IGNORED

Untilted is Autechre's best album

Suffocate Peon

Untilted is definitely a juggernaut of electronic music. It is a force to be reckoned with and Ipacial Section is the tits. I don't know what their "best" is though. There's no "worst" Autechre album since they are total pros.

Guest theSun

Autechre's best album is always the 2nd newest.

Whenever they drop another album, Quaristice will become their best album

i would lol if all the quaristice haters starting loving at after their next release. don't think it'll happen though. quaristice is good, but it's breaking the ae mold, which is kind of a contradiction in itself, but still. quaristice (and all its friends) is a different beast.

i hope at least that people will stop telling them to do an ambient album

Untilted is certainly their most intricate work but it has taken the best of four years and two Elektron's to realise this although Quadrange keeps me comming back a little more now.

Sublimit on ket is quite fucking amazing.

Guest Calx Sherbet

i hope at least that people will stop telling them to do an ambient album

no they shouldn't, but when they do have ambient songs they are pretty damn cool. WNSN for example

Guest theSun

ae ambient is cool, but all the people saying they need to do a "proper" (fucking brits) ambient album can suck it. ae is about syncopation and anyone who thinks otherwise is a tool.

Guest Calx Sherbet

i think autechre could make a sweet ambient album. have you heard altibzz. dam son.

i think they should avoid ambient unless it's some sort of "add-on" EP to something else. but altibzz? hell yes! yeah.gif

Guest theSun

Fuck it's all about Draft 7.30.

I think someone could make a song that sounds like something off Untilted, but I really doubt anyone could make a track that sounds like Draft.

eh, that doesn't make it better. not to me anyway. i really like draft but i prefer the arrangement of untilted tracks. it's less dark and staggering, more sporadic/spastic.

Guest mafted

I couldn't really get in to this one for a while.. then, all of a sudden, it clicked. It was like a sonic epiphany. Ipacial Section is a masterpiece.

Guest theSun

nah, Chiastic Slide or LP5. Drane 2 and Nuane pretty much piss all over the best tracks on any later album.

who let joyrex in here?

I like the later albums too but I agree that mid period Autechre was the most impressive. Envane through Confield wails so hard. Confield was the last album I loved by them, the rest have still been pretty solid though.

theres that track they always play live in the recent shows from 2005 onwards, i'm talking the one that starts at about 30 mins into the Glasgow set. That track proves they still have the ability to make nice sweet flowing melodic pieces, and I hope they do a little bit of advancement melodically before they try to crank the beat up to the next level any more. What I mean by that is that I hope their next album is more melodic

Archived