IGNORED

Bitcoin

Guest Funktion

Guest disparaissant

i remember trying to do some thing where they would give you a bitcoin for reading some bullshit or whatever just to get people interested in it, and i never went through with it and WELP that thousand wing-wangs would be p nice right now

make me bitrich: 13BRTUE2e2Krun67K5otWfa8q3Db5jvPex

totally just gave you a bitcoin for no reason gordo, enjoy your worthless currency

not showing up, i think my non-connectivity might stop me from being a virtual millionaire. we need ipv6 asap. and by we i mean i.

yeah, mine was broken for awhile until i realised port 8333 was closed

https://blockchain.info/address/13BRTUE2e2Krun67K5otWfa8q3Db5jvPex

0.01 BTC was transferred in to the address on that date, but nothing else. Still, thats $10 or so.

Gordo: You would not have needed to be online to receive the money to that address - only the sender needs to be online. Its all to do with the public transaction blockchain etc. So if there were problems they must have been at Funktion's end. Or, he was bluffing and never sent it. Someone sent 0.01 in, for sure.

In short: with a normal wallet, to work out how much money you've got, you open it up and have a look.

with a bitcoin wallet, to work out how much money you've got, you look at the entire history of bitcoin transactions, count the totals coming into and out of your wallet's addresses, subtract one from the other and thats what you've got. Everything is public except the private keys that lets you send from your wallet's addresses.

If you still have the private keys to that wallet's addresses (in the .wallet file) then you still control the wallet.

Edited by zazen

totally just gave you a bitcoin for no reason gordo, enjoy your worthless currency

not showing up, i think my non-connectivity might stop me from being a virtual millionaire. we need ipv6 asap. and by we i mean i.

0.01 BTC was transferred in to the address on that date, but nothing else. Still, thats $10 or so.

Gordo: You would not have needed to be online to receive the money to that address - only the sender needs to be online. Its all to do with the public transaction blockchain etc. So if there were problems they must have been at Funktion's end. Or, he was bluffing and never sent it. Someone sent 0.01 in, for sure.

In short: with a normal wallet, to work out how much money you've got, you open it up and have a look.

with a bitcoin wallet, to work out how much money you've got, you look at the entire history of bitcoin transactions, count the totals coming into and out of your wallet's addresses, subtract one from the other and thats what you've got. Everything is public except the private keys that lets you send from your wallet's addresses.

If you still have the private keys to that wallet's addresses (in the .wallet file) then you still control the wallet.

Yeah... i probably lost the wallet forever. Is it a .wallet file? Last night I searched old hard drives for a wallet.dat file to no avail. Still have one more place to search it in though. Oh well... .01 BC not that exciting anyway, damn you funktion for getting me worked up!!!

Yeah... i probably lost the wallet forever. Is it a .wallet file? Last night I searched old hard drives for a wallet.dat file to no avail. Still have one more place to search it in though. Oh well... .01 BC not that exciting anyway, damn you funktion for getting me worked up!!!
ohh! I thinki found it!! Now... how do I go about importing a wallet or whatever?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

so apparently nobody wants to give away their bitcoing for a machinedrum.

isn't it supposed to be the other way around, that you can't actually buy anything with BTC?

Guest igloos unlmtd

This is insane. What is exactly driving the price up? Popularity after the SR bust?

I knew I should have bought some during the early crashes this year.

ohh! I thinki found it!! Now... how do I go about importing a wallet or whatever?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

There are different Bitcoin clients and I think they might use different .wallet formats. Or they might be compatible, not really sure.

The two main ones are Bitcoin-Qt and MultiBit so try them first.

http://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

Edited by zazen

thx for shoving that paywall bs into my face

Nobody shoved anything anywhere. It's not exactly a paywall, if you register for free you get a certain number of articles for free/month. And FP is usually pretty good.