IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2021 at 6:51 PM, oscillik said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

very cool. how do you achieve the grain in these shots?

Edited by andyb
  • Like 1

I use a variety of stuff for grain, but those ones I used ColorFX Pro, which is part of the DXO Nik Collection. 

I’ve found that gives the nicest look grain, as opposed to Lightroom which just looks like an overlay when you add grain. 

• Like 1

i use an iphone (now 13, not pro) and could never figure out the best apps for improving photos. i’ve looked, but trying is expensive + reviews are just about selling.

also like glitch techniques that cause sudden slopes within pictures, which isn’t done with apps but is about moving the camera when shooting? could never remember how exactly.

19 hours ago, logboy said:

i use an iphone (now 13, not pro) and could never figure out the best apps for improving photos. i’ve looked, but trying is expensive + reviews are just about selling.

also like glitch techniques that cause sudden slopes within pictures, which isn’t done with apps but is about moving the camera when shooting? could never remember how exactly.

Unfortunately, as with anything, you get what you pay for.

If you don't want to pay any money, your best bet for photo editing is likely going to be Snapseed. That's actually running on an image processing engine that is in the Nik Collection, as Snapseed came out back when Google bought Nik (DXO now owns Nik and the collection software for PCs and Macs is no longer free).

Paid/Subscription stuff that's really worth having:

Halide camera (this camera app is fucking awesome, really is the best there is I think).
Lightroom (syncs my film simulation presets from my computers so I've got access to all my paid-for presets)
Darkroom (has some integration with Halide, and implements a different grain algo)
VSCO (Has some free presets, but most of the good ones are either one-off purchase or part of their VSCO-X subscription)

Aphex Twin @ Field Day

9F842A7B-5BB9-4492-84C2-91645F1A1362.jpeg

DE02DA35-D03F-47E3-B829-4215A98860AE.jpeg

2CEEFB56-17EA-42BA-8B8E-4EFBAFEF2616.jpeg

13E1206F-5729-41FA-B596-080996CCA20F.jpeg

They are all flukes because I was in the crowd (though up against the wall of the tent) but was pleased when I went through my iPhone the following morning.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 5