IGNORED

looking for new anime recommendations

Rubin Farr

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched one on Tubi the other day which was really good called Robot Carnival. New to me, but it was made in 87 I think. I highly recommend it. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1cf2c5de99a7528d0dd8e0841e51ecbf.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Pantheon - pretty good. gets banans in 2nd season

Scavengers Reign - PK Dick meets Fantastic Planet meets Ursula K. Le guin. i really liked it. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, chenGOD said:

That looks like a pretty awesome box set!

I already have the deluxe versions of the night is short walk on girl, which is a spinoff of the tatami galaxy, mindgame and inu-oh from anime-limited but everything masaaki yuasa is never enough... my favorite director to say the least... not just in the anime world but overall... lynch and him probably 1st place in my book...

latest one which is pretty sick as well:

ANI0743_InuOh-LE-3D-topview-ShopExclusive-UK_x1024.thumb.png.5816fc73e9c76723d404a7a264d6fd58.png

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

I already have the deluxe versions of the night is short walk on girl, which is a spinoff of the tatami galaxy, mindgame and inu-oh from anime-limited but everything masaaki yuasa is never enough... my favorite director to say the least... not just in the anime world but overall... lynch and him probably 1st place in my book...

latest one which is pretty sick as well:

ANI0743_InuOh-LE-3D-topview-ShopExclusive-UK_x1024.thumb.png.5816fc73e9c76723d404a7a264d6fd58.png

Very cool - I'll have to see what I can dig up while I'm over here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Anyone checked this out yet?

not here but honestly I'm not that keen on that cgi and color palette...

finally finished Pantheon… it's pretty cool, gets a bit repetitive with basic drama and action sequences along the way but the final 2 eps make up for it? kind of… not much to chew into imo... animation is not that great as well... anyway, it really captures that nostalgia for the future that's mentioned by Maddie, which is something I felt several times before and it shooked me quite a bit… almost brought tears to my eyes…

Spoiler

who am I kidding, it actually did…:(

on the other hand, started Blue Eye Samurai… quite ironic when you start with that intro about japanese exclusive bullshit and then the show is actually in english… turned it off when that Kill Bill song started… cliché script with bland af animation, don't think I'll stick with it…

started cyberpunk edgerunners and this I can call proper anime... animation overload all over the place with all the absurd anime tropes I love... 

yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, my opinion, man...

• 2 weeks later...

rewatching FLCL 1st season for the 3rd time… it only gets better… love it to pieces… the level of detail in this beast is magnificent... they manage to express all the carachters emotions trough subtle animation cues, e.g. (😚🥫💦☺️) and son on and on and on, way too many to put into words... so many different types of animation techniques, extreme over the edge absurd animation sequences... completely surreal... amazing sound fx, everything neatly put together…

pretty cool soundtrack as well, emo parts for the romantic/melancholic takes and the hard rock ones for the battle scenes, the one bellow reminds me of Weezer somehow… it's from a j rock band called "the pillows"...

tried watching 2nd season some time ago but didn't stick with me… I'll get back to it some other time...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...