IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

I liked Code Orange more when they were still Code Orange Kids.. lot more of the hardcore influence showing through but thier debut was really solid

LOÜM!!!

https://krallice.bandcamp.com/album/lo-m

a2146799252_10.jpg

a2146799252_10.jpg

even more gorguts style than ygg huur... no wonder, most writing credits go to marston this time. i gotta feeling the other one will be rather complimentary *cough*  :)

bud's playing with yellow eyes next week so i guess i'll check them out... but tbh what i heard on their bandcamp was remarkably unremarkable. (specially compared to them bosses ^)

Edited by jaderpansen

i'm so happy Krallice are releasing 2 records. the Bandcamp player works like shit on my phone so i'll have to wait til it's released on Spotify to hear this one though

@jader - yellow eyes are great dude i highly rec you give em a chance

also Kvelertak were INSANE last night. honestly one of the best bands i've seen. they played for an hour and a half and the set they curated was perfect

i'm suffering a serious bangover today and lost my earplugs in the pit but it was worth it

Edited by QQQ

^Sounds like a blast, Kvelertak is fun stuff...

Also 2nding Yellow Eyes as being great, I'm really digging the new album! 

Fuck yeah, new Krallice is always good news, that artwork is great, fits thier sound a lot i think. Bright and colorful, but still with ominous shadows.

Edited by ghOsty

ok so yellow guys somehow managed to appear even more dispensable live than on record. no stage presence what-so-ever (except the drummer, he seemed kinda into it). sorry.

apparently one of em is jingle composer for commercials, one would think they'd be able to churn out some memorable tunes according to that but...

Yeah the drummer has serious chops. Seen them a few times now, solid 3-piece. I reckon they're gonna be massive in a couple years.

Also, in keeping with the thread, I've been listening to the recent reissue of Uncle Acid's first self-released album. Some good tunes on there, but overall I definitely prefer their later stuff. Mind Control is still one of my favourite metal albums from the last decade.

Is this them? They sound really strange, I kinda like it.

https://puppyvybes.bandcamp.com/album/vol-ii

edit: man, I really need to see some live bands again. I saw Birdman or The Unexpected Virtue of a Tony Hawk Pro Skater Cover Band the other day at PAX and it made me want to just go to a shitty pub and watch some metal/duderock/punk bands. I've been spending too much time in the electronic scenes!

Edited by modey

yeah, that's the band. they have a big 90s alt rock/grunge inspired sound but also have some sabbathy riffs and occasionally pull out something thrashier. the vocalist sounds like Billy Corgan despite being from London.

on another note Converge's new album released today and it is fucking KILLER

fuuuck I need more Converge. I've only got Axe to Fall (bought it without listening, for the album art lol) but it's fkn great.

Axe To Fall is probably one of their best... listen to Jane Doe, because it's a fuckin' classic and No Heroes is another fav of thiers. I need to hear the new one.

I was listening to Psalm 69 today. what a far cry. the next Ministry album will be like everything else they've done in the last, er... 25? years. cack.

Yeah, Psalm 69 is probably the last truly great Ministry album. I didn't mind Filth Pig but I can never remember any of the songs from it.

I kinda wish he didn't stray from the synthy stuff tbh. With Sympathy / Twitch / Land of Rape and Honey are classics imo. Reading Jourgensen's autobiography though, he seems to fkn despise that era.

A good friend of mine who's entirely into everything and anything punk and sort of sneers at almost anything metal (apart from Reign In Blood) had his mind blown when I played him Psalm 69 ​one cocaine and beer fuelled evening. It became one of his favourite albums of all time. His reaction still makes me laugh but you had to kind of be there to appreciate the birth of his love for that album.

Edited by beerwolf

^ man reek and symphonies are a small miracle

hearing symphonies of sickness for the first time made me actually sick, i was shocked and disgusted how sloppy and filthy this was and djeezus those lyrics and that artwork... i was convinced i'd never get into this but now i LOVE those albums