IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Me and my girlfriend broke up a few months ago but we still live together and I'm starting to date someone else. I hadn't expected this to happen so quickly after a serious relationship and I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Sounds awkward. Unless you had one of those ideal breakups where both of you are still friends AND mature enough to not by fazed by the sound of your ex fucking someone else in your own house

We are friends but its still not good. I'd freak if she brings a guy back but we both need to get over it to move on if we are going to continue to live together. To be fair I don't think I'd see other people yet if she hadn't done worse already. She kinda cheated on me and planned to move to Paris with some guy so yeah... Fuck it. But we are still cool... mostly. Edited by QQQ

My job : some daily fog punctuated by lapidary directives from my boss that lead to nowhere since she appears not to live in the same reality in which my colleague and I do. Asking her about shit doesn't do much since she answers with more lapidary yet elusive shit. I don't know what to do. It's like I have to figure it all by myself. Taking initiatives and being independant, yeah sure, but I'd like a bit more of guidance pls, I'm just an intern ffs.

lapidary/ˈlapɪd(ə)ri/

adjective
  1. relating to the engraving, cutting, or polishing of stones and gems.
noun
  1. a person who cuts, polishes, or engraves gems.

??

Maybe it's just a way of saying that someone is trying to make things sound more important than they really are

My job : some daily fog punctuated by lapidary directives from my boss that lead to nowhere since she appears not to live in the same reality in which my colleague and I do. Asking her about shit doesn't do much since she answers with more lapidary yet elusive shit. I don't know what to do. It's like I have to figure it all by myself. Taking initiatives and being independant, yeah sure, but I'd like a bit more of guidance pls, I'm just an intern ffs.

lapidary/ˈlapɪd(ə)ri/

adjective
  1. relating to the engraving, cutting, or polishing of stones and gems.
noun
  1. a person who cuts, polishes, or engraves gems.

??

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/lapidary?searchDictCode=all

statements that are elegant, or worthy of being put on stone. I think Perezvon meant serious/grave....

I like the Chet Faker tune that made it to the top of Triple J's Hottest 100 this year, in spite of myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP_-P_BS6KY

it's got soul, it's got bass - all in all it's a pretty average triphop tune with a guy who a certain cross-section of Australia has decided to pick as their new figurehead, beard and all, but it's an alright choon. and at least it's produced by the guy himself, which is a big plus in my books.

fuck that name though.

Reading articles about how a college degree isn't worth shit and that it's a waste of time and how it doesn't prepare you for the real world and shit. And about 19 yo programmers that didn't bother with college and are already established in the industry, working and whatnot. About the overblown risk of failure that exists on southern european countries, and how it squashes young people's ambitions. About how shitty our education system is, and how it is not nearly as essential as they make it seem. It's kinda depressing, but I don't have the guts to just drop out and learn on my own. Decisions, decisions....

Been looking after a stray cat for a few months. She was a bit feisty at first, but a stroke behind the ear and a tickle of her belly button and she's fine.

Just found out cats don't have belly buttons.

Reading articles about how a college degree isn't worth shit and that it's a waste of time and how it doesn't prepare you for the real world and shit. And about 19 yo programmers that didn't bother with college and are already established in the industry, working and whatnot. About the overblown risk of failure that exists on southern european countries, and how it squashes young people's ambitions. About how shitty our education system is, and how it is not nearly as essential as they make it seem. It's kinda depressing, but I don't have the guts to just drop out and learn on my own. Decisions, decisions....

I know right. That irony is pretty crystal clear when it comes to computer jobs. One of my friends' little bro is like 18 and already makes tons of money as a freelance graphic designer. Like... disgusting amounts.

Edited by Perezvon

I know right. That irony is pretty crystal clear when it comes to computer jobs. One of my friends' little bro is like 18 and already makes tons of money as a freelance graphic designer. Like... disgusting amounts.

Yeah, maybe it's a combination of easy job (if you have the talent) and high demand, but a good chunk of the too-young-too-be-making-so-much-money demographic is (graphic, UI/UX, web) designers

Been looking after a stray cat for a few months. She was a bit feisty at first, but a stroke behind the ear and a tickle of her belly button and she's fine.

Just found out cats don't have belly buttons.

:nacmat: