IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I phone and place an order with my Chinese takeaway of choice, The Beijing. Half hour later I arrive at The Beijing to collect.

I inform the girl behind the counter of what I am here for. She goes through into the kitchen. She comes back,

not with a bag of delicious food, but a handful of little white notes and a sorrowful face that instantly tells me that all is not as it should be.

We go over the details again, but nothing. My order is nowhere to be found. Hungry and ever so slightly miffed the penny silently drops in my mind.

I am at the wrong place. Curse all those different menus that were being passed around so freely and unchecked. Curse them to hell!

I ask the girl to excuse me for a moment while I go outside to make a phone call. On my exit I feel the eyes of the other collectees as I pass them,

I hear every jiggle jangle of chimes as the door gently closes behind me. I slowly move myself out of view as I pretend to make that phone call.

I run. I don't look back. My mind racing. Where did I place that elusive order? Then it comes to me like a sickening bolt ... Cheung's!

Did I even have a Cheung's menu, if so why? I say to myself, please let it not be Cheung's. But it was, I knew that now. All hope was lost...

That night we fed on mediocre Chinese takeaway.

FMFWL

I've done similar in a curry house before. Having one called Abbots Tandoori and one called Village Tandoori in the same high street is not a good idea. I played mine differently though. After I realised my mistake I just kept insisting that I definitely ordered from there and gave them the "I always come here" speech. Eventually I got my curry after a free bottle of Cobra and half a tonne of bombay mix while I was waiting.

The place that I actually ordered from is known as the "sticky carpet", so you can see my reasoning for staying put.

The chick at the library was hitting on me pretty hard but I couldn't ask her out for drinks because i only have $2.71 to my name.

You actually have a worse first-world problem: nobody believes that any girl would ever hit on you.

Guest Enter a new display name

The chick at the library was hitting on me pretty hard but I couldn't ask her out for drinks because i only have $2.71 to my name.

Make a donation website for your cause!

You actually have a worse first-world problem: nobody believes that any girl would ever hit on you.

Have you never seen a picture of essines before?

i actually find it hard to believe any girl would ever hit on you acidphakist. i've heard the stories.

essines, on the other hand, is a bearded sexual tyrannosaurus.

I just realised acidphakist is a cunt because he doesn't want to fuck me.

Also this message board is telling me that spelling realise with an s instead of a ZED is incorrect.

How could my life get any worse.

essines... is a bearded sexual tyrannosaurus.

He's been back for a couple of days. Seems to be on some kind of bender. So play nice KY, he might be emotionally fragile at the moment (what else would bring you back to watmm).

heh(heh(heh))

He's been back for a couple of days. Seems to be on some kind of bender. So play nice KY, he might be emotionally fragile at the moment.

heh(heh(heh))

haha fair enough. no harm, no foul—good to see cen around.

sidenote: china chow, the co-host of Work of Art on Bravo, just replied to a tweet I inadvertently sent to her, and now I'm highly/drunkenly imagining how my life would be if we were to meet and immediately fall in love and have at least a semi-serious relationship together—super duper annoying

He's been back for a couple of days. Seems to be on some kind of bender. So play nice KY, he might be emotionally fragile at the moment.

heh(heh(heh))

haha fair enough. no harm, no foul—good to see cen around.

sidenote: china chow, the co-host of Work of Art on Bravo, just replied to a tweet I inadvertently sent to her, and now I'm highly/drunkenly imagining how my life would be if we were to meet and immediately fall in love and have at least a semi-serious relationship together—super duper annoying

China Chow is purdy

I had a dream about work, then went to work. It's like working two shifts, but only getting paid for one. :dry:

You need a job where all you do is make love and fly around over wicked landscapes, then you'll be right.