IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

1 hour ago, Cryptowen said:

rn it feels like i'm in a marvel movie about BSTLman, the superhero who has the power to give anyone who gets in range BSTL

http://www.bstl.in/

must be pretty hot in india rn

Chandigarh is hotter than Seattle right now, don't hear them complaining

8 minutes ago, dingformung said:

All my WATMM badges are badges of dishonour and shame, and all their orbs gilded halos are not mine

Talking 'bout this, why was WATMM gamified?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

I'm on team heat wave here too. Coastal BC has been 34, 36, 39, 40 degrees C this past several days. I don't think this region has ever seen temps like this. The BC interior (wildfire central) got well into the 40s. From what I'm reading here it sounds like it was pretty widespread in this whole region.  Lol @ dingo complaining about 26 degrees C. I mean I'm the same, personally I'd be in heaven if it was about 10 C year round. After this heat wave, I was happy to see that it was going to be "only 26" today lol (rn it's actually about 28 but I'll take it). The wind is back and I live near the ocean and I feel so relieved. Supposed to be below avg temps for July after this. So yeah. The world is changing. Already for years there have been all sorts of "unprecedented"/"record breaking" weather events worldwide. Safe to say everything is going to be unprecedented at this point. Climate change freaks me out bigtime. 

So in this heat wave I was also working on my end of a group project with a deadline, also a kind of project I'd never done before, a virtual collab with three other musicians, and everything was filtering thru me as the producer/editor etc whatever. It was a hot mess and then it all came together perfectly in the end. I feel stronger for it, getting thru all of this plus heat wave in several intense days and not going completely fucking mad. Plenty of internal struggle when you're working via distance with three other people with a pretty abstract creative vision and no designated "leader", but it's really incredible when it all comes together. 

Now I'd like to do nothing for all of July but in actuality I need to get my shit together because my life in general is a mess lol

I’d love to hear the results of that project. Hang in there, man.

• Thanks 1

Carpal tunnel in my left wrist again.

Pretty trivial compared to all this heat wave shit going on tho. It's actually been a cool summer here so far this year, especially compared to two years ago.

On 6/29/2021 at 8:35 AM, Hugh Mughnus said:

Record breaking temps here too. Today + weds thurs are all record breakers, highest temp recorded since yesterday was in 1886. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57678054

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57703853

?

• Sad 2

I want to enjoy life but I also feel like it's selfish and naïve to think that life is supposed to be enjoyed.  I'm feeling self destructive right now, but not in a way that I want to do something horrible.  I just want to live as if I'm dead and accomplish the bare minimum halfheartedly until I die in an anticlimactic way.

I feel like watching myself grow older and more hopeless as I waste my time idling in despair and slacking on every aspect of my life.  I want to work a thankless repetitive job to pay rent for an apartment that I never clean, that I only use to drink and pass out after the work day is over.

I went to the beach today and afterwards walked about 3 blocks in my swim trunks to a public restroom to change back into my street clothes. The tip of my dick must have rubbed up against the inside of my trunks repeatedly in some weird way because now it’s all red and hurts REALLY bad if any of my clothes or anything touches it. I couldn’t even wash it in the shower when I got home. I’m open to suggestions for something to put on it for relief. 

supposed to be 114 degrees (again) july 14th. 

Just now, J3FF3R00 said:

I went to the beach today and afterwards walked about 3 blocks in my swim trunks to a public restroom to change back into my street clothes. The tip of my dick must have rubbed up against the inside of my trunks repeatedly in some weird way because now it’s all red and hurts REALLY bad if any of my clothes or anything touches it. I couldn’t even wash it in the shower when I got home. I’m open to suggestions for something to put on it for relief. 

did you go into the ocean? sea lice. 

https://www.healthline.com/health/sea-lice-bites#:~:text=Sea lice is skin irritation,red bumps on the skin.

18 minutes ago, ignatius said:

supposed to be 114 degrees (again) july 14th. 

did you go into the ocean? sea lice. 

https://www.healthline.com/health/sea-lice-bites#:~:text=Sea lice is skin irritation,red bumps on the skin.

I did but I doubt it is sea lice. I could feel my dick tip rubbing on my swim trunks. As it was happening I think I was afraid of it getting all fucked up because it happened once before… and I vowed never to wear the trunks I was wearing ever again. These were different trunks, too. I really should have never been circumcised ?‍♂️

Edited by J3FF3R00

15 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I did but I doubt it is sea lice. I could feel my dick tip rubbing on my swim trunks. As it was happening I think I was afraid of it getting all fucked up because it happened once before… and I vowed never to wear the trunks I was wearing ever again. These were different trunks, too. I really should have never been circumcised ?‍♂️

problem is probably SAND. 

4 hours ago, drillkicker said:

Everything I see makes me sad

the solution to all your problems is pretty simple though: 

learn music theory - learn how to play an instrument/how to improvise - play with other musicians - become a jazz musician - stay away from drugs and alcohol (smoking weed is fine i guess, smoke weed then but no other substance, especially not alcohol in your case - smoke trees instead) - live the jazz life

• Big Brain 1

Recently I've been more into the idea that some nightclubs act like musicians need them to exist in order for musicians to exist but it should be the direct opposite.

I've always had this feeling for a while, keeps coming back to me sometimes.

Edited by Consul
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

the solution to all your problems is pretty simple though: 

learn music theory - learn how to play an instrument/how to improvise - play with other musicians - become a jazz musician - stay away from drugs and alcohol (smoking weed is fine i guess, smoke weed then but no other substance, especially not alcohol in your case - smoke trees instead) - live the jazz life

Nobody wants to play with me, even the people who think I'm good.

24 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

Nobody wants to play with me, even the people who think I'm good.

also, tell us the whole story here: this isn't the 1st time you complain about people avoiding you/ghosting you or whatever. what's the deal with that? do you smell bad? do you have a massive character flaw you didn't tell us about? 

10 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I think your only chace is to go pantsless for about half a week until it heals.

SOURCE: back in 2012 I spent 3 days camping in the desert with only one pair of underwear and it was bad.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

what instrument do you play? what's your level/what can you do with your instrument? 

I play acoustic guitar, and mostly do bluesy finger picking type stuff these days.

1 hour ago, brian trageskin said:

also, tell us the whole story here: this isn't the 1st time you complain about people avoiding you/ghosting you or whatever. what's the deal with that? do you smell bad? do you have a massive character flaw you didn't tell us about? 

I wish I knew.  I've asked one of my (at the time) closest and most honest friends if there's something wrong with me that I can't see and I couldn't get anything out of her.  She's not the type to withhold that sort of stuff, either.  Maybe she couldn't see it, or maybe it's just that there's something wrong with the way I socialize.  It's also possibly because my friends are all the people who were slackers and wackos in our teenage years and they've all either gotten even wackier or even lazier.  I had to stop communicating with some of them because they got too crazy, but then that only leaves the people who don't give a shit about anything.

The other problem is that I can't relate to most people I meet.  I like people who I can talk about philosophy and biology with, but most people like to talk about the latest news about the president (yes, even the people who went to college and got degrees in philosophy and biology).  I can't stand hearing about that shit.  Everybody in america has a fucking stupid and shitty take on politics and ethics and it fucking pisses me off when I have to hear about it.  I've always believed that everybody should be homeless for at least a year because I think most people would stop making such a fuss over inane bullshit like voting.  I'm sandwiched right in between two generations of total fucking squares.

Also I don't have any social media like snapchat or tiktok and I think most people my age do their communication through there.  I'd rather be lonely than install that garbage onto my phone.

Edit:  before you tell me that I'm lonely because I have an angry or negative personality, I wanna mention that I don't actually say any of this stuff out loud.  I'm just venting online because I won't suffer social consequences here.  I actually find it easy to like people and get along with them most of the time, but most of them just have too much bullshit that I don't want to deal with any more than I have to.

Edited by drillkicker

56 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

I play acoustic guitar, and mostly do bluesy finger picking type stuff these days.

are you interested in becoming a proficient musician, or in having extended understanding of the language of music, or do you not really give a crap about any of that? 

56 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

I wish I knew.  I've asked one of my (at the time) closest and most honest friends if there's something wrong with me that I can't see and I couldn't get anything out of her.  She's not the type to withhold that sort of stuff, either.  Maybe she couldn't see it, or maybe it's just that there's something wrong with the way I socialize.  It's also possibly because my friends are all the people who were slackers and wackos in our teenage years and they've all either gotten even wackier or even lazier.  I had to stop communicating with some of them because they got too crazy, but then that only leaves the people who don't give a shit about anything.

The other problem is that I can't relate to most people I meet.  I like people who I can talk about philosophy and biology with, but most people like to talk about the latest news about the president (yes, even the people who went to college and got degrees in philosophy and biology).  I can't stand hearing about that shit.  Everybody in america has a fucking stupid and shitty take on politics and ethics and it fucking pisses me off when I have to hear about it.  I've always believed that everybody should be homeless for at least a year because I think most people would stop making such a fuss over inane bullshit like voting.  I'm sandwiched right in between two generations of total fucking squares.

Also I don't have any social media like snapchat or tiktok and I think most people my age do their communication through there.  I'd rather be lonely than install that garbage onto my phone.

Edit:  before you tell me that I'm lonely because I have an angry or negative personality, I wanna mention that I don't actually say any of this stuff out loud.  I'm just venting online because I won't suffer social consequences here.  I actually find it easy to like people and get along with them most of the time, but most of them just have too much bullshit that I don't want to deal with any more than I have to.

sounds to me like you need new friends. also sounds to me like you don't know yourself too well. iirc you're very young so there's that - i don't know myself too well either (even though i'm older than you) so i know how challenging it can be. although i can't begin to understand how one could be puzzled as to why people avoid them. so my guess is you really don't know your friends too well either, you think you know them but you really don't. or something. i don't know, i might be wrong. 

you could also choose complete solitude as an alternative, although i wouldn't recommend it. not for the faint-hearted. if you're the sentimental/self-indulgent type, it will basically make you age faster. but it's heaven on heart if you're a strong person: being self-reliant, not having to deal with people's bullshit etc. i'm the self-indulgent type and a total wuss so my life is basically hell but if you're the strong type, might be a good thing for you. i don't know. most people are uninteresting anyway so there's also that. 

maybe you just need to figure out how to meet people who have the same interests as you. but i got a feeling that the real problem is you don't know yourself and the others enough, which leads to all this suffering. 

Edited by brian trageskin
  • Like 1

Got woken up by a shin splint this morning. First one in months. Dunno if it's my body punishing me for missing gym the last two months, but that shit lasted for a good half minute.

Also stupid-ass leaky kitchen sink faucet hose. At least it only leaks when I run the water. I already put self-sealing tape on it, but it didn't help much. And I'd rather not hire a plumber if there's still a way to fix it short of tearing shit apart.

Edited by ambermonke