IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

it would be truly amazing. :shuriken: ninja style releasing a mysterious fake which fits descriptions by a bunch of people who've heard it. a fake release full of of terrible pisstakes, and us creaming about it, this would be too good to be true - in fact so good it doesn't even happen in the movies and only the mind of a totally obsessed fanboi is able to come up with the idea. :facepalm:

if this m4a isn't Ae, someone out there sounds enough like Autechre that I would love to hear a lot more of their stuff.

true, I would like a link that proves those track lengths is what this magazine editor scrobbled

Not sure what you mean by that, but here's his lastfm page

http://www.lastfm.de/user/DavBrav/tracks?page=3

So everyone agrees now? I'd have mentioned the difference in track lengths before if I'd have known it'd have prevented mass ejaculation.

Yeah, come march 23 they announce the subsequent release of Oversteps, and the album we just heard was Understeps.

no but for real even if they did this on purpose, I still think it's a wonderful album. So good I'll probably put it under Ae in my iTunes as Oversteps Fake, even if it's not made by ae. It's that good.

Yeah, come march 23 they announce the subsequent release of Oversteps, and the album we just heard was Understeps.

no but for real even if they did this on purpose, I still think it's a wonderful album. So good I'll probably put it under Ae in my iTunes as Oversteps Fake, even if it's not made by ae. It's that good.

it is quite enjoyable.

Edited by troon

guys, I don't think HIS st epreo is 1:43 length. If you look at his listening history and click st epreo is takes you to the common page for that song which for some reason is that length. I found a patch of his history where he listened to much of the album and st epreo is logged at 14:05, redfall is logged at 14:09... 4 mins later, which is what my st epreo is!

here's the page I'm talking about: http://www.lastfm.de/user/DavBrav/tracks?page=5

there is also another occurrence of st epreo followed by redfall here (also 4 mins): http://www.lastfm.de/user/DavBrav/tracks?page=10

mystery solved??? I think so...

Edited by crono3

all of this is so insane...the album doesn't come out for over a month :sad:

tumblr_kxjjgtlvjU1qzx8t2o1_500.png

i guess i'm glad it got me be back into an artist again....haven't been refreshing pages like this for ages

Edited by alpaca

With the "split up" multitrack version, we have the following:

- discrepancies in track times (likely due to the subjective cuts made as to where one track should end and the other should begin) when compared to the last.fm scrobble investigative work.

- the same awkward cross fades in some areas

- the same doubling of ilanders

- the same abrupt cut off at the end of Yuop

- perhaps not a technical, but a perceptual, improvement in sound quality

- st epreo still sounds like it clips when it goes nuts. As does krYlon around the 3:30 mark.

--------->

In conclusion, the m4a was taken from this or the m4a was arbitrarily split up and piped through some editing software to clean it up.

guys, I don't think HIS st epreo is 1:43 length. If you look at his listening history and click st epreo is takes you to the common page for

that song which for some reason is

that length. I found a patch of his

history where he listened to much of

the album and st epreo is logged at

14:05, redfall is logged at 14:09... 4

mins later, which is what my st epres

here's the page I'm talking about: http://www.lastfm.de/user/DavBrav/tracks?page=5

there is also another occurrence of st epreo followed by redfall here (also 4 mins):

http://www.lastfm.de/user/DavBrav/tracks?page=10

What about the three other fairly large length difference? Do those also have a similar glitch?

guys, I don't think HIS st epreo is 1:43 length. If you look at his listening history and click st epreo is takes you to the common page for

that song which for some reason is

that length. I found a patch of his

history where he listened to much of

the album and st epreo is logged at

14:05, redfall is logged at 14:09... 4

mins later, which is what my st epres

there is also another occurrence of st epreo followed by redfall here (also 4 mins):

http://www.lastfm.de/user/DavBrav/tracks?page=10

What about the three other fairly large length difference? Do those also have a similar glitch?

Maybe its not twice and is supposed to repeat. i find the repeating quite effective actually. Where'd you find this?

I doubt it's supposed to repeat. Can you imagine it doing that on the Vinyl release?

Regarding people asking if parts of the Quaristice tour appear in this... I cant say they do explicitly, but they kind of do in spirit... namely the (for lack of better words) jamaican parts of the live set... steel drums and shit. I'm totally hearing that same vibe in the beginning of pt2ph8 and parts of d-sho qub.

Maybe its not twice and is supposed to repeat. i find the repeating quite effective actually. Where'd you find this?

I doubt it's supposed to repeat. Can you imagine it doing that on the Vinyl release?

Yeah, good call.

Regarding people asking if parts of the Quaristice tour appear in this... I cant say they do explicitly, but they kind of do in spirit... namely the (for lack of better words) jamaican parts of the live set... steel drums and shit. I'm totally hearing that same vibe in the beginning of pt2ph8 and parts of d-sho qub.

yeah this is why i think it is real, lots of sounds that sound similar or logical progressions

Apparently those lastfm pages could be glitches and could be incorrect. What would be correct is the space in time between each scrobble, it could be that ilanders is 10 mins

yeah, but where in the scrobble does it show 10 between ilanders and another track, I see 5 minutes.

haters gonna hate, but i love known(1). it's a definite highlight for me.

been listening to the album all through today and last night, and i can see it becoming one of my favorite efforts by them. for the longest time i've wanted a less beat driven ae album, so :sorcerer:

Apparently those lastfm pages could be glitches and could be incorrect. What would be correct is the space in time between each scrobble, it could be that ilanders is 10 mins

yeah, but where in the scrobble does it show 10 between ilanders and another track, I see 5 minutes.

Some guy just said this past page, I can't check on phone