IGNORED

Known (1)

Guest the anonymous forumite

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest texan whip

i remember mostly everyone hating on it when oversteps first leaked. it does seem to stick out amongst the other titles on that album. it's probably one of the most unique tracks in their whole release history.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Xenblake

i remember mostly everyone hating on it when oversteps first leaked. it does seem to stick out amongst the other titles on that album. it's probably one of the most unique tracks in their whole release history.

True. I was prone to skip past it back then. But it just keeps getting better. Now I want to marry it and have crystal&bell embedded kids with it.

• 1 year later...
Guest Remoteviewing

Known(1) has some sounds that hark back to the late 70's and early 80's experimental avant garde music scene. I like it very dark and emotive track!!!

I am so embarrassed by my long, ill-informed, dreadful, pompous posts about this track. I now really like it very much. Not because I 'forced' myself to, as some annoying reviews allege Autechre fans do to most of of their newer output. I was just in this phase of enjoying slightly 'off' or totally odd/uncanny sounding pieces of music that I wouldn't be open to before, and suddenly Known(1) also sounded amazing. Now I can't get enough of it. And even if not in the mood for it, it's great that such an unusual juxtaposition of simplicity and emotion and weirdness and dodgyness exists in one piece! I now love how everything is a pretty 'off' (yet bright and bold and 'on') at the same time - but not in that cliched 'wonky' way, nor in a cynical or self-aware way. Great, colourful, strange little track!

Guest the anonymous forumite

It had been literally years I hadn't listened to this track, probably since I started this thread. Funny how time can change Ae's material, I like it now, not my fave but definitely not one of Ae's worst track. I think it was because the simplicity of the opening riff and the chorus effect use, which is extremely odd for Ae.

Autechre's worst track ever is fol3 imo

Hello ThatSpanishGuy, you can return your AE membership card at the front door. Thanks for visiting!

yeah really. come on, man.

Archived