IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im curious how the 'unrated' version of Drag me to hell is, is that the one you watched ? I fear it's just trying to use it as a marketing tactic and the unrated version will be practically identical to the PG-13 version.

im curious how the 'unrated' version of Drag me to hell is, is that the one you watched ? I fear it's just trying to use it as a marketing tactic and the unrated version will be practically identical to the PG-13 version.

I'll ask my cousin. Give me a day.

Guest Mirezzi

I watched the unrated version. I wonder now if the theatrical cut was better, because I was often bored...

I watched the unrated version. I wonder now if the theatrical cut was better, because I was often bored...

Bored with Drag Me To Hell???

C'mon man...

really?

With this one you are definitely being hypercritical....IMHO

I love this film...

Guest Mirezzi

Bored with Drag Me To Hell???

C'mon man...

really?

With this one you are definitely being hypercritical....IMHO

I love this film...

I dunno what to say that I haven't already...I was just really disappointed. How could you guys stay interested in Alison Lohman for so long? I don't understand that. She was only slightly less boring than the Mac guy. I can only blame her so much though. The writing was pretty meh.

Was there ever a moment of scariness that didn't make use of the very generic edits of hushed, prolonged silences ended with HUGE music cues and some crazy image? It just felt really lazy to me. As for the humor, I laughed a few times, but the lols didn't make up for the lack of genuine scares.

I liked The Orphanage a lot, even though it relied on shock and surprise. They're hardly the same genre, which is part of the problem. I get that Raimi was trying to get back to his roots, but Drag Me to Hell isn't a pimple on the ass of the Evil Dead films.

I didn't hate Drag Me to Hell. Again, I was just really disappointed. I did love the ending, though, even though I predicted it twenty minutes out. It had a very Brothers Grimm feel to it.

I'm just about to get in bed and watch Malibu Express. I'm gonna stick my neck out and give it a 10/10 before viewing.

malibu_express.jpg

I have fond memories of watching Andy Sidaris' films on Skinemax.

I'll ask my cousin. Give me a day.

My cuz:

It's only seconds longer, but those seconds dwell on each gross out moment a bit longer than the theatrical. You see her kill the cat, etc. It's really cool.

There you have it, for better or worse.

future war 0/10

"past predator, present alien, future terminator"

quite possibly the worst movie i've ever seen.

Fuck, now I want to see this.

future war 0/10

You should have just watched the MST3K version

"A race of evil cyborgs kidnaps humans from Earth's future to use as slaves and take dinosaurs from the past to use as trackers. One of their slaves, the Runaway (Bernhardt), escapes and makes his way to present-day Los Angeles. There he must fend off the cyborgs and their trackers, the police, and the government, befriended by a prostitute-turned-nun (Stewart) who runs a halfway house."

lol

Guest abusivegeorge

future war 0/10

You should have just watched the MST3K version

"A race of evil cyborgs kidnaps humans from Earth's future to use as slaves and take dinosaurs from the past to use as trackers. One of their slaves, the Runaway (Bernhardt), escapes and makes his way to present-day Los Angeles. There he must fend off the cyborgs and their trackers, the police, and the government, befriended by a prostitute-turned-nun (Stewart) who runs a halfway house."

lol

Fuckin lol, I have got to see this. This is epic.

Guest Mirezzi

I watched the Will Ferrell Land of the Lost on a plane. Maybe it was because I was on a plane, but I laughed my ass off.

Anvil: The Story of Anvil - Wow. Amazing. I started getting uncomfortable with how many times it made me want to cry, but that's because it was a superbly conceived idea for a documentary. While the filmmaker and former Anvil roadie Sacha Gervasi spared the members of the band no embarrassing expense, he was also very fair. I couldn't really gauge Anvil as a band, because the samples of their songs were mostly too short. However, I have to admit, the song they featured the most from the album they recorded during the making of the film...reminded me of This is Spinal Tap. In fact, I think Anvil were the inspiration for Spinal Tap.

The best thing about the film, if you watch it on DVD, is the special features interview with Lars Ulrich. Ulrich is, without a doubt, the single biggest cunt in the history of metal (arguably all music). I've never seen a more affected manner of speech in an interview. It's truly remarkable how much he'd like to suck his own cock.

My girlfriend, who's completely unfamiliar with Ulrich, pointed it out immediately. "I can't pay attention to what he's saying because he keeps playing with his hair and licking his lips and staring off into the distance with fake intensity."

All in all, one of my favorite films of the year.

Anvil: The Story of Anvil - Wow. Amazing.

yes! fucking loved this one. the lead singer is so earnest and adorable. so unexpectedly redeeming!

Guest Malabar

Mel Brook's High Anxiety. The Psycho parody had me laughing like a drain: Here's ya paper!! Here's ya paper!! Here's ya stinkin' paper!!Happy now!!Happy!! Wish I had a link to youtube, but I think it got taken down.

Any opinions on this by Tarkovsky? I've already fallen in love with the music, but is the film any good? Based on Roadside Picnic, supposedly. Haven't read it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBBR8Pn7eUQ

Guest Mirezzi
Anvil: The Story of Anvil - Wow. Amazing.

yes! fucking loved this one. the lead singer is so earnest and adorable. so unexpectedly redeeming!

Yeah, very early on, my girlfriend says, "I think these guys did too much drugs."

While that might be true of Robb Reiner, I think Lips was just a very quixotic, young-at-heart, naive but lovable idiot.

The takeaway, for the most part, is about the value of relationships: between Reiner and Lips, but just as importantly, between Reiner/Lips and the filmmaker. That sounds cheesy, but it's true. Obviously, the band left an indelible impression on Gervasi when he was a teenager, enough that he left his successful Hollywood career as a screenwriter to make this longshot documentary about a longshot band.

I forgot to point it out before, but Anvil: The Story of Anvil was also superbly edited by Andrew Dickler. Not surprisingly, he had worked on A Mighty Wind and Borat as an assistant editor.

Guest Mirezzi

The end destroyed me, cried like a baby....great mother fucking documentary!

Then why did you give it a 7/10 with your arbitrary rating scale?!

Quit blowing Sam Raimi for making such a generic effort with Drag Me to Hell! :facepalm:

xoxo

:shuriken:

Archived