IGNORED

bored of autechre?

YEK

i kinda am. i like their new stuff, past few albums to an extent. i just don't like them like i liked the old them. i like ciclisuite, envane,,,, , incunabula, anvil vapre, gantz graf. fuck eh, they gotta stop make music that sounds like robots farting.

that is all

hate away

It does seem that they're just trying to one-up themselves with each release, to see how far they can take their sound. Admirable, but in some cases, it has a counterproductive effect. As much as I like Untilted, I can only enjoy about half of it (OH MY GOD FERMIUM). But ah well, I thought Quaristice was average, but a step in the right direction. It'll be interesting to see where they go from there.

I think what Quaristice did was provide variation on their albums, which is exactly what they need... better pacing and better variation. Quaristice is good overall, but its definitely doesn't feature their best work. I have high expectations for their new album, hopefully this year.

Guest Calx Sherbet

I think what Quaristice did was provide variation on their albums, which is exactly what they need... better pacing and better variation. Quaristice is good overall, but its definitely doesn't feature their best work. I have high expectations for their new album, hopefully this year.

i don't think quaristice was trying to 1-up anything

i don't think quaristice was trying to 1-up anything

yeah, I agree... I think the previous albums were trying to just push themselves... and now they have kind of reached a satisfying point... so now its time for them to take everything they have learned and produce something godly.

AE is the only one out of my whole collection that I struggle to get bored with. I never go longer than a week without listening to some AE, but that's rare. Usually I listen to something AE daily.

Their music just does it for me.

Guest Somethin

Actually, you could say it's too emotionally inaccessible to most people. "too futuristic" sounds like a shitty copout

Guest theSun

i like that they push themselves with each release. sometimes it's not the nicest stuff to listen to, but there's a reason these guys make a living off the recorded sounds of cans rattling together. listening to their stuff from any era is like "whoa that's about 5 years ahead of its time" but with quaristice they're moving in a new direction.

whether that direction is as brilliant as every single release since '91 or it sucks, i think it'll at least be fun.

Guest Balance

I find Autechre far more relistenable than most other stuff, I'll never tire of Untilted or Amber.

I don't care which direction they take next, all beats and no melody, no beats and all melody, no beats or melody it's all the same to me.

Like most Ae fans, the stuff I'll listen to by them changes depending on what mood I'm in. But I agree that sometimes they try too hard to be "difficult". It always seemed to me that if you want to express something with a lot of depth, you'll find the clearest way to say it. Otherwise, you're just wanking off. Either way, the sound design is always fucking incredible.

they are one group i definitely dont get bored of but i certainly have phases where im super obsessed with them and listen almost exclusively to ae only. then it subsides only to come back a few months later. i think i listen to untilted the most because its super interesting but there are pockets of straight groove in tracks thats sort of a nice break.

Guest reyde_espana

i think the autechres are really pushing it to the future... their stuff has gotten more and more challenging... good or bad at least they make me go..

"what the fuck is this then????!!!"

their sound modelling has gotten even more awesome too.

Guest theSun

It always seemed to me that if you want to express something with a lot of depth, you'll find the clearest way to say it. Otherwise, you're just wanking off.

their wanks are undoubtedly still glorious masterpieces.

and sometimes they're fermium :tongue:

Archived