IGNORED

'how much longer willl aphex be a don?' or somthing

beerwolf

I was cycling home today from work listening to the newish version of analord 11. Although its rather peachy I still thought to myself somewhere, somehow, some magic is missing.

Although it seems almost hard to comprehend, as I cycled along I thought, what if Mr James is beginning to lose his magic touch? I started to think along the lines of what if Aphex Twin turns into something like the IDM version of Ozzy! You know, totaly lost the plot, rehashing the same formula and basking in past glories. Though kind of funny and laughing at an Ozzy/RdJames type charachter I also started to think. Nobody wants the fucking legend Aphex Twin to dwindle away and rehashing the same old moves.

Face it, not many artists really hold the candle burning for decade after decade. Sooner or later there will be a slump. Is that why the new Warp material has taken so long to appear? Is old Aphex just tinkering around with the same old ideas? I, along with most of you think he is constructing a musical atom bomb in his brain as we speak, but is it reality?

Man I don't know what the point of this thread is really. But just thinking how much longer will Aphex be The Don? Do you think he has many more releases in him? How many times can he reinvente the wheel? Because I am sure he is as conscious as we are of bowing out when the time is right.

Then again perhaps he will be the Ultimate Grandmaster. And be dropping bombs at 60. And I will drink to that. Because a world without new Aphex Twin records seems a strange world indeed.

Guest David R James

The title of this thread is gay, perhaps you should of called 'how much longer willl aphex be a don?' or somthing

I was cycling home today from work listening to the newish version of analord 11. Although its rather peachy I still thought to myself somewhere, somehow, some magic is missing.

Although it seems almost hard to comprehend, as I cycled along I thought, what if Mr James is beginning to lose his magic touch? I started to think along the lines of what if Aphex Twin turns into something like the IDM version of Ozzy! You know, totaly lost the plot, rehashing the same formula and basking in past glories. Though kind of funny and laughing at an Ozzy/RdJames type charachter I also started to think. Nobody wants the fucking legend Aphex Twin to dwindle away and rehashing the same old moves.

Face it, not many artists really hold the candle burning for decade after decade. Sooner or later there will be a slump. Is that why the new Warp material has taken so long to appear? Is old Aphex just tinkering around with the same old ideas? I, along with most of you think he is constructing a musical atom bomb in his brain as we speak, but is it reality?

Man I don't know what the point of this thread is really. But just thinking how much longer will Aphex be The Don? Do you think he has many more releases in him? How many times can he reinvente the wheel? Because I am sure he is as conscious as we are of bowing out when the time is right.

Then again perhaps he will be the Ultimate Grandmaster. And be dropping bombs at 60. And I will drink to that. Because a world without new Aphex Twin records seems a strange world indeed.

Question is why do you care?

Aphex looses it, big deal. Someone will make music that you can really get into and you'll forget about it. Quit being such a bitch.

Archived