IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

tooth related first world problem, i need 15 fillings and a hole of a missing molar is filled with some kind of itchy infected pus. total cost, 1700 quid. i think im actually going to quit work, and go back on the dole so i dont have to pay my dental bill.

i completely fulfill the american stereotype of british people having godawful teeth, and 3 years of excessive mdma use has actually gurned down one of my canines into a razor sharp point reminiscent of some kind of fictional space bandit. i can actually cut glass with it.

i have to figure out what i want peopole to buy me for christmas :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I'm pretty sure I'm long past the age where I can suggest people buy me anything for christmas.

Not to say loved ones don't get me thoughtful and generous gifts, but man do I feel like a useless overgrown brat putting ideas out there.

Also: my fiancee makes a couple tens of thousands of dollars more than me per fucking annum, so I can't even really compete, and it shouldn't be a competition, but it's like

me: I GOT YOU THE NEW WALKING DEAD COLLECTION, A NICEISH DINNER AND A HUG

her: I GOT YOU A TRIP TO AFRICA

and uh, you know, I feel very bad. they don't sleep anymore on the beach

Edited by baph

Let me rephrase:

I'm 37 and people still expect me to write a wish-list for christmas. I have everything I need, and the only stuff I'd like is too expensive to ask other people to buy for me.

- A new job that inspires me

- More free time to do what I love

- A home brewing kit

I should actually just go with the last one. fuck yes thank you thread problem sorted.

i'm eating too much shit

ring Coprophages Anonymous. alternatively, create a cry-for-help thread and guilt watmm into staging an intervention for you.

but shit is tasty :emotawesomepm9:

I'm visiting Sydney in a few weeks and I'm not sure if I have a place to stay :shrug: .. any wattmers with a free couch from the 28th November–2nd December wanna help a brother out? I'll provide reimbursement in the form of booze, gifts and/or the general awesomeness that comes from my presence.

Edited by modey

- A home brewing kit

I ended up getting two of these for family members last year while at the same time receiving one from my brother. There are many pros to this decision. One of them being cheap beer.

i have to figure out what i want peopole to buy me for christmas :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I'm pretty sure I'm long past the age where I can suggest people buy me anything for christmas.

Not to say loved ones don't get me thoughtful and generous gifts, but man do I feel like a useless overgrown brat putting ideas out there.

Also: my fiancee makes a couple tens of thousands of dollars more than me per fucking annum, so I can't even really compete, and it shouldn't be a competition, but it's like

me: I GOT YOU THE NEW WALKING DEAD COLLECTION, A NICEISH DINNER AND A HUG

her: I GOT YOU A TRIP TO AFRICA

and uh, you know, I feel very bad. they don't sleep anymore on the beach

Nah, don't worry about it. Sounds like you would do the same for her. If you belittle yourself for having a cool fiancee it punishes her too. You can waste your time in much better ways :flower:

Feeling pretty bummed right now. I worked hard last night studying for this astronomy test, set my alarm to wake up for the test at 9:30. I keep the alarm clock across the room so I have to stand up and turn it off.

When I woke up I looked at the clock and it said 10:38. It took a second to register, and then pure shock.

So now I'm thinking... "this was outside of my control. I didn't 'choose' this, it was purely circumstantial." Because I clearly woke up and turned off the alarm clock without any conscious awareness of what was happening. I've suspected that this was happening for a while. I guess I wake up, without thinking or anything I go turn off the alarm clock, get back in bed, and fall asleep in such a short time frame that I don't remember it in the morning. I didn't remember that I had a test to go to or anything... or maybe it was just straight up sleepwalking.

Anyway, I'm not going to beat myself up about this. It's not exactly my fault. My grade will be a C, if I ace everything from here on out. Massive disappointment but no sense of responsibility for what's happened. In fact, something this obscure must have happened for a "reason." Maybe just to tell me I need a new alarm clock, or to fix my sleep schedule.

Feeling pretty bummed right now. I worked hard last night studying for this astronomy test, set my alarm to wake up for the test at 9:30. I keep the alarm clock across the room so I have to stand up and turn it off.

When I woke up I looked at the clock and it said 10:38. It took a second to register, and then pure shock.

So now I'm thinking... "this was outside of my control. I didn't 'choose' this, it was purely circumstantial." Because I clearly woke up and turned off the alarm clock without any conscious awareness of what was happening. I've suspected that this was happening for a while. I guess I wake up, without thinking or anything I go turn off the alarm clock, get back in bed, and fall asleep in such a short time frame that I don't remember it in the morning. I didn't remember that I had a test to go to or anything... or maybe it was just straight up sleepwalking.

Anyway, I'm not going to beat myself up about this. It's not exactly my fault. My grade will be a C, if I ace everything from here on out. Massive disappointment but no sense of responsibility for what's happened. In fact, something this obscure must have happened for a "reason." Maybe just to tell me I need a new alarm clock, or to fix my sleep schedule.

why don't you just get on your knees and beg the prof? suck zir's dick?

lol i've got a client that has to run my proposals passed a fucking feng shui guru.

:cerious:

Let me rephrase:

I'm 37 and people still expect me to write a wish-list for christmas. I have everything I need, and the only stuff I'd like is too expensive to ask other people to buy for me.

- A new job that inspires me

- More free time to do what I love

- A home brewing kit

I should actually just go with the last one. fuck yes thank you thread problem sorted.

Basically those three things for me too, yes. Probably also need a bit more floor space in the apartment before the brewing kit, to keep the cat from pissing in it, but yes.

Nah, don't worry about it. Sounds like you would do the same for her. If you belittle yourself for having a cool fiancee it punishes her too. You can waste your time in much better ways :flower:

Wisdom.

lol i've got a client that has to run my proposals passed a fucking feng shui guru.

oh god, lol

Edited by baph