IGNORED

Clark - Totems Flare

o00o

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Glass Plate

so the drum sounds like say in the end of look into the heart (he has used that style a lot lately)

do you think they're sequenced home-made samples, actually played or what?

Dear Tim Exile,

This is how to correctly use vocals if you have no fucking clue how to sing.

Sincerely,

Chris Clark

so the drum sounds like say in the end of look into the heart (he has used that style a lot lately)

do you think they're sequenced home-made samples, actually played or what?

thats a good question. considering he played most of the drums and sampled them for body riddle id say there is a good chance he has a ton of drum sounds that he made from those sessions.

Clark is also in the process of recording extended versions of his rave tracks, to be released on 20-minute mini CDs.

wtf? i read it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Clark_(...ronic_musician)

ME WANTZ

unless it's referring to Throttle Furniture

that is very curious indeed. im not a huge fan of those kind of tracks but id like to hear it

beariksson and jules, i'm sorry to dissapoint you but any idiot can see that these tracks are from Throttle Furniture. Look at the text again, look at the context. It ends kinda abrupty, only mention of his latest work is in the discography so you gotta assume no-one has updated that wiki since he shortened his name.

Now allow me to digress....

Getting real fed up up with this Clark guy releasing albums and EP's beginning with the letter T. Scrolling through my MP3 player to find Ted EP and realising theres about 5 other releases begging with that letter. Well...i'm not sure what else to say. Its a drag.

beariksson and jules, i'm sorry to dissapoint you but any idiot can see that these tracks are from Throttle Furniture. Look at the text again, look at the context. It ends kinda abrupty, only mention of his latest work is in the discography so you gotta assume no-one has updated that wiki since he shortened his name.

Now allow me to digress....

Getting real fed up up with this Clark guy releasing albums and EP's beginning with the letter T. Scrolling through my MP3 player to find Ted EP and realising theres about 5 other releases begging with that letter. Well...i'm not sure what else to say. Its a drag.

ok, no reason to call us idiots. that wiki page has turning dragon and totems flare listed on it so it has clearly been updated since throttle furniture came out 3 years ago. also, i don't consider anything on throttle furniture to a be a "rave" track or an extended version of anything.

you have a problem with your computer automatically alphabetizing by the second letter of a word? not sure i understand your problem there.

check ze history

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...;oldid=99298310

This info was added 2007. He also added info about Throttle Furniture. So I'm quite sure he was aware of it's existence. By the way, whats ravey about Throttle Furniture apart from Urgent Jell Hack?

Maybe he was talking about Throttle Promoter? (still, not that ravey either and it was released on 12" in 07)

also, his wikipedia page was update 10 days ago.

did anyone crack up at the bit at the end of Luxman Furs?

Girl - "What are you trying to do to me?"

Guy - "I just want one tiny laugh..."

Girl - "Laaaaaaaaaaa-"

haha. all the more reason i want a full list of lyrics on this disc damn it!

a lot o the songs he put on this album, such as totem crackerjack, are really amazing, at first I thought it was just interesting. The more I listen to it I pick out more and more of the insane level of detail and space he put into the tracks. A little shaker over here, a cough over there, some hand claps, insane buzzing things drifting in and out, random shifts in how things are mixed, a synth becomiming more and more modulated before being drowned in reverb. Strange shifts in style, strange mixes in style, its fucking rediculous shit

a lot o the songs he put on this album, such as totem crackerjack, are really amazing, at first I thought it was just interesting. The more I listen to it I pick out more and more of the insane level of detail and space he put into the tracks. A little shaker over here, a cough over there, some hand claps, insane buzzing things drifting in and out, random shifts in how things are mixed, a synth becomiming more and more modulated before being drowned in reverb. Strange shifts in style, strange mixes in style, its fucking rediculous shit

yea seriously. his attention to detail here has far surpassed anything he has done previously. and he always seemed very meticulous to me so this is even more rewarding on repeat listens.

Guest MastaN8

And this is what we call evolution.

All the hate for Growls Garden, Eveyone had a expectation box weighing on thier heads down not turning twoards the future but to the past. Like some guy who keeps playing the same early 90s radio singles because they were too afraid to try somthing new.

Outside Plume- Here take a large bite of this peanut butter and pickle sandwich and chew it up and swallow, in time you might think wow this is suprisingly good.

Growl's Garden-The soundtrack to the end of my spring walking up and down the streets at night, some one may ask you what youre listing to tell them snoop dogg and put your headphones on them, when they take em off whisper to them "Hear that in the background? Thats snoop dog."

Rainbow Voodoo- Nasty, just fucking nasty. Punk meets a chris cunnigham video. Is it worth it in the long run?

Fuck No Bitch! Seething vox right here are when I think the combo of the pills coke alchohol and pb and pickle may take me away to another place...lets dance with smiling midgits happily, with ska shoes on, lights and spinning out of control, laughing and then breaking down to cry. Now Reflect- Wait-FUCK YOU! This break is so awesome, I want it looped as my casket is lowered in to the grave.

Look in to the heart now- After breaking down the soothing yet jitterey 303 and steady pace then breaking down and vocoder comes in are what makes my jaw drop. Synths wash over you and clean your soul. BUT NO- 303 SOLO to end the track. nod to juicy luke.

Luxman furs- Smiling and bleeding from somewhere. Mr Bungle anyone? A clean mushroom tripp turns bad, whoops yeah the pb and pickle had some shrooms in it as well. fuck it clap 4 times and dance while sweating and kicking up dirt in your face on a insane tequilia binge.

Totem crackerjack-fun and love the drum changes, and the synths wash over you again....Knob cranker........You might think your going to never come back but the little synth that could doubles a couple octaves lower, thow some heavey breathing in to the mix and you ve got a soild track, Build and destrory. Now breathe, eveythings going to be ok right?

Future daniel-Melting synths and vox, to the use of live drum trcks on this song destroy any thing ive heard in sometime. And attention to every little fucking detail, breaks, claps, scratch. Beauitiful ambience to build back up one little synth to remind you he could give eveyone what they want all the time but, you will apreciate it more in the long run if you dont eat macdonalds everday

Primary balloon landing- Remind me of a more positive, funeral track off ted ep?

Talis-love this one, the loops and sub bass , childlike rhymes, and might i say Old school Al Jorgenseny vox via with sympathy. Then double up the drums and release.

Suns of Temper- crying synths melt to doubled bpm flashes, note the pad work and the hornish blurts ,Coil comes to mind. Break to a nin fragile era drum loop, vox sound apocolyptic. PADS. I almost want to cry because the album is waving goodbye too soon.

Absence-love the reverb guitar with the soothing organic synths creeping in the background. decending slowly out of sight.

I love this album and hope that he will tour the states soon if ever.

Guest Grizz

I still think Growls Garden is a bit weak in comparison to other EP's he did with albums, especially the Throttle ones. I mean Urgent Jell Hack & Friday Bread are much better "rave" tracks than anything from Turning Dragon.

Saw him tour with a drummer in a tiny pubs backroom after Body Riddle, and in a Manc club after Turning Dragon so can't wait to see him after this has been out. His live shows always made me appreciate the last two albums more afterwards, and he is probably the nicest guy that makes music to boot

I still think Growls Garden is a bit weak in comparison to other EP's he did with albums, especially the Throttle ones. I mean Urgent Jell Hack & Friday Bread are much better "rave" tracks than anything from Turning Dragon.

Saw him tour with a drummer in a tiny pubs backroom after Body Riddle, and in a Manc club after Turning Dragon so can't wait to see him after this has been out. His live shows always made me appreciate the last two albums more afterwards, and he is probably the nicest guy that makes music to boot

id love to be able to see him. apparently he will be incorporating some new stuff he has made since totems flare during his new totems set. argh. i cant get enough of this album. god damn it!

Guest olson

i have been listening to this a lot. future daniel might be my new favorite clark song. fuckin great album though (luxman furs is the only song i could do without). almost makes me feel bad for counting him out after turning dragon.

Guest Archrival
fuckin great album though (luxman furs is the only song i could do without).

I agree with this

I agree, but overall a huge step up from Turning Dragon, I must say I had a blast the 2 times I listened to this album! :beer:

Guest bitroast

LOok into the heart now is the one song i could do without. find it rather average..

other than that, amazing album *nods*

Dear Tim Exile,

This is how to correctly use vocals if you have no fucking clue how to sing.

Sincerely,

Chris Clark

QFT

Listening Tree is totally ruined by the shitty vocals.

while Exile's lyrics ill admit are pretty bad and detracted from Listening Tree i can't really say at the same time that Clark's lyrics blew me away or weren't cringe worthy in some parts either.

I feel like most of the electronic artists who try to sing over their tracks can't sing, but thats just me !

Archived