspected it to be some big budget Independence Day remake but was quite surprised at what it actually was and how well general public grabbed it. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would but still way too over hyped.

Oldboy : re-watched this after picking it up Blu-ray... the transfer was nothing special but the audio was amazing. I had my roommate watch it will me but he didn't get into it and all he had to say at the end was, "hmm..." I still find this film to be one of the better films to come out in the last 6 years.

Guest viscosity

Oldboy : re-watched this after picking it up Blu-ray... the transfer was nothing special but the audio was amazing. I had my roommate watch it will me but he didn't get into it and all he had to say at the end was, "hmm..." I still find this film to be one of the better films to come out in the last 6 years.

tis good, I agree. Suicide Circle is also great if your into asian film

has been mentioned here before but I just saw Let the Right One In. pretty sweet vampire flick

Guest thanksomuch

tis good, I agree. Suicide Circle is also great if your into asian film

has been mentioned here before but I just saw Let the Right One In. pretty sweet vampire flick

from where is your avatar? also, your name is icky :D

i saw a video of some girl

getting her labia cut off

and the title was antichrist. that from that movie?

you are a spoil whore, OUT OF THIS THREAD! OUT OF THIS THREAD NOW!

Extract - 8/10

I thought it was very funny. I dunno. I have a hard time rating Mike Judge movies after only seeing them once, as they tend to gather more steam after subsequent viewings. It is always nice to watch a comedy where they aren't always relying on silly gags and slapstick for laughs.

i saw a video of some girl

getting her labia cut off

and the title was antichrist. that from that movie?

you are a spoil whore, OUT OF THIS THREAD! OUT OF THIS THREAD NOW!

Now with spoiler tags

Guest viscosity

lynch does shoddy and dune is is shod..

besides its more or less his frankenstein, he sorta disowned it afterwards when they fucked with his original cut

I finally got to watch Three Extremes without any sound problems. On the original DVD I bought a couple of years back the sound was out of sync with the picture and it got worse and worse throughout the short films, so I've never really seen Box the way it is supposed to be but I loved it. I love how the silence can truly haunt the audience.

Archived