IGNORED

Clark - Totems Flare

o00o

I think it's like this:

BRC234 = Totems Flare + Steepgrass Five

BRC234LTD = Totems Flare + Steepgrass Five and Live CD

whats a bit odd is that the LTD is 200 Yen cheaper.

that Steepgrass Five track is 20 minutes of ambient musics

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's like this:

BRC234 = Totems Flare + Steepgrass Five

BRC234LTD = Totems Flare + Steepgrass Five and Live CD

whats a bit odd is that the LTD is 200 Yen cheaper.

that Steepgrass Five track is 20 minutes of ambient musics

droool. do you have it? is it worth it? ill order it on your word.

nah I don't have it. check your inbox.

Tune in to BBC Radio 1 at 2am tonight - Wednesday 15th July to hear an exclusive guest mix by Clark on Mary Anne Hobbs' "Experimental" show. Alternatively, the mix will be available for UK residents to listen to for 7 days afterwards on BBC iPlayer.

can anybody link (or pm) an mp3 from this? i'm waiting patiently for the 21st.

That's naughty, but here's the Totem's Flare Album Samplers 1 & 2 to tide you over until then, direct from WARP!

http://warp.net/records/clark/totems-flare-mp3-sampler-downloads-parts-1-and-2

Guest Archrival

The mix on Mary Anne is just AMAZING! 2 New unreleased tracks on there that sounds like the best tracks he EVER made. Stunning material.

Looking forward to Clarkes next one :P really enjoyed Totems Flare.

That's easily one of my favorite parts of the album.

normally i'm a fan of buzzed-out texture on tracks. it's got a nice physicality about it. but it seems excessive on totems flare. i prefer the sound design for the tripod-esque (towering) machine in terminator salvation. i guess it's played out to complain about clark's use of compression, so i'll refrain. the melodies seem potentially affecting and i've only just got the album today. i hear wannnabe boards-ness throughout it.

That's easily one of my favorite parts of the album.

normally i'm a fan of buzzed-out texture on tracks. it's got a nice physicality about it. but it seems excessive on totems flare. i prefer the sound design for the tripod-esque (towering) machine in terminator salvation. i guess it's played out to complain about clark's use of compression, so i'll refrain. the melodies seem potentially affecting and i've only just got the album today. i hear wannnabe boards-ness throughout it.

listen to this loud with a good pair of bookshelf speakers and a sub... I can see your point of view had I listened to this album on sub-average equipment. If you had listened to this on nice equipment then I guess we just disagree.

What's all the fuzzz about ?

I don't really get what's going here pals, I got the album, love it, the thing I'm the most disapointed with must be the cd packaging, and the fact that there's not extra mini cd packed with it when you order it from warp, unlike they did with, ala throttle clarence... and maybe the cd cover, which is a bit disapointing too ( really loved the cover of clarence park, and of course empty the bones of you, another great masterpiece by the TDR...)

What's with the japanese edition and the extra track and bonus cd ? Anyone got this ?

What's with the mary anne mix ? Anyone got this ?

Please post links of the mix and all, I'm a bit lost in this thread ;)

Archived