IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

dude when has ae laid off the reverb?

there's reverb and then there's REVERB - enormous cathedral reverb that goes on for days.

Oversteps(leak) has REVERB and way too much of it in my opinion.

it was enough that it kept bothering me the entire album. just a personal preference, i suppose.

but for an album that's all about the synths & the textures, i felt a lot of that was getting buried in the mix.

are any AE beat/percussion lovers finding this album a little bit lacking? even the beats on here leave a lot to be desired. melody centric people are going to love this, but i think the more textural/percussion people might not find it so satisfying

I say this as a breakcore kid: I love it when Autechre lays of the beats just as much as when they make something as fucked up as the entire album that is Draft 7.30 or Confield.

I'm also a huge lover of reverb and stuff. Maybe this album was tailored for me or something because I love every second of it.

Edited by Xyrofen

has a better leak with proper track separations some out yet?

if this is indeed real and/or complete Bleep seems to have lost an opportunity to get a lot of revenue of digital sales from rabid fans right now

Ahhhhh. The only reason I want the vinyl, other than it's A VINYL, is for that awesome poster because I have no music posters!

But then I have nothing to play a vinyl on. I should just get the CD, but if I order the vinyl I can just burn it to CD and have vinyls, and .WAVs and a kickass poster and be short $70+!

But then I have nothing to play a vinyl on.

please go get a record player asap, if you consider yourself a music aficionado and you dont own one seriously wtf is wrong with you? :beer:

Edited by Awepittance

not saying this could or couldn't be made on reason, but anyone who says this has a "reason" sound to it needs to stfu. Reason doesn't have a "sound" unless you're talking about the factory presets, which I don't hear at all, and i know that program not as well as glotch, but i know it pretty goddamn well. as far as the music, i don't know what to think yet. as far as its legitimacy, i don't really care, but it does SOUND like AE melodies. The percussion does lack tho imo, and while the synth tones are lush, they lack depth. I would love to hear a better qual version if this turns out to be fake because on the whole, i like it better than Quarfuck (seriously i don't like that lp and i bought the cunt).

But then I have nothing to play a vinyl on.

please go get a record player asap, if you consider yourself a music aficionado and you dont own one seriously wtf is wrong with you? :beer:

Probably because I'm 17 and still in high school without a job. My dad has a really nice one from the 80's (I think), it just happens to be in storage in the back of the storage unit.

Trust me, I've asked for one for the last two years for birthdays/Christmas/no reason, and my dad always says "I have one damn it" and I'm way too cheap to go buy one if we have one somewhere. haha

I listened to it once, now again, and my thoughts were like: "Plaid go Ae" "Ae go Plaid"? Maybe Both? I'm not disappointed, because I like it more than Quaristice, but that is not a problem, because I dislike Quaristice. What I see is this album has lower complexity than Confield. not often many layers of music at the same time.

The perfect Ae album for me would bring me the weirdness of Confield and melodies of Chiastic Slide era...,,,

Anyway, I don't think it's a fake.

I'm listening to the m4a file with fb2k. It has no aac chapters. Maybe someone made an embeddable cuesheet? TIA.

Edited by Guest

yes either in this one or the one that was locked by Chaosmachine

wait were you talking to me or lump? and I didn't realize I said much in earlier oversteps threads haha

(I've still yet to hear it but) based on all the negative comments and the surprise at how different it is from everyone's expectations or desires, it probably is totally legit.

I would be shocked if this masterpiece was fake. Download and enjoy it , I can't wait to listen to this in better quality

I'm now at the second listen @ 50 minutes, before I have to leave for work,,, and I must say too much ambience which bores me. Opinion may change. I had to leave my impression to keep the thread alive :trashbear:

Ilanders remix at 55:10.

Edited by Guest

i could have done with more ambience actually, for me the purely melodic tracks with no beats don't even really hold up as 'ambient' tracks because they are too busy, which is why i keep thinking of Plaid's more beatless stuff like the OST to the anime they did.

i prefer practically every ambient track on Quaristice more than the purely melodic sections of Oversteps

and in the end it might grow on me, but jesus christ if im not hungry for some autechre beats soon. *crosses fingers for ep*

Edited by Awepittance