IGNORED

Squarepusher - Solo Electric Bass 1

ascdi

Guest uelogy
ooh! they just added a new release format!

Authentic Bass Guitar USB Stick containing Solo Electric Bass 1 - Solo Electric Bass 11 audio files

Guitarusbflashdrive1.jpg

Are you sure?

I dont see it on the website? that usb thingy, good on squarepusher always pushing the envalope

Are you sure?

I dont see it on the website? that usb thingy, good on squarepusher always pushing the envalope

I so hope you're not being serious !

Guest Otto Krat

I may be a great fan of the pusher, I won't buy this. He's a very good bass player, but I hate any kind of "guitar hero" stuff: I'm ok if he incorporates more jazzy/bass things in the music he makes, but just bass...puah.

But I may consider pirate. Just to show it to my bass player friend who don't like IDM.

But the Loveless cover is good sheat.

Guest bitroast

fan of mbv, fan of basspusher. but i have to see, i didnt really make the connection between the two covers when i first aw it.

thought it was more along of the lines of them finding a pic of tom playing bass, and ultra zooming on his ultra speedy hands to make him appear like super man. hence the blur. where as loveless cover is all blurred and warped to fit the music. you see??

I wonder if the sound quality will be any good, or if it'll be a poorly recorded jobbie like the second disc of DYKS.

DYKSP really annoyed me. It could have been a nice EP, but the second disc is just annoying, and added about $20AU to the price as well. If it were a video that'd be really cool though.

the only memories i have of the 2nd disc were a not so great audience recording of a live show of his (in japan?) where he basically just hit 'play' on his equipment. unlike a lot of other gigs ive seen of his this particular one sounded totally prerecorded with no noticeable live elements. a huge waste for a 'live' release of squarepusher.

I wonder if the sound quality will be any good, or if it'll be a poorly recorded jobbie like the second disc of DYKS.

DYKSP really annoyed me. It could have been a nice EP, but the second disc is just annoying, and added about $20AU to the price as well. If it were a video that'd be really cool though.

the only memories i have of the 2nd disc were a not so great audience recording of a live show of his (in japan?) where he basically just hit 'play' on his equipment. unlike a lot of other gigs ive seen of his this particular one sounded totally prerecorded with no noticeable live elements. a huge waste for a 'live' release of squarepusher.

maybe he did what Type O Negative did with their "live" second album "Origin of the Feces". They were contractually obligated to release a live album so they just faked it, and added audience noises. I never noticed that until I was told, 12 years later. I don't know what that means exactly... could go a couple diff ways...

EDIT: so yeah, maybe THAT is the reason the 2nd disc sounds as it does. I dunno.

Guest JohnTqs

maybe he did what Type O Negative did with their "live" second album "Origin of the Feces". They were contractually obligated to release a live album so they just faked it, and added audience noises. I never noticed that until I was told, 12 years later. I don't know what that means exactly... could go a couple diff ways...

EDIT: so yeah, maybe THAT is the reason the 2nd disc sounds as it does. I dunno.

no, that pusher live disc is legit

this is where it was recorded

no, that pusher live disc is legit

this is where it was recorded

what i was saying is (without seeing it) that i'm sure squarepusher was really there on stage, im not doubting that. but whether he was actually doing anything 'live' on the tracks themselves is debatable. if i remember correctly he doesnt even pick up his bass during this set and it was mostly tracks from Go Plastic and 'Do you know' which are highly intense programmed songs but still very memorable. As i listen to 'alive in japan' it sounds to me like most of the songs are just being played back from a dat or cd with him playing with an effects processor on top.

Just seems like a rather odd choice to make for an official live squarepusher release.

Plus the sound quality is wank, I've heard bootlegs of better quality. It needed a mixture of soundboard recording and crowd noises, as it stands it just sounds terrible.

Guest JohnTqs
are there any recordings of him playing with the touring band that he put together?

i haven't heard any good ones. wasn't it just a drummer?

Guest JohnTqs

i thought the sax one was that track off lo and behold by 'tom jenkinson & friends'. for the jas tour i've only seen him with that dude alex the drummer

I am a huge Type O Negative fan, but i will be honest, I had no idea that a live version of Origin of the Feces existed. That is a big lol.

Archived