IGNORED

RoboCop Remake

posture

I want Chris Cunningham to direct a RoboCop reboot and Autechre to score it. Then I will gladly die happy.

I'd rather see the long-fabled Neuromancer by Cunningham. Why haven't they yet made Gibson's Sprawl trilogy to movies?

Because it would be an expensive gamble and difficult to adapt well.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody see the Gibson episodes on The X-Files? Yeah, his stuff doesn't translate well to film. Well at least in the 90s.

Anybody see the Gibson episodes on The X-Files? Yeah, his stuff doesn't translate well to film. Well at least in the 90s.

Agreed. It would be really difficult to pull the almost pulp/noir attitude with the techy shorthand he uses without coming across really cringe-worthy. I think Pattern Recognition would be much more doable as a movie as the whole brand conscious/advertising thing would be more identifiable with a wider audience, along with the larger international intrigue aspects, and much less overhead as the environments wouldn't have to be a sort of dilapidated future aesthetic.

Guest analogue wings

I want Chris Cunningham to direct a RoboCop reboot and Autechre to score it. Then I will gladly die happy.

I'd rather see the long-fabled Neuromancer by Cunningham. Why haven't they yet made Gibson's Sprawl trilogy to movies?

because johnny mnemonic

Guest vodor

hey is The Overlook the same guy as that dude that had the Mathilda avatar? i don't remember his name. just curious.

sincerely,

vodor

• 2 years later...

Well that looks just like any other pile of bland action garbage. Great going Hollywood.

good to see the trailer will be shit. at this point, i don't even want any remake to be good.

btw: start getting ready to bitch at the likely "defenders" of this pile of crap.... now

Guest Shit Attack

heres what id like to do to that trailer with clarence boddicker representing shit attack , bobby as the remake trailer and officer Lewis as WATMM

Was anyone even asking for a remake? It looks OK, but I was never a big fan of RoboCop to begin with, except for ED-209. Loved his growls and lion roars. Thought that was pretty unique for a robot.

Guest the anonymous forumite

Was anyone even asking for a remake?

Nobody was asking for one, but since Jose Padilha (Elite Troop) was doin it, it could have been good.

Archived