IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Guest fiznuthian

What is with people leaving their massive dogs out unsupervised at night? Got chased twice by two different dogs just trying to walk mine around the neighborhood at night. For all I know they're big fluffy goofballs but I don't take that chance anymore after I ignored one a couple years ago and it ripped a piece of my left calf muscle out. It must have left me with a lingering PTSD-esque condition because now when a dog runs at me I get hit with a catecholamine blast of adrenaline and run 110% speed like i'm going to die. And i'm a dog lover. :(

Edited by fiznuthian

Guest kymppinetti

What is with people leaving their massive dogs out unsupervised at night? Got chased twice by two different dogs just trying to walk mine around the neighborhood at night. For all I know they're big fluffy goofballs but I don't take that chance anymore after I ignored one a couple years ago and it ripped a piece of my left calf muscle out. It must have left me with a lingering PTSD-esque condition because now when a dog runs at me I get hit with a catecholamine blast of adrenaline and run 110% speed like i'm going to die. And i'm a dog lover. :(

Haha. Are you sure you just walk it 'around the neighborhood'? Or through neighborhood. I guess it's dark at night, huh?

Guest fiznuthian

Haha. Are you sure you just walk it 'around the neighborhood'? Or through neighborhood. I guess it's dark at night, huh?

It's my usual route.. I live in a calm town neighborhood with a bunch of family types. It's not ghetto or sketch really.

Just can't trust other people's dogs entirely.

Guest kymppinetti

It's my usual route.. I live in a calm town neighborhood with a bunch of family types. It's not ghetto or sketch really.

I see. Could bribe help? Just take a peace of sausage next time you go for a walk. Dogs love sausages!

I see. Could bribe help? Just take a peace of sausage next time you go for a walk. Dogs love sausages!

wear a cup fiz! dogs love sausages!

Recovering from a sinuplasty/septoplasty/grinding of turbinate bones. Just got my stents removed and can breathe for the first time in a while from my nose.

Bad part is

A. I have so much clot and drainage from my sinuses that I'm hocking up some nastiness. Should subside soon.

B. Had to re-fill my pain-meds. When I got my wisdom teeth removed I had a 2x 30 refill of 10mg oxycodones... for no impacted bones or anything, but when it comes to essentially drilling my nose out, breaking my septum and grinding away bone, I only get 1 - 5mg hydrocodone bottle and had to argue with the doctor about how I needed more. I'm not into narco's, but it feels like someone kicked my face then made me snort a bag of rock salt... It's a little more painful than getting some teeth removed. It's sad that people abuse these drugs so much that doctors mistrust people who can use them. I even told him it doesn't have to be a full script, just enough for the rest of the week as I finish healing.

Recovering from a sinuplasty/septoplasty/grinding of turbinate bones. Just got my stents removed and can breathe for the first time in a while from my nose.

Bad part is

A. I have so much clot and drainage from my sinuses that I'm hocking up some nastiness. Should subside soon.

B. Had to re-fill my pain-meds. When I got my wisdom teeth removed I had a 2x 30 refill of 10mg oxycodones... for no impacted bones or anything, but when it comes to essentially drilling my nose out, breaking my septum and grinding away bone, I only get 1 - 5mg hydrocodone bottle and had to argue with the doctor about how I needed more. I'm not into narco's, but it feels like someone kicked my face then made me snort a bag of rock salt... It's a little more painful than getting some teeth removed. It's sad that people abuse these drugs so much that doctors mistrust people who can use them. I even told him it doesn't have to be a full script, just enough for the rest of the week as I finish healing.

i got a septoplasty too (sadly no rhino lol!) and for one week I was in Hell: couldn't breath through nose, all mouth, it got dry, constant headaches, pain in throat, couldn't eat, etc, etc... But that's what I get for being poor (and bad luck) I guess!

I work for a company that sells voice overs and I'm the only sound engineer working there. No one at the company knows ANYTHING about audio and my boss has all these ideas that I keep telling him won't work. He wants me to make presets that our voice talents can use and no matter how fucking hard I try I can't get him to understand that you can't use presets because people have different mics, booths, preamps etc.

Can you imagine how frustrating it is to not have anyone around who can back you up when you need backing up? I'm a fucking one-man army and no one gets what I'm talking about.

*chokes everyone*

I work for a company that sells voice overs and I'm the only sound engineer working there. No one at the company knows ANYTHING about audio and my boss has all these ideas that I keep telling him won't work. He wants me to make presets that our voice talents can use and no matter how fucking hard I try I can't get him to understand that you can't use presets because people have different mics, booths, preamps etc.

Can you imagine how frustrating it is to not have anyone around who can back you up when you need backing up? I'm a fucking one-man army and no one gets what I'm talking about.

*chokes everyone*

Wait what does he mean by presets?

Sounds like a shit situation though.

He wants me to create channel strips that the voice talents can use in order to streamline our post production process. But it's not as simple as that. You can't create a bunch of presets for gates, compressors etc or channel strips and expect them to work perfectly for all our voice talents. Presets suck. To put things into perspective you can't use the same color grading preset on 3000 different photos, right?

I think we spent 20 minutes discussing this today and he didn't budge.

I have weird red itchy swollen areas on my right arm and left shin. I thought it was bug bites at first but I don't think so anymore, they're too diffuse. no idea where they're from.

He wants me to create channel strips that the voice talents can use in order to streamline our post production process. But it's not as simple as that. You can't create a bunch of presets for gates, compressors etc or channel strips and expect them to work perfectly for all our voice talents. Presets suck. To put things into perspective you can't use the same color grading preset on 3000 different photos, right?

I think we spent 20 minutes discussing this today and he didn't budge.

You should smash a bottle in his face. Problem solved.

FWP: I can't escape this dream where RDJ keps uploading unreleased tracks to soundcloud. I mean, it's a cool dream, but what if I never wake up?

I have weird red itchy swollen areas on my right arm and left shin. I thought it was bug bites at first but I don't think so anymore, they're too diffuse. no idea where they're from.

eczema maybe? I started getting a similar thing (same places as yours, forearm and shin) last summer. See if maybe some cortisone cream or OTC stuff works...calamine lotion will also probably help the itching regardless of what it is. Likewise you could take allegra or some other allergy med to relieve the itching as well. Hope you figure it out soon!