IGNORED

Synchronized Ae Album Cycle

thehauntingsoul

Alright folks well I'm back with another sickeningly fanboyish idea.

What if we listen to the entire Ae discography over the course of a few weeks/months and discuss about it periodically. I like going to shows to listen to music WITH other people, and sometimes me and a buddy will sync up a track so that it starts at exactly the same time and discuss how awesome it is. Its basically just a splooge of autechre fanboyism but if this had to go anywhere, the Ae forums here on our own Watmm is the place.

I'm thinking we listen to an album for like 3 days or so, and then move on to the next one. Just the idea of knowing that all the other ae fans on here also have the same ae album as me going in rotation. Also we can talk about the albums one by one while we do this and discuss what tracks we like/dislike and what tracks we've grown to enjoy. The only rules would be that you have to listen to the ENTIRE album cumulatively within the period for everyone. We could negotiate the rotation period obviously but the basic premise stays the same.

I don't think there is really much point to this, just a fun and interesting experiment but would you guys be down for making the epic Autechre journey together?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well I want to give the semi-regulars some time to see this thread and everybody who is down should post in here so when there is enough people we'll give it a go.

It would still be cool to do with like 2-3 people but less cool.

I'm surprised nobody has flamed me for this yet.

edit: never mind

edit: actually I guess that wasn't a flame

I think it'd be easiest to change on a weekly basis. And you could just have a prominent thread each week (ie "CHIASTIC SLIDE Thread") where the discussion would go down and anybody could stop by and throw down comments throughout the week. You could also organize more specific meetings and track discussions (stickam etc) from within the thread.

Do it by album and associated EP's.

The main point being the album ie Incunabula, but encompasses Lego Feet for instance. Amber with Anti, Tri Rep with Anvil and Garbage etc.

BVlah blah fglenrgker

lol, I just listened to their entire catalog over the course of August so I am kind of on a break for a while. If was just an album a week I would prob be into that though.

Just discuss albums. EP's/remixes as sidenote kind of thing. More chance of people owning the albums but not the eps and extras and shit.

So as I said before, it'll be Chiastic Slide week, which would envelop Envane and Cichli Suite as a secondary discussion. I mean, try not to over organize this into being boring of course.

Archived