IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

i still think there are odd things about this leak but at the same time it sounds too AE Like to be fake imo.

why is it in m4a format as one long track? who the fuck rips cds that way?

someone who has a promo and rips it quickly with itunes to get it out as fast as possible?

and thus autechre was "gotten" by girlfriends around the globe.

i can't believe they did it. and so well. i love how you could consider it "retro" on one hand, but... at the same time it's so totally not. under the sugar there's still alot of tension, their harmonic sensibilities surely evolved. soundboard etc...

i dunno. maybe man who has got promo cd ripped just two tracks for the show in before (it was planned to broadcast 2 weeks ago). Someone stealed these two tracks and made album in similar vein. I don't believe it's real ae - it's full of the same sounding "chinese" melodies and don't impress at all as real 'see on see' does. Not "beatless", not "Max/MSP madness", doesn't fits cover lol.

Edited by Aefx

In the preview/review by the big shot magazine reviewer there is some talk about four leaks that surfaced... I thought the general consensus is there has only been found two leaks as of now? Being the Altered:Carbon leak and the one right after that. Nothing else leaked, imho. So where did they find four leaks?

Could it be that AE has leaked this supposedly real album but instead provided only two real tracks (ilanders and see on see) and filled the rest with leftofters fron their very own productions?

It's not impossible I'd say.

Whenever bleep puts out samples I'll be convinced of the whole and till then I'll enjoy this new out-of-the-blue leak. Which is another thing that puzzles me.. how come it all of a sudden leaked?! It seems too much of a coincedence...

PS: Altered:Carbon's self titled album is properly released now: http://section27netlabel.blogspot.com/2010/02/s27-035-alteredcarbon-alteredcarbon.html

They prolly included my two single track fakes..

As for this album, it can't be fake it fades perfectly into the other tracks.

check out the qplay > see on see transition, the pad fades into there. so unless those german guys played a prank on us...

it is very different since its almost pure synth melodics, but i still think it sounds like them. its a very strange transformation sure.

altbzzz: the album.

If this is Ae, I don't see why they couldn't release an album like this every year. It doesn't seem like it took a lot of effort.

edit: though i should probably listen to it on something other than my laptop speakers, lol

Edited by lumpenprol

Guest boredroom

peeps had enough time from announced radio show till the broadcast to prepair all fake tracks based on the reviewers track length times. all they then had to do was remove the radio broadcasted tracks from their previous fake ones and paste them in.... this would tie up with what your man said about the theory that see on see fades in on the new leak instead of the original broadcast which starts immediatly... yes? no? I aint heard the new leak... brain hurts

Brendan - thanks for reading the blog, though admittedly I'm a bit hesitant to post more of my reactions, since I'm wrestling with exactly how to put it myself. It's not that beats aren't there, more than they're a lot less up-front, and melody takes greater precedence than I personally might have expected for an Ae album. Perhaps one of the best ways of explaining some of the sounds is to say that Sean did talk about some of his favorite synths of the moment being intricate FM monsters - FS1R, FM8. I think that's where I was hearing the Plaid comparison.

As for the next issue of Big Shot, it should be out some time in March, probably a couple weeks before the album drops.

http://clonesound.blogspot.com/2010/01/initial-reflections-autechre-oversteps.html?showComment=1265506890644#c3999917061527261867

Also if this latest leak is real then I reckon bleep will put up the legit downloads asap to counter.

when you seperate the tracks the lengths are NEARLY identical to the last.fm times -some seconds (the transitions?), with the exception of os veix and O=0 which seem to fit perfectly.

also ilanders is played twice.