IGNORED

Synthacon 9 vocal

ZoeB

Does anyone know what the vocal is in Synthacon 9 that starts 2:27 into the track? The best I can make out is the following:

love to the love to

and now i will explain what i need

and all i could tell you

is aphex twin and cold

but one day, unexpectedly

you glance a glance

you glimpse all razor sharpish

floating in the clouds

you begin to melt around his body

round

I'm sure most of this is wrong, but not which bits. Presumably it's a quote from a book or something, but I've had no luck working out the source so far.

Thanks,

Zoe.

Google is your friend.

luv-luv-luv-luv-to love to(?)

...it's hard, to speak about you.

that's all i can tell you

man, has lost control of his (?life)?

....you cunt!

you wanted me, respected me

beneath the cloud(?) glimpse, wears, shores (?????)

fly beneath the cloud, began ... to melt-it's my time

to start

melt.

that's all I have to contribute

melt !

love love loved you

before i lose faith in you

i don't know how to tell you

my mind is lost between the blind and cold

but one day

it\s meant to be

the blind and the cloud

the eclipse always shines

floating in the cloud

blablablabla

whatever

It definitely ends with "melt in anticipation" not "melt around his body"

This is how I hear it.

Also, the single repeated word sounds like "want."

Heat

He is say nothing yet he is saying everything. Its open to interpretation and can be heard saying different things from person to person. There is no right or wrong, its just what you here.

He is say nothing yet he is saying everything. Its open to interpretation and can be heard saying different things from person to person. There is no right or wrong, its just what you here.

No, I'm pretty sure he actually says something...specific....

Guest Masonic Boom

Ha, I never noticed that the vocals were actually saying anything before. I mean, I noticed there was a vocoder on the track, but never tried to work out what the lyric was. HOWEVER, I've listened to it about half a dozen times now and though I'm not closer to working out any more than the OP...

:crazy: ~~~~~~~INSANE MASONIC BOOM THEORY AHEAD ALERT~~~~~~~ :crazy:

I don't think it's him (Richard) singing. In fact, I don't even think it is a him at all.

Main reason I don't think it's Richard -> he has a very distinctive accent. Yeah, I know this is hair-splitting to people who are unable to tell any of the varieties of "British" accents apart. But Richard has an odd accent, which is kind of half West Country and half inner borough London innit. And the person singing has a very different accent - and also a quite different intonation pattern. Doesn't do the glottal stop on the T's the way Richard does, doesn't drop the end G's so abruptly, the consonants are all phrased differently in the "slowly the clouds began to melt around his body..." or whatever the phrase is - from the known examples of Richard's speech (in Milkman and Beetles). Richard repeatedly slurs his L's as a W sound. The singer doesn't - "melt" is clearly "melt" and not "mewlt" as it would be in Richard's accent.

In fact, the only other bit of speech it really sounds like is the woman saying "I can feel the baby moving" at the beginning of Death Fuck. I'm not gonna get out a spectrograph or anything, but the speech patterns on "body" and "baby" are close enough that I think it's the same person.

So here's my crazy theory - the whole Tuss thing was sold around the idea of it being "a married couple." This got thrown out when the evidence mounted that it was indeed Richard. Yet who's this not-Richard speaking-woman ---> Karen Tregsakin?

Anyway, I reckon it's Mrs. Twin. :cisfor:

:crazy: ~~~~~~~HERE ENDETH INSANE MASONIC BOOM THEORY~~~~~~~ :crazy:

So here's my crazy theory - the whole Tuss thing was sold around the idea of it being "a married couple." This got thrown out when the evidence mounted that it was indeed Richard. Yet who's this not-Richard speaking-woman ---> Karen Tregsakin?

Anyway, I reckon it's Mrs. Twin. :cisfor:

Well yeah, it's been pretty well proven that Richard D. James wrote this, whatever he wants to call himself this week. If I had to guess, I'd imagine the vocal might be some regular speech from an audiobook or film. I like the idea it might be his wife though.

I remember someone here managed to work out what the vocal was at the beginning of Milkman, hence getting an account here to ask about Synthacon 9. :) (Or, for that matter, any other tracks. There seem to be a few other vocals sprinkled throughout Rushup Edge.)

such beautiful vocals nonetheless, so much emotion in them!

lol you don't even know what he's exactly saying!

the music might be very emotional though...

...So here's my crazy theory - the whole Tuss thing was sold around the idea of it being "a married couple." This got thrown out when the evidence mounted that it was indeed Richard. Yet who's this not-Richard speaking-woman ---> Karen Tregsakin?...

i think so too

such beautiful vocals nonetheless, so much emotion in them!

lol you don't even know what he's exactly saying!

the music might be very emotional though...

the way it's mixed, produced, and layered into the song is very emotional, despite what she's saying.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

heat

Wow, I've never realised this song has lyrics. I've heard the sounds, and enjoyed the human feel it gives me, but by the time the singing has begun I'm always totally spaced out in the sounds and rhythms and don't really consciously notice anything :)

Guest Masonic Boom

Since reading this thread, I have become completely obsessed with all the little snips of vocals on this album. Didn't notice before quite how many of them there are.

Archived