IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Lithgow is either sean booth himself and knows this is a fake (because he didnt make it) or he's experiencing heavy denial that AE has turned back the clock and made their most unfuturistic straight forward easy listening album ever.

so the next logical step in this drama would be that you upload your version of ilanders, thehauntingsoul. :cisfor:

Edited by Guest

Jaffa, i like your new electronic stuff 10x better than Oversteps and it also sounds a lot more futuristic and interesting.

for those a little underwhelmed by Oversteps go check out Jaffa's P168 ep and any other new stuff

love,

robbie

Edited by Awepittance

Holy fuck, go away for one weekend and this shit happens. I barely got any work done today catching up on all of these threads and trying not to poop myself thinking about the album. Is it sad that I canceled plans with my girlfriend tonight to listen to this? lol :emotawesomepm9:

Almost through the album now and I really wouldn't be surprised if this is the real deal, I fuckin' hope it is anyways. I've been very into wonky hip hop and proggy synth stuff from the 70s lately so this is right up my alley! Only track I was a little sketchy on is known(1), it kinda caught me off guard. This reminds me of a cross between LP5 and EP7 with weird tricks they've picked up along the way. Def some vibes that remind me of tracks like Vose In and Maphive, both of which I adore

I was really hoping for a 180 from Untilted and Quaristice and I'm really happy with this. Yes it is kinda cheesy and Plaid-ish at time been done with enough weirdness that I'm really digging it. It sounds like their soundtrack to a 70s dystopia movie like Logan's Run or something, I love the atmosphere. If this is legit it's already my favorite since Confield. If not I really want to know who did this.

Ok, enjoying what I think is d-sho qub now, gonna get back to it. I'm gonna get high later and listen again on better headphones so I'll be back!

lol that would be awesome if Sean booth had a schizophrenic episode and put out a really cheesy plaid ripoff and his other personality was completely unaware of it

lol!

The first rule of Oversteps is you do not talk about Oversteps.

The second rule of Oversteps is you DO NOT talk about Oversteps.

i love prog and electronic stuff from the 70s as well, in fact thats mainly what ive been listening to for the past few months so i should be super primed and ready for an AE spin on this, but shit i was not. I don't want my autechre to sound like something from the 70s, i want my autechre to sound like something from 2143 I guess im still an idealist and i want them to continue pushing boundaries constantly

Jerry Goldsmith's score for Logan's Run for the time it came out sounded extremely weird & futuristic. I could only wish that Oversteps sounded as unique as Logan's Run did right now at this point in time, but it simply doesn't.

if Rob Brown really does work on a lot of the beats in Ae i wonder if Sean killed him? we havent heard from him in a while, jsut sean

Edited by Awepittance

so just to recap, im the only diehard AE fan in here who thinks is this is potentially their worst full length album?

I'm pretty die hard. However I'll chime in when the album is out.

:wtf:

I really feel the need to lock myself away with the best speakers I can get

but I would need the wave release first to make sure I am not missing a bit...

I kind of have the need to tell everybody but my friends here are all asleep lol

not a fan of Yuop awe?

let's take the album, re-encode it to a 48kbps mp3, slow it down by 20%, then create an algorithm that chops up the tracks by RNG in a different order. then we distort the bass on all odd numbered tracks, record it onto a cassette tape, and call it The Quaristice Headphase 2