IGNORED

Why is it that the majority of people who listen to Electronic music don't know about IDM?

Guest PWSTEAL

female message boarder+vamos scorcho online persona=bizarre "imagined" terror/pseudo-extreme mental discomfort

that ^ is an apology

sleep time then give up and check general banter again in 15 minues

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

no apologies necessary this thread was hotter than don cheadle on a bed of rice

lol at all the references to 4/4 music, as if 95% of IDM isn't in 4/4.

i think they mean 4 on the floor beat

I know exactly what they mean, it's just funny as hell that a bunch of musical elites can't differentiate between a 4 on the floor beat and the time signature 4/4.

Also your post above reminded me of this restaurant/bar I went to in Tokyo called erde, they had a giant geogaddi poster, probably 6 feet tall.

The restaurant was owned/managed by the bass player for the dub group called dry&heavy. Now that's some musical elitism. Japanese dub, bitches.

I know exactly what they mean, it's just funny as hell that a bunch of musical elites can't differentiate between a 4 on the floor beat and the time signature 4/4.

Also your post above reminded me of this restaurant/bar I went to in Tokyo called erde, they had a giant geogaddi poster, probably 6 feet tall.

The restaurant was owned/managed by the bass player for the dub group called dry&heavy. Now that's some musical elitism. Japanese dub, bitches.

:facepalm: at myself, i should've seen what you did thar

I lol'd at "music elites".

But then I :facepalm: at this thread having 11 pages.

At 15, I worried about this. In my 30's, I'd be more apt to describe the music I listen to with a single middle finger or my right index finger rhythmically jabbing the circular space made by the tips of my left index finger and thumb.

hahahaha

eclectic electronic music

Why is it that the majority of people who say they listen to jazz have never heard of Herbie Hancock or Coltrane? They keep passing me this instead.

51iBtuyc95L.jpg

His production is hella tight. Oh yeah.

Guest taxman

how about when someone asks you what music you like, tell them "oh i like pretty much everything... except (shitty genre of music)". then you have something to talk about. if you're lucky they wont like what you don't like either and then you have that in common. nothing brings people together like a shared hatred of anything. even if you're not that lucky, at least the conversation won't end with a lame explanation of what idm is.

But, you know what, I'd tear most of it down for your Hacienda and Untilteds alone--nevermind the Drukqs poster the size of an asian boy. I have the "Posterbill" sized Drukqs but yours is bigger than mine :dry:

i've got more too...and more on the way. here's stuff i have so far

24092009041.jpg

2009-08-23%2015.54.56.jpg

20100302_003.jpg

20100407_001.jpg

i've got some Portal and Team Fortress 2 Heavy posters on the way soon. and i'm quickly running out of wall space in my room :(

Guest Calx Sherbet

63351342139669493512.jpg

with being a huge IDM fan, comes great responsibility....and tons of frustration

idm came over me like the days i was listening to a select few gimmic/glam bands in the 80's when i was young. it became an obsession to hear as much of it as i could, all the time! i ate more mash potatos too once i heard aphex.

^this

Archived