1. Chocolate Wheelchair Album

2. Infolepsy

3. Rossz Csillag Alatt Szuletett

4. Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding

5. Winter In The Belly Of A Snake

6. Higgins Ultra Low Track Glue Funk Hits 1972-20

don't really listen to much else.

[iMO]

This list will do for me. I was a vsnares fanboy for a while but everything past rossz lost the magic. Felt like capitalising and refining what he had already achieved rather than tackling a new mindblowing concept / sample set (which for a while he was doing every few months). If you are new to him tho, the newer albums are prolly where its at but in a discography context they have been hella dissapointing or avg at best imo.

[/iMO]

I still consider choc wheelchair and hccbu bonafide masterpieces start to finish :snares:

• 1 year later...

Rossz Csillag Alatt Született/My Downfall

Cavalcade of Glee and Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms

Chocolate Wheelchair

Filth

Winter In The Belly of A Snake

Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding

Detrimentalist

Meathole

I listened through Hospitality and HCCBU today. I wish he'd go back to the level of quality-check he did on those compared to the new, sketchier stuff.

I listened through Hospitality and HCCBU today. I wish he'd go back to the level of quality-check he did on those compared to the new, sketchier stuff.

I really enjoyed Hospitality when it came out but the last time I listened to it I found it kind of cheesy. That's a shame because it used to be one of my favourite ones.

The ones I prefer are Chocolate Wheelchair and Winter In The Belly Of A Snake.

I wish he made a whole album in the verve of Horsey Noises because tracks 2 and 3 raises excellence to my ears.

Also, I'm not really into the Detrimentalist and the last album mood. I know he can do more

EDIT : the two Last Step albums are also in my top VS list

Edited by Antape

I go back to Hospitality because the track Hospitality melts my brain. I watched him live in February this year and he just played jungle-y stuff from My So Called Life and Detrimentalist before using the set to wreck the ears of everyone with angry noise. Had he played Hospitality at the end it would have been amazing.

Winter in the Belly of a Snake gets better with every listen i think. I like the transitional and short ambient tracks. I think like Aphex Twin with the RDJ album (and after), he just started and then didn't stop making full-on pop tracks and nearly every release seems to be just 10 of these. I'd like him to make more of an 'album' like WITBOAS and go darker and more oblique.

After listening and discovering the awesomness of Meathole for the past two days, it's quickly becoming my favourite.

i was late in the game becoming a fan of venetian snares, only this year i decided to catch up on what he had been doing for the last few years. i wasn't really into his earlier releases but everything after 2005 is mostly brilliant stuff.

Guest Lucy Faringold

Cavalcade and Winter are his best I think. Meathole gets a mention just for being so nasty.

Seems like ages since he's dropped a really good album.

Songs About My Cats is his best in my opinion...Venetian Snares in a good mood...it's funny, noisy, crazy, silly and pretty at the same time. One of my all time favourites. How good is this??

Doll Doll Doll is a close second. Even though it disgusts me...I'm not so much a fan of of his amen rinsing material, although it's fun if you're in the mood.

Eps - Horse and Goat and Salt

I have to say I think Cubist Reggae is pretty good though.

lol while this topic is active I already thought Last Step tracks Portoghese = Lisbon Acid, Seafoam Green = obviously Crying in Your Face, 61 Disco = Fenix Funk 5, and possibly Sonic Blue = Scirem, but now I also think Shoreline Gold = AFX Acid 4

Can't remember if I already drunkenly posted in this thread ages ago, but...

Meathole

Winnipeg

Chocolate Wheelchair

printf

All awesome shit right there.

Winnipeg is so outrageously angry that it's kinda awesome.

Exactly what attracted me in the first place.

The Chocolate Wheelchair Album is the epitome and precise synopsis is what a Venetian Snares record should be, an amalgamation of all his second-era style. This style would not be found much after this album as he entered his period of digital-beats and classical influence.

:wacko::closedeyes::unsure:

Edited by Philip Glass

The Chocolate Wheelchair Album is the epitome and precise synopsis is what a Venetian Snares record should be, an amalgamation of all his second-era style. This style would not be found much after this album as he entered his period of digital-beats and classical influence.

epidermis ftw

epidermis ftw

its all about Handthrow, I have experienced that track in his live shows twice now and its reduced me to a dribbling mess in the mosh pits both times. :sup: :music: