IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Actually, I know what you mean about the name. And I miss the days when Autechre used cool sounding made up words for song titles. I know this kind of music isn't 'about' anything and so the titles aren't that important, but if you are going to title songs using nonexistent words or phrases, you may as well make them sound good (or look good). 'Confield' was the last album with a great sounding title, and the track titles on that album were pretty awesome.

Edited by Lianne

Guest ataraxy2

Actually, I know what you mean about the name. And I miss the days when Autechre used cool sounding made up words for song titles. I know this kind of music isn't 'about' anything and so the titles aren't that important, but if you are going to title songs using nonexistent words or phrases, you may as well make them sound good (or look good). 'Confield' was the last album with a great sounding title, and the track titles on that album were pretty awesome.

Guest Calx Sherbet

i'd love having a high res pic of the confield cover, for a wallpaper

The artwork appearing on EP7+inserts is probably my all time favorite though. I seem to remember that they were produced in collaboration with a a draftsman who specialized in technical drawing.

Nope, it's generated by an algorithm. The guy who did it for them also implemented it in Java for the micro-site Warp did when it was released, it drew the patterns on-screen while you watched. Can't find it online any more, Warp must have retired it.

Wiki:

The sleeve is designed by Sheffield based design agency The Designers Republic. The cover photograph depicts mountain formations from Cappadocia in Turkey.

can't believe that's a photo :wtf:

Really? I never saw it as anything other than a photo.

I don't give a damn about the song names, new or old. I just want to hear the music. I do care more about album titles, and I don't have a problem with Oversteps.

Guest Spittal

I don't give a damn about the song names, new or old. I just want to hear the music. I do care more about album titles, and I don't have a problem with Oversteps.

Reminds me of "Giant Steps" by John Coltrane

Edited by Spittal

l_3a487a6c66e846d1b2d3848c9bb7ad5a.jpg

The artwork appearing on EP7+inserts is probably my all time favorite though. I seem to remember that they were produced in collaboration with a a draftsman who specialized in technical drawing.

Nope, it's generated by an algorithm. The guy who did it for them also implemented it in Java for the micro-site Warp did when it was released, it drew the patterns on-screen while you watched. Can't find it online any more, Warp must have retired it.

according to some interview sean draw it in macromedia freehand :smile:

Guest NathanCaldecott

Hello, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but I've estimated from the total file size (720mb) that the album will be around 71 minutes. This averages each song at 5 minutes 6 seconds.

l_3a487a6c66e846d1b2d3848c9bb7ad5a.jpg

ah sorry you said confield:

confield_frontvmai.jpg

That photograph used on Amber is stunning. Always wanted to go see that part of the country.

reg. EP7... Maybe we will never know.

When I get Confield I'll take some macros of the photos like I did for Draft. I suppose I'll follow up by posting my current desktop background for those interested

2780px × 2346px, it looks fine on stretch

post-5056-12637146531_thumb.jpg

edit: I think I'll do one for amber soon seeing as it could be cropped into widescreen without stretching

Edited by thehauntingsoul

Guest ataraxy2

When I get Confield I'll take some macros of the photos like I did for Draft. I suppose I'll follow up by posting my current desktop background for those interested

2780px × 2346px, it looks fine on stretch

post-5056-12637146531_thumb.jpg

edit: I think I'll do one for amber soon seeing as it could be cropped into widescreen without stretching

I've done an Amber wallpaper before for myself and a mate, but the resolution was no where near that of yours. That and I also did an effect on Photoshop so it'd be more presentable (it's been modified a little in other words). [1600x1050] I've still got an old shitty monitor so it works fine for me on center.

This is probably old news but the mountains are fromCappadocia.

post-4832-126371600952_thumb.jpg

Edited by ataraxy2