I don't think I've ever been this excited for a new film.

The wait is torture.

I know, we're still months away. I've decided to make my own version by this Sunday.

I think we have an android on our hands. Old Fred is back like a motherfudger.

lol

lumpenprol, when you finished typing I'm not one to talk, you probably should have given it a moment of reflection and hit backspace a few times.

The FAS connection is what makes lumpy's post funny

Also I don't know why I still have this:

post-4335-0-59825900-1332380237.jpg

Edited by baph

Another trailer. Nothing new.

[youtubehd]5oCPGbPbzLQ[/youtubehd]

Worlds most generic

The longform trailer still has me extremely excited.

The cinemas won't get a fucking penny from me if they force people to watch this in 3D

http://youtu.be/Ua5smxPXy8E

Cool idea. But still doesn't magically cut the price of the ticket, which is a major gripe of mine.

The cinemas won't get a fucking penny from me if they force people to watch these talkies

While I understand your point of 'progress', 3D stuff gives me headaches.

sadly those with poor eyesight tend to suffer more from this i.e. if you have wear glasses for everyday use the perspective your brain is used too with be different from what the 3D cinema will force on you hence your eyes will strain more to compensate to how you normally see things.

You cant please all of the people all of the time and Im sure there will b plenty of 2D showings too especially as this will be 'the' film of the summer (shoot me Marvel)

Yep, being someone that has to wear glasses all the time, it really fucks with my eyes.

As for it being shown in 2D, I dunno man.... TRON Legacy wasn't shown in 2D at all around here...not even in Liverpool. Only 3D showings. and that was a pretty 'big' film. I can easily foresee the cinemas only having 3D showings so as to rape people's wallets.

ok i was talking to some dude last night who told me if you get two sets of 3d glasses and swap the lenses around you can achieve a 2d picture but with around 20% colour loss. Food for thought if they arent showing 2d versions but either way you get your wallet raped.

It costs cinemas no more money to show a 3D than a regular 2D film dont cha know!?

Edited by soundwave

The cinemas won't get a fucking penny from me if they force people to watch this in 3D

http://youtu.be/Ua5smxPXy8E

Cool idea. But still doesn't magically cut the price of the ticket, which is a major gripe of mine.

The cinemas won't get a fucking penny from me if they force people to watch these talkies

While I understand your point of 'progress', 3D stuff gives me headaches.

sadly those with poor eyesight tend to suffer more from this i.e. if you have wear glasses for everyday use the perspective your brain is used too with be different from what the 3D cinema will force on you hence your eyes will strain more to compensate to how you normally see things.

You cant please all of the people all of the time and Im sure there will b plenty of 2D showings too especially as this will be 'the' film of the summer (shoot me Marvel)

Yep, being someone that has to wear glasses all the time, it really fucks with my eyes.

As for it being shown in 2D, I dunno man.... TRON Legacy wasn't shown in 2D at all around here...not even in Liverpool. Only 3D showings. and that was a pretty 'big' film. I can easily foresee the cinemas only having 3D showings so as to rape people's wallets.

ok i was talking to some dude last night who told me if you get two sets of 3d glasses and swap the lenses around you can achieve a 2d picture but with around 20% colour loss. Food for thought if they arent showing 2d versions but either way you get your wallet raped.

It costs cinemas no more money to show a 3D than a regular 2D film dont cha know!?

I'm not paying 3D prices to watch the film in 2D with glasses on top of my current glasses (uncomfortable for one) to get a 20% loss of colour.

And yeah, I know it doesn't cost the cinemas any extra to show a 2D film, they just love to rape people's wallets

this movie looks like it'll be visually stunning but narrative-wise i don't have high hopes. it'll probably end up like the new indiana jones movie, imo

like I said before the new Star Trek wasn't too bad at all and I think we've only had half the story line in the trailer at best

I'm not really bothered by trailers that reveal plot points. Good movies are a package deal of acting/script/cinematography/etc for like two hours, & watching a trailer only gives you 1/60th of that experience.

I'm not really bothered by trailers that reveal plot points. Good movies are a package deal of acting/script/cinematography/etc for like two hours, & watching a trailer only gives you 1/60th of that experience.

True, it's not like the trailer stopped me from wanting to see it (just the opposite) but still, I like having LOTS of surprises when I see a film for the first time.

That said... even though the trailer feels like it shows 3/4 of the story, for all we know it could actually only be showing like... 1/4 of the story. I remember the Hugo trailer felt like it showed a large chunk of the films story, but that was totally not the case.