IGNORED

Is any one REALLY purchasing things?

Guest Glass Plate

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just purchased the Citrac 2xLP by James Ferraro, but before that, almost all the records I bought this year were used. I don't think I've bought a cd for at least two years; I've felt kind of cheated when I buy them recently. Lots of downloading unfortunately.

You see, weed is very expensive, as are rent and utilities. Hopefully with full-time work I can buy back all the albums I sold over the past three years, and then start buying records I haven't owned before. But I'm done with cds, unless there's something really special about it like special packaging, exclusivity, or includes cheese pizza

Guest Adjective

i buy maybe one or two albums a year, digitally, if it's an artist i feel will improve my life, if they can afford to continue.

i buy pretty much 95% of everything i listen to these days. the only stuff i get via torrents is hard to find albums, etc.

and i'd say about 75% of the new music i buy is through my emusic account, they have a lot of amazing stuff, even albums that are already on bleep - and for a fraction of the price!

i've also been addicted to buying vinyl lately, since i bought a new turntable. but that's mostly old albums - 70's prog and such.

and i'd say about 75% of the new music i buy is through my emusic account, they have a lot of amazing stuff, even albums that are already on bleep - and for a fraction of the price!

Same :)

I don't download albums unless I absolutely can't find it on CD or vinyl or it's a download only release obviously. So far there hasn't been a release I haven't been able to obtain a physical copy of.

Don't buy much though, not much takes my interest. Here's what I bought this year:

Moderat - Moderat

SND - Atavism

Traject - Birting

Einoma - Undir Feilnotum

Jega - Variance

Amon Tobin - Supermodified, Chaos Theory, Out From Out Where

Warp20

Guest GrandPopPoplock

ALL OF THE MUSIC I BOUGHT THIS YEAR ( all CD's ) :

CLARK - 'Totems Flare'

AFX - 'Hangable Auto Bulb'

BIBIO - 'Ambivalence Avenue'

DAN DEACON - 'Bromst

HEALTH - 'Get Color'

PICTURE PLANE - 'Dark Drift'

DEASTRO - 'Moondagger'

THOM YORKE - 'The Eraser'

CLARK - 'Empty The Bones Of You'

And tomorrow I will buy Nosaj Thing's 'Drift'....hopefully .

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Oh , and I'm getting these for my birthday ( all CD's ) :

AMON TOBIN - 'Supermodified'

VENETIAN SNARES - 'Rossz Csillag Alatt Szuletett'

VENETIAN SNARES -'Detrimentalist'

OSBORNE - 'Osborne'

it's not worth my time to search and torrent when emusic is so cheap and fast

yeah pretty much.. i still don't know how they stay in business though! even though they've recently changed the plans it's still damn cheap.

i buy 95% of what i listen (minus the impossible to track down limited releases i miss).

i even bought some stuff online (WAV/MP3) even if i lack the physical objects. just a matter of trust/respect towards the artists/label.

i noticed i need to SEE the records otherwise i tend to forget to listens to certain records (on HD).

it's not worth my time to search and torrent when emusic is so cheap and fast

yeah pretty much.. i still don't know how they stay in business though! even though they've recently changed the plans it's still damn cheap.

I used to be a member, really enjoyed it when I was able to get 50-credit gift cards from Circuit City for like $5. Those were the days. After that I wasn't finding much on there that I really wanted, so I canceled. I think now I'd probably find a bunch more stuff I want, as my interests are always changing. But I don't like their new pricing plans really. I also realized I was sometimes spending credits on something I liked enough to buy a physical copy of, and I don't like spending money twice on the same thing. But I guess I'd be at least supporting the artist a little, in the case I end up buy a used CD.

Since last.fm and the weekly Boomkat newsletter with it's ever increasing mp3 collection, my dodgy downloading rate has gone down to virtually nothing. Both my waffles and what accounts have now gone through lack of use too....

I'm looking through the eMusic options now and I remember what really drove me crazy about the system...the fixed number of credits per month and that they don't roll over, meaning it was difficult to use exactly the right number of credits, especially for those of us that listen to albums and don't just pick and choose tracks. However, I think their updated plan sets a specified number of credits for most albums, regardless of the number of tracks. So that may or may not help things.

I'd recommend emusic, and its not that bad with credits. I find I don't have enough for all that I want usually (thank god for save for later), and there are plenty of 4-6 credit EPs to use your remaining credits. Or you can buy a booster pack.

before I became a poor ass student I bought shedloads.

gave away a bunch of vinyl to my friend in Korea...other vinyl still at a different friends house in Korea.

This year i think the only thing I've bought is the Warp 20 box set.

Ripping all my CDs to mp3 then selling..even if I get a dollar a piece, that's still like 800 bucks.

Basically...collecting is hard when you have no money.

Guest ezkerraldean

before I became a poor ass student I bought shedloads.

gave away a bunch of vinyl to my friend in Korea...other vinyl still at a different friends house in Korea.

This year i think the only thing I've bought is the Warp 20 box set.

Ripping all my CDs to mp3 then selling..even if I get a dollar a piece, that's still like 800 bucks.

Basically...collecting is hard when you have no money.

same here pretty much. back when i was 18-19 i spent literally all my eanings on petrol, booze, and CDs, in equal amounts. had 3 or 4 albums coming through the post every week. those were the days. far too poor for that shit now though.

since 99% of my CDs are on the other side of the atlantic, and i only have about half of them ripped to my hard drive, i often find myself downloading albums off dodgy blogs that i do actually own. (honest lol)

being poor sucks.

Archived