IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a couple of movies lined up for tonight...

Mr. Nobody (I've heard good things about it)

Inception (Been wanting to watch it again since The Dark Knight Rises)

Plus, I'll probably end up watching some Adventure Time and Regular Show

following - my mind was blown to bits. a bit too rambling in the beginning, but the ending. jesus fuck. pure amazement.

the andromeda strain - loved the feel of old sci-fi packed into newer sci-fi style the 70s are known for. pretty great poduct of post-moon-landing paranoia. minimal but not minimalistic, and really great visually. awesome.

prometheus - my first movie in 3d! heard it was bad but it was a better way to spend my money than batman. sure, some of the stuff was silly and there was nothing revelatory, but overall it's tight. too bad it resolves nothing and kinda leave all questions in limbo. i guess completely denying the existence of god's a bit too much for a blockbuster. i kinda hope the sequel is in the making.

dust devil - lots of sand dust and sex scenes. really boring and cheesy. chris cunningham did something here, and i guess it's the burn victim that kinda resambles the hideous chick from windowlicker video. but the movie itself is not really worth anyone's time.

Guest Mirezzi

I tried watching Following and was bored shitless. Did I not get far enough?

Anyhow, just watched:

Goon - One of 2011's best. Dunno how this missed all the Top Ten lists. Sean William Scott is the 2nd coming of Steve McQueen.

Margaret - Terrible, disjointed, and pointless. I dunno WTF happened to Lonergan except he seems to have made this film while residing halfway up his own arse. You Can Count On Me is one of my all-time favorites, period. Since and because of its success, I guess he fancied himself some sort of auteur. Ugh. Get back to basics, dude!

I tried watching Following and was bored shitless. Did I not get far enough?

well it really gets going around 40min into the movie. but it's the rare case of a movie where it's worth the wait, at least for me.

I couldn't sit through goon. Maybe it's an ice hockey thing. Was boring central.

Death Race - started off alright, they kept it moving along alright, but my interest dropped off the drunker i got. 5/10

The Lorax - they seemed to have a rule that every five minutes or whatever it was, no matter where they were in the plot, they had to break out in song, very irritating turn the volume down, couldn't even string together a nursery rhyme song. It was nice seeing some better texture detail in the CG than pixar can be bothered with though, and i give a free pass for this kind of thing. something under the middle/10

I'll pay that actually ^

Watched this one last night, quite good!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Was there nothing you liked about this film? Juno even??

I'll pay that actually ^

Watched this one last night, quite good!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Was there nothing you liked about this film? Juno even??

not that i can remember :(

Rampart - 5/10 - Woody Harrelson is good in this but the material doesn't really live up to his performance. I think this is supposed to be a more grounded/serious look at the mindframe of the sort of cops busted in the Rampart scandal but it's, at most, a few degrees less silly than something like 'Training Day'. As racist/homophobic/sexist Harrelson's character is I still had sympathy for him, which is probably the best thing I can say about the film.

Haven't seen the film, but I thought this was amusing:

Woody Harrelson Reddit AMA refers to an “ask me anything” (AMA) thread that was submitted to the social news aggregation site Reddit by American actor Woody Harrelson. The thread became infamous after a Redditor made claims that Harrelson took one of his classmate’s virginity years before to which Harrelson responded by insisting he only answering questions related to the movie Rampart which he was promoting.

hLB3E.png

UhdTf.png

Archived