Watching Prometheus again. Remind me why this multiple-year-in-stasis team wasn't briefed BEFORE they left Earth??

They all wanted to see Guy Pearce's awesome makeup job.

Watching Prometheus again. Remind me why this multiple-year-in-stasis team wasn't briefed BEFORE they left Earth??

They all wanted to see Guy Pearce's awesome makeup job.

flol

"I can't tell you if this structure is natural or not, but I can tell you that it's hollow. And a sphere." Soooo... PROBABLY NOT NATURAL THEN RIGHT?!

Best exchange so far:

"This is a scientific expedition. No weapons."

"Alright then. Good luck with that."

yea.. was tempted to leave the theater after the first encounters with Bawniels.. but it picked up. Good trash

lol the facehugger to chestburster to full grown alien sequence takes about 10 minutes of in-movie time.

the away team is even more incompetent than the one in Prometheus.

There was a "wtf why would that..." moment in at least every scene in the second half of the movie.

Prometheus was actually better.

Ridley's completely lost it.

^yeh just this. Taking it seriously in any way is a mistake.. Prometheus wasn't even fun when hate watching, but Covenant is adorable and has a lot of lol moments

imo it's much better then prometheus, everything is better...screenplay, directing and visuals in general, acting, music, xenoneomorphs. 

i really didn/t like how it ended...

alien

10.001/10

aliens

9.999/10

alien 3

6.2034/10

alien 4

4.1111/10

prometheus

5.0907/10

convenant

7.4870/10

convenant

7.4870/10

I would watch an alien movie set in a Convent several times

An early draft of Alien 3 was going to be set in a separatist convent on some distant planet or moon or comet. It was all supposed to made of wood or something, I can't remember fully at the moment.

convenant

7.4870/10

I would watch an alien movie set in a Convent several times

An early draft of Alien 3 was going to be set in a separatist convent on some distant planet or moon or comet. It was all supposed to made of wood or something, I can't remember fully at the moment.

I feel like I remember reading that! Though I don't hate Alien 3 I am sad that it ended up being such a mess. And killing Michael Biehn. More Biehn never hurt anyone.

what a completely ridiculous set of films but weirdly i did not hate them as much as i thought. because they look good probably. (i watched them both for the first time tonight) 

i'm so completely baffled as to why james franco was in this movie and why his sleeping chamber spontaneously burst into flames for no reason.

i somewhat half believe there is a genuinely interesting idea in the species / robots relationships in these films. But of course this is developed and explored perfectly with the character chiasmus in the first film between human - robot - alien - cat.        so then why do it again and worse. oh well. 

and i fucking hate that woman's face. her nose, her shitty eyes and her too-short-chin.

props to journeyman actor billy crudup for getting to recreate one of the most iconic film sequences in history. he must have been excited.

Edited by dr lopez