IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

If you're single, and she's single, and the vibing is still there after a few more appointments, then you should go for it.  Life's too short not to take chances like this.

Like we all seem to agree it can't be in the job setting though, that's why you need a change of venue.  Drop something nonchalantly like "me and the boys are going to [thing] this weekend (some farmer's market/flea market/free concert, w/e)".  Gauge the reaction and follow up with something like "you should totally check it out," if and when the moment's right.  This is not shooting for a date or anything romantic just yet, only to get the conversation outside of the professional confines.

who knows? you could end up with a great meet cute story like Wil Feral in training Day:

Just a suggestion of course.

• Haha 2
  • Farnsworth 1

So my £75 nude poster sized print of a naked Rumer Willis (which was signed by Rumer along with sisters Scout and Tallullah) turned out to be fake. The signatures were real its just their faces, tits and pussies are clearly photoshopped. Why can't celebrities just learn to live in the bodies god gave them? I mean is that really too much to ask? 

• Haha 2
  • Burger 1

17 minutes ago, yekker said:

My oven is self cleaning and its very hot and smokey in my place. It's going to take 5 hours. 

the last building i lived in got full of smoke on 2 floors because one person cleaned their oven the day after thanksgiving. all the hallway smoke detectors kept going off for hours. i was told it was from old turkey grease. 

get a fan. point it out the window. 

29 minutes ago, ignatius said:

the last building i lived in got full of smoke on 2 floors because one person cleaned their oven the day after thanksgiving. all the hallway smoke detectors kept going off for hours. i was told it was from old turkey grease. 

get a fan. point it out the window. 

Lol! My place isn't that bad. I got a fan. It would have been worse in here if I hadn't cleaned it the other day with baking soda and vinegar...

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 12:16 PM, BobDobalina said:

If you're single, and she's single, and the vibing is still there after a few more appointments, then you should go for it.  Life's too short not to take chances like this.

Like we all seem to agree it can't be in the job setting though, that's why you need a change of venue.  Drop something nonchalantly like "me and the boys are going to [thing] this weekend (some farmer's market/flea market/free concert, w/e)".  Gauge the reaction and follow up with something like "you should totally check it out," if and when the moment's right.  This is not shooting for a date or anything romantic just yet, only to get the conversation outside of the professional confines.

who knows? you could end up with a great meet cute story like Wil Feral in training Day:

Just a suggestion of course.

ended up watching the full movie lol

I soaked my microwave fan filters in my frying pan and used a multipurpose cleaner with febreze scent. It was so strong smelling that I must have cleaned it for 10 minutes. I cooked some lovely pork chops in it and eating them they tasted like febreze !! Yuck. I ate them anyway, now I need some mouth wash.

• Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

3 minutes ago, yekker said:

I soaked my microwave fan filters in my frying pan and used a multipurpose cleaner with febreze scent. It was so strong smelling that I must have cleaned it for 10 minutes. I cooked some lovely pork chops in it and eating them they tasted like febreze !! Yuck. I ate them anyway, now I need some mouth wash.

microwaves have fans w/filters?

febreeze is foul. always has been. always will be. 

why.. why on earth did you soak anything that wasn't food in a frying pan? that pan is now garbage. for health and comfort you need a new frying pan. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ignatius said:

microwaves have fans w/filters?

febreeze is foul. always has been. always will be. 

why.. why on earth did you soak anything that wasn't food in a frying pan? that pan is now garbage. for health and comfort you need a new frying pan. 

Hmmm. I wouldn't say the pan is dead. I think I can save it.

I periodically ruin my thermoses by washing them with dish detergent... And by forgetting to rinse them out for days... Hence the detergent. Not sure how I'm still alive, honestly.

• Thanks 1

Caught a fucking cold.  Fucking mouth breathing maskless strangers crowding the restaurants since July 1st.... just because you're allowed, doesn't mean you should!  Its such little effort to put on a mask, cunts.  I was really hoping that much of the "new normal" would carry on via basic common sense.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 2

I'm trying to get through the second half of Ministry's discography, but the shitty drum mix is making it reeeeeeally difficult.  It's like he was deliberately making them sound as thin as possible, and gradually phasing out the kick entirely.  Possibly the only band to have consistently dropped in production quality from first album to last over such an extended period of time.  Usually that part improves with experience... I think maybe he went deaf a long time ago, but simply refuses to get any outside help.  It's really fucking brutal.  Yet the first 5 albums sound SO good.  It's too bad, because there are some decent tunes on here, and it would have been so easy to make that apparent with the right treatment.  Ah well.

19 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I'm trying to get through the second half of Ministry's discography, but the shitty drum mix is making it reeeeeeally difficult.  It's like he was deliberately making them sound as thin as possible, and gradually phasing out the kick entirely.  Possibly the only band to have consistently dropped in production quality from first album to last over such an extended period of time.  Usually that part improves with experience... I think maybe he went deaf a long time ago, but simply refuses to get any outside help.  It's really fucking brutal.  Yet the first 5 albums sound SO good.  It's too bad, because there are some decent tunes on here, and it would have been so easy to make that apparent with the right treatment.  Ah well.

they had some members of the band leave. probably had some impact on production. 

• Like 1

Nah, the last 3 albums feat. Paul D'amour all sounded shite.  He and Al covered production duties on everything up to and including that point.  i see there are a few albums coming up that had an additional producer, but Al still has his hand in there.  It does not bode well.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

9 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Nah, the last 3 albums feat. Paul D'amour all sounded shite.  He and Al covered production duties on everything up to and including that point.  i see there are a few albums coming up that had an additional producer, but Al still has his hand in there.  It does not bode well.

before that i mean. 

15 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Did they?  It's still Al and Paul handling production duties on all those.  I'm not sure having a diff bassist or drummer would have any bearing on that really.

Paul Barker was integral to the band during production/writing process afaik

?‍♂️

• Paul Barker – bass, keyboards, programming, production, vocals (1986–2003)
Edited by ignatius

Just now, Zephyr_Nova said:

But he still shat the bed on Filth Pig, Dark Side, and Animositomina.

i don't think you can load it all on one person's back but perhaps can point at drug use in the band and other factors like budget etc. i think bands, like marriages, have a "the honeymoon is over" period w/some members of the band and things change. 

who mixed/recorded the records probably has as much an impact too. 

i ripped my tire today

impaled it on the edge of the curb

why?

because i saw a beautiful woman in skimpy shorts

i laughed at myself the whole time while changing the tire

now it's your turn

• Farnsworth 1