IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

I attribute LP5 and EP7 for getting me into Autechre at all, so this all makes me very happy. "ilanders" sounds wonderful!

Edited by Xyrofen

Thank you coax & panz0r for recording! I muted it to take a call and afterwards saw I missed the whole thing...

loving both tracks... more excited than ever for Oversteps now!

I have no idea how good this will be - both tracks are nice but seem very immediate without that "this'll take some getting used to" feeling - but I'm very glad they decided to try something different. I was not a Quaristice fan.

coax also recorded the second track "ilanders"

http://www.coaxmusic.com/media/ae-ilanders_radiorip.mp3

Yeah I just played this from the other thread, and it sounds much different...much more Ae.

I just took a quick listen to each, skimming, I think that's all I'll allow myself until official release. :closedeyes:

Thank you for the recordings. I should probably try to stop myself from listening to them over and over again until I get the album.

EDIT: See on see reminds me A LOT of hydrosphere by plaid.

Edited by Root5

These actually sound like songs and not like one-off experiments like the last album. This makes me happy so far. It also makes me SUPER curious about their live set and what it is going to sound like.

These actually sound like songs and not like one-off experiments like the last album. This makes me happy so far. It also makes me SUPER curious about their live set and what it is going to sound like.

This also makes me think that the 30min mark melody from the Untilted tour may actually make its way to a proper track on this album. If thats the case, this will be AWESOME.

I think it was another thread I said it in, but I'd expect they'd need at least some percussion to keep their live sets entertaining their audiences, unless they want everyone to just sit there and be pensive with ambient stuff or appreciate it. I agree though, listening to the live stuff paired with this album will be VERY interesting unless some of the tracks have a lot of interesting sort of beats.

Hokay.

http://www.antilicense.com/ilovetheriaa/oversteps_preview-see_on_see.mp3

http://www.antilicense.com/ilovetheriaa/oversteps_preview-ilanders.mp3

I did not edit out the dude's voice because I want to be able to hear all the details. I can listen "around" him.