IGNORED

pizza

Chris Moss Acid

My grandmother (Slovak descent) used to make Pagach, which is kind of like a "pierogi pizza".  I wouldn't call it a pizza but it's such a Slavic dish.

Basically you bake some dough, then stuff it with a mixture of mashed potatoes and cheese (some people add cooked onions).  I didn't think I'd like it but damn was it good and filling.

Ukrainian Pagach

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

i don't want that

HB-Heinz_6-09-1922703_copy_large.jpg?v=1

Cupcakes:

175 g               Sunflower oil
175 g               Light brown sugar
2                      Large free-range eggs

225 g               Plain flour
1 tsp                Baking powder

1 tsp                Bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp               Salt

1 can (415g)    Heinz Beanz

Frosting:
135 g   Unsalted butter, at room temperature
535 g   Icing sugar
320 g   Full-fat cream cheese, cold
80 g     Maple syrup

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Tim_J said:

Looks good... 

IMG_20210208_155630.jpg

looks good, yes, but how do they taste? I'm usually disappointed with most of the vegan supermarket food options out there.

I'm not even a full time vegan either, just try to eat healthy a lot of the time to balance out the massive quantities of booze my body has to deal with.

15 minutes ago, zero said:

looks good, yes, but how do they taste? I'm usually disappointed with most of the vegan supermarket food options out there.

I'm not even a full time vegan either, just try to eat healthy a lot of the time to balance out the massive quantities of booze my body has to deal with.

it tasted damn good...:) i had hope and still i was surprised...

anyway, 1.5 euros per pizza, pretty good...

Edited by Tim_J

10 hours ago, dingformung said:

Needs more toppings. You can do better.

Nope. Actually, the pepperoni is almost too much. I want my simple pizzas to taste amazing with only two ingredients - tomato and cheese. The secret is to add parmesan to the mix.

39 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Any tips regarding flour? Never sure which one to use

High gluten flour, iirc.

Going from what I've read, though. Ever since people in this thread started showing off their fancy back yard pizza ovens and my wife forbade me from buying one myself this thread has lost all its appeal and I just order takeout.

?

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, dingformung said:

I understand that approach, was just trying to be a dick.

Any tips regarding flour? Never sure which one to use

As long as it's Tipo 00 you'll be fine.

My recipe is super easy:

For three pizzas

500grams of Tipo 00
100ml hot water
200ml cold water
7 grams of fresh yeast
10 grams of salt

Pour the hot and cold water into a bowl, stir, throw in the yeast, stir until dissolved. Throw the flour into your mixer (or into a bowl if you want to knead it by hand), and pour the water with the yeast into it slowly while the mixer is going at a fairly low speed. Once all in turn up the speed of your mixer, and once everything has combined pour in the salt ever so slowly. Then crank that shit up to full speed for 10 minutes and leave the house because it's noisy as fuck.
Once done, throw some flour onto the kitchen table and get your dough. I don't know how to describe the movement you'll be doing next, but you stretch the dough, then fold, stretch, then fold. Do this until the ball of dough is nice and whole and has a smooth surface. Then leave it on the table and put the mixing bowl over it and wait for and hour or two.
Remove the bowl, and cut the dough into 250-260grams of balls, roll them into lovely round balls, put them into smaller bowls and wrap it in vita wrap or simply put it in a proofing tray and put it in the fridge.

The dough will last up till 7 days. The longer you wait the crispier the pizza.

Once you decide that today is pizza-day, make sure to take the bring it out of the fridge 6 hours before preparing the pizza.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only thing that keeps me from eating pizza more frequently is not having a mixer. Kneading dough by hand is a chore. I do like when the dough becomes sour dough like, I like older (slightly fermented, I guess?) dough more. Pecorino is nice when Parmesan is getting boring (been eating way too much Parmesan on everything). There is a lot of room for creativity in the tomato sauce as well

16 hours ago, Tim_J said:

Looks good... 

IMG_20210208_155630.jpg

dNJKF8b.jpg though..where r u based? spain? portugal? shipped through half of europe in a driving fridge. on the other hand, i bet most of the ingredients are/were from spain. unbelievable carbon footprint on that thing. make your own dough and cut out the middleman, you are blessed with some decent vegs down there. 

16 minutes ago, dingformung said:

The only thing that keeps me from eating pizza more frequently is not having a mixer. Kneading dough by hand is a chore. I do like when the dough becomes sour dough like, I like older (slightly fermented, I guess?) dough more. Pecorino is nice when Parmesan is getting boring (been eating way too much Parmesan on everything). There is a lot of room for creativity in the tomato sauce as well

theguardian has a nice article today

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2021/feb/08/how-to-make-much-better-home-pizzas-from-flavour-filled-bases-to-next-level-toppings

some good advice there and read the comments.. if u dont like kneading u could do the no-knead approach they mention there..its a very good dough, i use it all the time. could be enhanced with a little bit of rye(5%) and some lievito madre(5%).. 

Edited by iococoi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iococoi said:

dNJKF8b.jpg though..where r u based? spain? portugal? shipped through half of europe in a driving fridge. on the other hand, i bet most of the ingredients are/were from spain. unbelievable carbon footprint on that thing. make your own dough and cut out the middleman, you are blessed with some decent vegs down there. 

yeah sure why not, but... 1.5 euros... and yes we have some beautiful bobs and vegs over here...:)