IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

i kind of liked the Patriot, so far that is the only 'solid' Emmerich film i've seen, i found it intriguing that it wasn't an overblown ridiculous set piece type of film, basically Braveheart but in colonial America *runs*

also just saw the Godfather 1 & 2 for the first time last week. Is it possible that Godfather 2 is one of the only sequels that is superior to the original? I really loved the second one, the first one was good too but i think i had already heard so much about it that it wasn't as much as a surprise. 2 was a lot more wtf and kept me on my toes, i didn't know what was going to happen.

GodFather 1 - 8/10

Godfather 2- 9/10

i also just saw

Whatever Works - 6/10 , basically Woody Allen writing a Curb your enthusiasm episode. He casts Larry David to basically play the same role Woody Allen played in Annie Hall(not to mention countless other movies he acts in). I liked Cassandra's Dream a lot better, and i think i even enjoyed Match Point more. This is like Woody allen going back and retreading his earlier styles but not as expertly done.

Transformers 2 - 3/10 holy god, critics and most people were absolutely right. I thought to myself 'it cant be that bad, the effects look pretty amazing' even on an HD screen with full surround sound mode the ending fight scene become so long grueling and paced so slowly that i had to turn it off. By the time that giant traktor guy starts sucking the racist robots in i totally loose interest. You become desensitized very quickly to the visuals and the characters are so one dimensional that you have no investment at all in caring if they stay alive or not. I also kind of scoffed at the notion of 'racist' robots before i saw it, but god dammit if that wasn't totally accurate to. Giant ears, gold teeth, big noses and they talk constantly about how poorly educated they are. Michael Bay has sunken to a new low, if that is even possible.

PAssengers - 1/10 oh my god, most terrible non sensical trick ending ever. even more frustrating than that movie Secret Window or Identity. awful awful awful

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Transformers 2 - 3/10 holy god, critics and most people were absolutely right. I thought to myself 'it cant be that bad, the effects look pretty amazing' even on an HD screen with full surround sound mode the ending fight scene become so long grueling and paced so slowly that i had to turn it off. By the time that giant traktor guy starts sucking the racist robots in i totally loose interest. You become desensitized very quickly to the visuals and the characters are so one dimensional that you have no investment at all in caring if they stay alive or not. I also kind of scoffed at the notion of 'racist' robots before i saw it, but god dammit if that wasn't totally accurate to. Giant ears, gold teeth, big noses and they talk constantly about how poorly educated they are. Michael Bay has sunken to a new low, if that is even possible.

haha i tried watching this 3 times now, just to laugh at a miserably bad movie, but had to give up after ~10 minutes every time. fuck me, this movie is "so bad, it's BAD".

are you telling me they showed robin williams cock and testicles in this film and ifucking missed it? when did they show the swinging dick?

His beast is also visible in The Fisher King

just watched this. man what a steaming pile of shit this one is. Terry Giliam fucking peaked with time bandits (apart from python) and time bandits is pretty shitty too. at least it's not trying to be anything other than stupid. it would be improved if robin williams quit robin williams-ing all over the place

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

up in the air

really good. more thank you for smoking than juno. i thought it was going to turn into a run of the mill romantic drama but it ended really well.

also, i want to fuck the living shit out of vera farmiga.

it's getting really good reviews but it looks awful. does the trailer not do it justice or am i not going to like it?

tried watching

the international p0op/10

had to turn it off. just so bad. naomi watts AND clive owen. one of them could be ok if they had someone else to play off but together its like watching your parents trying anal for the first time

nightmare before xmas 5/10

somehow i hadn't seen this before. thought i had but nope first time. didn' know it was a musical. why do all the songs suck? except maybe "what's this?". why does jack have such a choirboy singing voice? isn't he meant to be scary? the animation and characters are really good but the music is horrible. if i wanted to see a musical i'd go watch 'nine' and laugh at day-lewis. i turned it off with 22mins to go

i'd like to reitterate that moon really is a great film.

It's a not a bad film... just doesn't deserve a lot of the praise it has been getting, at least in my internet opinion.

tried watching

had to turn it off. just so bad. naomi watts AND clive owen. one of them could be ok if they had someone else to play off but together its like watching your parents trying anal for the first time

yeah don't blame you, this is one of these new era trite political message movies in a long line of shit where Syrania is probably the 'best' of the spectrum. Others include Rendition, Body of Lies, and Traitor.

If you didn't watch the whole thing, let me explain to you what happens. The whole movie is built around a final 'climax' where they interrogate one of the highest up bankers from the International and he admits to every evil conspiracy that people fantasize about evil corporations doing. So fucking cheesy and i guess maybe interesting if you don't pay attention to politics or world events whatsoever. Sans one cool good looking gun fight in a recreation of the NY museum of modern art, it's a shit film

Inglorious basterds 6/10

all the foriegn language subtitled parts with that nazi actor guy and the jewish theatre owner were so poorly paced and drawn out. It seemed like Tarantino was trying to out do Barry Lyndon's foriegn language juggling or a feel like the Godfather 2, but failed.

all the parts with purely French or German reminded me of the really weak parts in Kill Bill 1 when they go to Japan that seemed devoid of consistency and style.

I actually thought i would go into the movie thinking the actual 'basterds' were lame, especially Eli Roth. I actually was disappointed how little screen time they have and pissed that the boring as fuck jewish girl character took up most of the story. Brad Pitt's accent was laughable like i thought it would be , but turns out that was one of the least jarring aspects of the movie.

i think it was better than kill bill 1, but thats my least favorite movie by him

probably his 2nd worst movie overall. I found very little of it appealing, the main nazi guy The Jew Hunter was awesome, but that's all i can remember liking.

tried watching

yeah don't blame you, this is one of these new era trite political message movies in a long line of shit where Syrania is probably the 'best' of the spectrum. Others include Rendition, Body of Lies, and Traitor.

If you didn't watch the whole thing, let me explain to you what happens. The whole movie is built around a final 'climax' where they interrogate one of the highest up bankers from the International and he admits to every evil conspiracy that people fantasize about evil corporations doing. So fucking cheesy and i guess maybe interesting if you don't pay attention to politics or world events whatsoever. Sans one cool good looking gun fight in a recreation of the NY museum of modern art, it's a shit film

thanks for that.

traitor was actually better than i thought it was going to be. not great but watchable. syrania i didnt like.

Enjoyed Moon much more that Inglorious Basterds, what drawn out unatmospheric drivel that was.

Best film I've seen lately has to be Dead End (2003) with Ray Wise. This is top form suspense/horror

up in the air

really good. more thank you for smoking than juno. i thought it was going to turn into a run of the mill romantic drama but it ended really well.

it's getting really good reviews but it looks awful. does the trailer not do it justice or am i not going to like it?

it didn't look awful? i guess you won't like it? i have no idea?

Inglorious basterds 6/10

all the foriegn language subtitled parts with that nazi actor guy and the jewish theatre owner were so poorly paced and drawn out. It seemed like Tarantino was trying to out do Barry Lyndon's foriegn language juggling or a feel like the Godfather 2, but failed.

all the parts with purely French or German reminded me of the really weak parts in Kill Bill 1 when they go to Japan that seemed devoid of consistency and style.

I actually thought i would go into the movie thinking the actual 'basterds' were lame, especially Eli Roth. I actually was disappointed how little screen time they have and pissed that the boring as fuck jewish girl character took up most of the story. Brad Pitt's accent was laughable like i thought it would be , but turns out that was one of the least jarring aspects of the movie.

i think it was better than kill bill 1, but thats my least favorite movie by him

probably his 2nd worst movie overall. I found very little of it appealing, the main nazi guy The Jew Hunter was awesome, but that's all i can remember liking.

did you like the opening scene? that was the only thing in the movie that i thought was paced perfectly. had me on edge the entire time. the rest of the movie kind of sucked.

did you like the opening scene? that was the only thing in the movie that i thought was paced perfectly. had me on edge the entire time. the rest of the movie kind of sucked.

My thoughts exactly

typo

i thought the opening scene was paced ok, the 'jew hunter' again being the only thing that kept my attention. if it wasn't for that character the opening scene would be a super cliche scene we've seen probably one hundred times before in a nazi centric ww2 movie. Definitely had me on the edge of my seat, but i can't say QT has brought anything new to the table, the whole setup in the beginning seemed to be a paint by numbers nazi movie. Every time he appeared on screen i was having fun, otherwise the movie felt like a pretentious mess of a film. The guy who plays hitler seemed like a made for TV movie casting. The whole scene where the theatre girl shoots the nazi dude and vice versa was unwatchable cringe.

edit: i also enjoyed the music, definitely better choices and cues than in Kill Bill 1 or 2

up in the air

it didn't look awful? i guess you won't like it? i have no idea?

it looks awful. is it a comedy? no laughs in the trailer. plus i dunt like clooney. i'll skip

eaten alive

8/10

great film from the director of texas chainsaw massacre, his follow up, actually. loses some of the realism of chainsaw due to the fact that its shot on sets, but that actually takes the film into a totally different, very surreal territory.

Archived