IGNORED

how would you get a girl into autechre

o00o

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this thread is jazz but for the sake of boredom I'll make a list that I would use:

Eggshell

Montreal

Nil

Further

Clipper

Eutow

Cichli

Krib

Rae

Corc

Maphive 6.1

Pir

VI Scose Poise?

Simmm

Most of Oversteps

Although I kinda just picked all of the really emotional melodic ones, but I know a few girls who like Ae and they don't tend to gravitate towards the more feminine sounding tracks. Ae is a mixed bag, and the thing that's really tough to pinpoint about them is that you can't make lists of tracks that are similar that you could say 'if you like x than you'll like y' because everyone will click the closest with totally different tracks than everyone else.

That being said, I'd still choose something out of the above list if I was trying to get Ae to click with a girl.

A few days after my ex of 1 and a half years broke up with me, we were hanging out doing the post-breakup talk and stuff, and she had always hated Autechre. I put Nil on and she said "This should be our song" and at the time I was all choked up about it. Now it just pisses me off that I think of her every time this track comes on.

One of my friends that is a girl came into my room while Laughing Quarter was on and claimed that "this was actually pretty good" Otherwise Thehauntingsouls playslist looks pretty useful.

I would add

Bike

Drane2

the songs are good so far but I will leave simmm and oversteps for later

Its funny when you listen exclusively to these songs they appear in a completely different light hehehe

Guest Calx Sherbet

A few days after my ex of 1 and a half years broke up with me, we were hanging out doing the post-breakup talk and stuff, and she had always hated Autechre. I put Nil on and she said "This should be our song" and at the time I was all choked up about it. Now it just pisses me off that I think of her every time this track comes on.

ouch! :sad:

Guest Greg Reason

how would you get a guy into lady gaga?

Expose them to photos of semi-naked men for a period of three months

my current wife is partially responsible for getting me so into Autechre. Before i started going out with her i wasn't too impressed by Confield, she kind of forced me to give it a harder listen. I was a little bit non plussed about their work after chiastic slide, but she got me back into them once i appreciated Confield

my current wife is partially responsible for getting me so into Autechre. Before i started going out with her i wasn't too impressed by Confield, she kind of forced me to give it a harder listen. I was a little bit non plussed about their work after chiastic slide, but she got me back into them once i appreciated Confield

Your 'current wife'? Do you go through a lot of wives then?

You do it with the WATMM subforum technique.

Plaid is always the best place to start,

Then work in a little Aphex Twin

Move to Boards of Canada to scratch the ambient itch that Aphex touches on occasionally

Once all the nostalgic melodies have crept in you chuck on some Autechre

This technique worked wonderfully with my ex. But then I dumped her :emotawesomepm9:

Archived