IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

ah, so that youtube video isnt offically from warp? its fake then. autechre wouldn't make those noises. :trashbear:

seriously though, i am super excited by those samples. sounds exciting and fresh.

Guest Astroturf

I listened to a few seconds of a few songs. It's spurring me to preorder.

To me it sounds like:

Someone developed one of those programs that adjusts music to become closer to the "ideal" track based on a set of parameters.

And then they went and pushed Quaristice through the aformentioned program and on the second or third pass Oversteps popped out.

Edited by Astroturf

This is exactly the placebo audiophile bullshit you need to shut up about.

Thou who cannot hold a conversation without flaming, where's my scientific claim? I've gone through the hydrogenaudio tests ages ago and they prove nothing at all. Using a soundblaster? Give me a break. I've been working in 24/96 for years and the difference time and time again is night and day. As soon as you sample down the crispness of the transients are lost to my ears, especially in glitch music. Anyway, a nice weekend to you too.

There's a bit in O=0 that reminds me of a cheesy bit in a cheesy Emerson Lake & Palmer song (I think). I can't put my finger on it, but I love it.

Edit: I think it's Karn Evil 9 2nd Impression, lol.

Edited by baph

There's a bit in O=0 that reminds me of a cheesy bit in a cheesy Emerson Lake & Palmer song (I think). I can't put my finger on it, but I love it.

Edit: I think it's Karn Evil 9 2nd Impression, lol.

funny, that track totally grew on me, for similar reasons. nostalgia won over!

I listened to a few seconds of a few songs. It's spurring me to preorder.

To me it sounds like:

Someone developed one of those programs that adjusts music to become closer to the "ideal" track based on a set of parameters.

Autechtune?

So my Bleep downloads page has stopped displaying an error message (from support: "This release is not available for download yet so it will bring up an error message if you try to do so before we release it."), although there's nothing to download as yet.

Here in Australia it's 2 hours until 210210.

So my Bleep downloads page has stopped displaying an error message (from support: "This release is not available for download yet so it will bring up an error message if you try to do so before we release it."), although there's nothing to download as yet.

Here in Australia it's 2 hours until 210210.

oh shiiit

Remember warp is an english label, 21/02/2010 isn't until 8 hours over there.

I don't even know what's the source for that 21/02/2010 thing anyways, but it's still an entertaining little thing to wait for today.

I'll check later.

Yeah, what the hell are we getting all in a tizzy about here with this 21/02/2010 bullshit?

I think but I can't be bothered to track it back, that someone in this thread actually said " 21.02.2010, don't ask me how I know this, I just know it" or something like that.

It's actually pretty easy to spread rumors nowadays, good damned easy : )

and no, I don't have any evidence to back that up.

My money is still on a 210210 release - Sunday week.

Still gonna check Bleep at 12 though. :facepalm:

Guest silverside

14 tracks. Interesting. If it's about 70 minutes long overall, each track's going to be roughly 5 minutes long each. So not standard Autechre, but a little bit less all-over-the-place than Quaristice.

and no, I don't have any evidence to back that up.

My money is still on a 210210 release - Sunday week.

Still gonna check Bleep at 12 though. :facepalm:

It didn't originate with me though - it was wayyyy back in the early part of the thread when someone else mentioned it as a possibility, that I thought was convincing. Either that or I misread someone's post and ran with the ball.