IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

So hard to link pics taken with phone on tapatalk. Anyways.

11372009_566750416807056_112414019_n.jpg

yeah tapatalk isn't awesome for it. I personally do it the hard way - grab link from flickr / imgur (back when I was posting with that) and then do the old tag

i'm wth th nativ imericans on ths 1- no freezing dimensional reality etc

lol hi Richard.

osc, how are you liking the fujis?

If I ever get a decent income again, I'm thinking of going mirrorless. Really love those rotaries on the fujis, too.

Not that I don't still like my little EOS Rebel.

Edited by baph

osc, how are you liking the fujis?

If I ever get a decent income again, I'm thinking of going mirrorless. Really love those rotaries on the fujis, too.

Not that I don't still like my little EOS Rebel.

I've never shot with any other camera system, so I have no frame of reference to be honest.

However... I am very much a Fuji shooter now. The X100T was (and still is) an incredible camera, and I'd recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat.

I upgraded to this, because I wanted to move to something with interchangeable lenses, and this was just announced. Seemed like a good choice, and in my very limited time with it (the past few hours), it's awesome.

those are some good lookin' ducks. Lovely contrast between the ultrafine detail on lead duck's neck and the orbs in the background.

Lovely snow pic Osc

Awesome bendish, though I feel like turning that pic 90°

man I fucking love this camera

Of note - the black and whites I've been taking with the X-Pro2 are straight from camera, only editing I've done is crop to 16:9 ratio

24959847013_145c5f4666_b.jpg
Brutal Guy by oscillik, on Flickr

25218995469_da0715027f_b.jpg
Car Park Exhaust by oscillik, on Flickr

25596805965_f71931d845_b.jpg
Tree-web by oscillik, on Flickr

25503997481_695b4c5045_b.jpg
Night on Bold Street 1 by oscillik, on Flickr

noticing a trend with cryptwomen's and oscillik's avatars + posts

we have de infections

osc i'm digging that last one, "Night on Bold Street 1". feels like an album cover, almost.

GsaKIrz.jpg

RKce0uH.jpg

opiMspf.jpg

i've generally used a decent amount of contrast & lighting adjustment in photoshop. sometimes even some clone stamps, colour manipulation, etc etc. in many cases the raw digital photo felt like it failed to capture what my eye had, and a bit of attenuation was needed to bring it closer to how the original environment felt.

original environment --> digital capture --> conscious reinterpretation of captured environment --> viewer's interpretation of edited shot

I think there's plenty of talent in this thread, and it's still amazing to me that we all get something different out of our cameras.

does anyone else here have trouble explaining how and why they take photos? I've had some people ask me recently, and I'm like "uh, I just take pictures when I see something I like".

how do you all deal with that question?

25505242670_f1029d7601_b.jpg
Parking Spaces by oscillik, on Flickr

25708772252_3e031f1d3e_b.jpg
Blue Leather by oscillik, on Flickr

25734625491_1a37e8a7e6_b.jpg
Lynchian Steam by oscillik, on Flickr

how do you all deal with that question?

it's the same as getting asked why i do music or asked why i do anything. sometimes i try to come up with philosophical or pragmatic reasons - "it's a way to train myself to be more observant", "it gets me out of the house", "it lets people see what my daily life looks like" - but none of those feel nearly as honest as "i just feel compelled to keep doing it"

same with the how of anything. "i just kept doing it & over time a technique or style began to emerge". creative hobbies aren't a totally conscious process imo

digging the concentration of colour in that couch pic. and TRiP, i realllly like that first one of the beard dude you posted on the last page