Wyern

Stupid topic but some tunes work a lot better than other... :rolleyes:

I have had bits of:

Plaid - Tak 4

Aphex Twin - On

Aphex Twin - Pigeon Street

Sqaurepusher - Whooshki

Guest AcrossCanyons

At the moment I have Hudson Mowhawke's FUSE. Works great but now whenever I hear it I think of my phone going off. Would put the default back on if I remembered how...

Guest disparaissant

my phone is shitty and i can only get the premade ringtones

so my ringtone is "trans-europa express" by kraftwerk.

Stupid topic but some tunes work a lot better than other... :rolleyes:

I have had bits of:

Plaid - Tak 4

Aphex Twin - On

Aphex Twin - Pigeon Street

Sqaurepusher - Whooshki

**Whooshi. Theres no K.

You'd have to edit it though, to quiet at the start. But I usually end up loathing my ringtone because its someone ringing me and Im asleep. So I dont want to ruin Whooshi, unreal track.

Why would you use a song for a ringtone?? do you want people to know what music do you like??

Use the old school phone ring tone , like a normal human being.

Ouch

Why would you use a song for a ringtone?? do you want people to know what music do you like??

Use the old school phone ring tone , like a normal human being.

Ouch

are you implying that you're a normal human being? :cat:

In response to BD's dumbass question, I use a song as a ringtone because I like that song.

My ringtone was Dang Me by Roger Miller for a few years, then Crossroads Blues by Robert Johnson for a few more. It is currently a Megaman song.

In response to BD's dumbass question, I use a song as a ringtone because I like that song.

Precisely, plus most people wouldn't have a fucking what those tracks are anyway and even more wouldn't give a flying fuck or take any notice. Bog-standard ringtones are a hundred times more irritating as well.

But I usually end up loathing my ringtone because its someone ringing me and Im asleep.

There's a good point in this. I'm sort of conditioned to feel a pang of anxiety when I hear Gelk now, because back in 08-09 I was dealing with a major car insurance fiasco and potential lawsuit over an accident I didn't cause and a negligent repair job, which rendered me carless and arguing on the phone for the better part of a year. . . just as I had been laid off.

I still haven't changed the ringtone, and I'm a little weary of ruining another song. My phone was on vibrate for most of 2010.

My ringtone was Dang Me by Roger Miller for a few years, then Crossroads Blues by Robert Johnson for a few more. It is currently a Megaman song.

Yes , i love listening to my favourite tunes when they last just 20 seconds + mono shitty speakers + 61kbps mp3 compression.

(Let's be honest , you just do it for the attention. " LOOK AT ME .. I LIKE THIS SOOOONG".

Yes , i love listening to my favourite tunes when they last just 20 seconds + mono shitty speakers + 61kbps mp3 compression.

(Let's be honest , you just do it for the attention. " LOOK AT ME .. I LIKE THIS SOOOONG".

Yes, because every time my phone rings I'm in a crowded public area. :facepalm:

My phone is on vibrate when I'm out and about. Now I'll stop paying attention to your terrible trolling attempts, tyvm.

Guest AcrossCanyons

What's wrong with letting people know what you listen to? You wear shirts with band names or film references or a graphic you like, doesn't mean you're all "HEYY LOOK AT ME GUYSSES!!! I LIEK THIS PICTUR!!!!!!!!"

What's wrong with letting people know what you listen to? You wear shirts with band names or film references or a graphic you like, doesn't mean you're all "HEYY LOOK AT ME GUYSSES!!! I LIEK THIS PICTUR!!!!!!!!"

I don't wear t-shirts with band names. I use blank shirts (Hanes).

I just think it's a bit sad you think people give a shit what you listen to , and that you think people NEED to know what you listen to.

I don't wear t-shirts with band names. I use blank shirts (Hanes).

I just think it's a bit sad you think people give a shit what you listen to , and that you think people NEED to know what you listen to.

:facepalm: it has nothing to do with that.

When someone's phone rings with one of those generic ringtones, everyone in the room checks their fucking phone cuz they're all the same. If I have, say, Ventolin as my ringtone, I know the odds are slim that anyone else will have it. Therefore, if I don't hear Ventolin, I know it isn't my phone ringing.

:cisfor:

yeah, what's wrong with expressing what you like. you might actually meet a person who gives a shit and you'd get an icebreaker for a meaningful friendship or a relationship.

but that's not even the issue. most people don't have a clue anyway. i have a king tubby shirt with an UFO shooting lasers ...i wear it cos it's awesome to me. if i wanted people to like me more, i'd probably wear some 50cent or lady gaga shit and play it fake.

Guest Lube Saibot

I usually choose one ringtone and never change it until i change the actual phone. But when i do have to pick one i try to pick a song with a beggining that SOUNDS really ringtoney to me, does that make any sense?

For example on my previous phone i used Snares' "Mongoloid Alien", for my current one i use Oizo's "Stunt". Seriously, listen to those two songs' beginnings and tell those aren't perfect ringtones.

Guest Makinami

Yes it does. You're expecting the woman of your life (and if you have girlfriend, then someone beauty) to recognize that reference and proceed to kissing you (because you're awesome wearing that aphex logo shirt, the most interesting man in the world) then going to live great adventures together in exotic countries of Asia and remember the day you meet her "do you remember my shirt..."

I used to have "modern bass guitar" by squarepusher, "sherbrooke" by Biosphere for my then girlfriend now wife, and "flim" by aphex.

But now one of my great pastimes is creating my own ringtones and turning them into an .m4r so i can add them to my iphone. And they are musical, but in a length and structure suitable for a ringtone.

And now, for a limited time only, you can have my ringtones for your phone too. You know you want them. The last one is my own theme song for Q from SF3 Third Strike

dot dot critical ring v2.mp3

Rainbow Holo Drink Machine.mp3

Q walk.mp3

Chris Clark Night Knuckles

Its just perfect. Sounds like a ringtone and is one of my fav songs to boot.

Everytime I hear the song though I think of my phone.

Archived