IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I have weird red itchy swollen areas on my right arm and left shin. I thought it was bug bites at first but I don't think so anymore, they're too diffuse. no idea where they're from.

eczema maybe? I started getting a similar thing (same places as yours, forearm and shin) last summer. See if maybe some cortisone cream or OTC stuff works...calamine lotion will also probably help the itching regardless of what it is. Likewise you could take allegra or some other allergy med to relieve the itching as well. Hope you figure it out soon!

i've got eczema on my fingers. shit doesn't go away :shrug:

I have weird red itchy swollen areas on my right arm and left shin. I thought it was bug bites at first but I don't think so anymore, they're too diffuse. no idea where they're from.

eczema maybe? I started getting a similar thing (same places as yours, forearm and shin) last summer. See if maybe some cortisone cream or OTC stuff works...calamine lotion will also probably help the itching regardless of what it is. Likewise you could take allegra or some other allergy med to relieve the itching as well. Hope you figure it out soon!

I just found out earlier today that this can be caused by eczema. just doesn't compute in my brain that skin dryness can cause swelling. the skin there doesn't feel dry at all either, and I've never had eczema before.

I have had some cortisone shots lately on my left shoulder to try and reduce some keloid scars that I've been trying to get rid of for years. dunno if possibly related.

if it doesn't go away in the next couple of days I'll probably try some creams 'n shat. thanks, luke. thluke.

Apparently coconut oil is supposed to help for eczema too.

I've been having this itch on the middle of my back for the past month or so myself. I have no idea if it's an allergic reaction or what.

I've been having this itch on the middle of my back for the past month or so myself. I have no idea if it's an allergic reaction or what.

I've just used my standard moisturiser for now.

a month is a while mayne, get it checked oot.

I went yesterday to a printer to get a poster for my workplace's front window. It was fast and cheap so I didn't think of asking for a receipt. Now my boss is asking me to go back there and get a receipt from the printer guys for that stupid poster that cost 2 euros. Seriously I know accounting is serious business but that's bullshit, fuck off mate. Who's gonna look for these 2 euros ?

He wants me to create channel strips that the voice talents can use in order to streamline our post production process. But it's not as simple as that. You can't create a bunch of presets for gates, compressors etc or channel strips and expect them to work perfectly for all our voice talents. Presets suck. To put things into perspective you can't use the same color grading preset on 3000 different photos, right?

I think we spent 20 minutes discussing this today and he didn't budge.

Jesus that's shit. He probably read about channel strips somewhere and thought "Hey, I could leverage these to synergize resources in order to streamline the vertical integration of our product."

I agree with the bottle-smash solution.

Manuka honey cream is the boss, get some of it.

The new iTunes has killed the column browser so I've had to downgrade to version 10, Apple are dead to me.

Eczema can be inherited & it can come on thru exposure to allergens/environment (hot/cold) and/or stress, either way it can be fuckin annoying. Lived with the shit for years.....

If a cream/moisturizer like e45 isnt helping a mild steroid might, betnovate/betamethasone (depending on where u are in the world) will usually shift stubborn patches. If not something like clobetasol/dermovate will stomp that itch/irritation patches clear out of your system.

If you use long term there are certain risks w/steroids, but if u save the heavy artillery for the bad times u'll be fine.

ps: it might be worth having an allergy/skin-prick test done to see if there's anything thats changed in recent times to cause said irritation

I'm getting super tired of acid reflux. Feeling like someone has put an anvil to my chest which I have to drag around wherever I go. It scared the hell out of me since I first thought that I had some major problems with my lungs. Have been suffering from this on and off since last summer. I've checked my diet and tried some medicine which help temporarily but the symptons just keep getting back after a while. Yay, Rephlex acid outside and acid reflux inside...burb burb long live braindance :rolleyes:

So, this is pretty weird... I just had a vocal session where every time the client stepped up to the mic to record, the signal would cut out either right away or after a few seconds. I did a factory reset of the board, then did some troubleshooting using my own voice and everything seemed to be back to normal. So I get him to record the part again, and again it cuts out right after he starts singing. Here's where it gets weird. After a few more tries of this, I go up to the mic and sing some randomness. No matter how long I sing for, I cannot replicate the problem. Then he'll step up to the mic and immediately it will happen again. There are no significant volume differences between our voices. We're both standing as close to still as humanly possible. All the variables are the same. Yet any time I record it works perfectly and every time he tries the signal cuts out --we repeated this process maybe 20 times over, and every time the results were the same. Can people cause electrical disturbances? That sounds like some pseudoscience bullshit, but I can't think of any logical reason why this would keep happening only for him and not me. In fact, the last time I had this problem was about two months ago, during a session where the same guy was singing. I've recorded vocals for an entire album and then some since then with not a single instance of the signal cutting out like this. Serious WTF. The really bad news is that after we shut things down, I smelled electrical burning. There's a good chance my board is fucked now. Hopefully I can find a comparable rental board until I get this sorted out.

is he wearing something, a gadget or some necklace with some shit that might cause it when he gets close to the mic?

Or maybe even just a phone with bluetooth or something enabled?

Could interfere!

Almost everyone who comes to record has cell/smartphones, many of which no doubt are using bluetooth, so that's probably not it. As for gadgets/jewelery, I'm not sure, but there was nothing that I noticed. I was wondering if maybe he's carrying around an excessive amount of static electricity.

Almost everyone who comes to record has cell/smartphones, many of which no doubt are using bluetooth, so that's probably not it. As for gadgets/jewelery, I'm not sure, but there was nothing that I noticed. I was wondering if maybe he's carrying around an excessive amount of static electricity.

cell phones used to mess with all of my works scanners and stuff, thought there might be something there...

hmm it's definitely a weird one!