IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I've been running Folding@home for coming up on a week now and it is surprisingly addictive. whoever thought to add a points/ladder system was a fookin' genius because people compete for better stats and the project gets more processing power out of that competition (video card company EVGA is the #1 team on the ladder). of course distributed computing is p cool and the project itself is quite noble and has had concrete results in terms of helping push medicine forward, so I don't feel like a twat about it.

it has caused me however to finally start looking seriously at overclocking my rig, and I'm disappointed to find that my CPU - and Intel's Haswell line generally, which my chip comes from - runs hot as fuck. stock speed is 3.4 Ghz and I can get it stable at just under 4.0 Ghz but I have to compromise on how much juice I dedicate to F@H otherwise the temps hit the 90C mark easily. I'm thinking about watercooling. I never wanted to be this kind of man.

also a co-worker is giving me a couple of GeForce 5 video cards he doesn't use anymore and I'm tempted to build a server box with them to dedicate solely to *@home projects :cerious:

Edited by usagi

One of my external HDDs is dead... :catghost:

There wasn't snything super important on there I dont think..but some of the music...can't remember what the fuck it was...

my roomate is a total idiot. full of himself, thinks the world of himself. has gangster friends.

he just let a glass carbonated drink explode in our freezer and didn't help clean up, just stares blankly. didn't say sorry. he's just a retard and it gets worse and worse. we our roomates by arranged situation. i don't know how long he'll want to stay here but probably forever cause he's getting a good deal.

my roomate is a total idiot. full of himself, thinks the world of himself. has gangster friends.

he just let a glass carbonated drink explode in our freezer and didn't help clean up, just stares blankly. didn't say sorry. he's just a retard and it gets worse and worse. we our roomates by arranged situation. i don't know how long he'll want to stay here but probably forever cause he's getting a good deal.

Sneak into his bedroom at night while he's asleep, set off fireworks, and run like hell

Sneak into his bedroom at night while he's asleep, set off fireworks, and run like hell

also wrap them in play-doh, that shit get's EVERYWHERE when you stuff some firecrackers into it, then refuse to help him clean it.

also wrap them in play-doh, that shit get's EVERYWHERE when you stuff some firecrackers into it, then refuse to help him clean it.

naw, he wouldn't clean it, just get filth all over

I pissed my gf off mostly because i've been drinking and playing video games all the week-end without her. I feel kind of stupid now and don't really know how to properly apologize :sad:

I pissed my gf off mostly because i've been drinking and playing video games all the week-end without her. I feel kind of stupid now and don't really know how to properly apologize :sad:

Sounds like a normal male behaviour. I reckon it's not so much the drinking and gaming itself as it is not giving her enough attention that's upset her, but that's just a guess. Maybe get her flowers or chocolates or something.

My latest fwip: Had a close call in my vehicle with a doge on the highway, less than an hour ago. The strange part is it was just standing right in the center of the road, as if it were in some sort of trance. It's just lucky I didn't hit it, but it was still surreal.

Edited by ambermonk

I'm watching my Folding@Home stats from work and goddammit I think the bastard's crashed again in spite of significant gains yesterday from overclocking/tweaking

animated-rampage.gif

My job : some daily fog punctuated by lapidary directives from my boss that lead to nowhere since she appears not to live in the same reality in which my colleague and I do. Asking her about shit doesn't do much since she answers with more lapidary yet elusive shit. I don't know what to do. It's like I have to figure it all by myself. Taking initiatives and being independant, yeah sure, but I'd like a bit more of guidance pls, I'm just an intern ffs.

becuoming isnane :catnope:

animated-rampage.gif

Edited by Perezvon

I'm watching my Folding@Home stats from work and goddammit I think the bastard's crashed again in spite of significant gains yesterday from overclocking/tweaking

animated-rampage.gif

I installed F@H on my laptop. Used to fold proteins on an old PC and when I created my profile I used the same nickname as before and just found out that I already had 21k points :w00t:

Shall we found a WATMM team :cisfor: ?

animated-rampage.gif

I installed F@H on my laptop. Used to fold proteins on an old PC and when I created my profile I used the same nickname as before and just found out that I already had 21k points :w00t:

Shall we found a WATMM team :cisfor: ?

sure!