IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I put more than minimum effort into a post in the 'albums recently listened to' thread in the hopes that Zephyr_Nova would check out the album I posted.

The Tom Hang one?  I'll check it out at some point.  This is the problem though - there's already a list of 100+ albums for me to get around to.  But I'll budge it ahead in line.  Still need to give NTS a third listen.  So many FWPs.

I've been awake since saturday and earlier I was fighting to stay awake until at least 9 tonight so I don't completely fuck my sleep schedule before work tomorrow but now it's past 10 and I'm all awake and pointlessly webbing innerly. Awake.

Edited by user

I’ve been in Japan for the past 21 days and tomorrow I have to fly back to Canada and the real world. :(

To be fair chen, Canada is one of the better places to live. It's actually my fall back plan (or Ireland). 

Except for Vancouver and the Islands, it’s cold as fuck in the winter, there’s way too much snow, and Canadian service levels are abysmal.

Roads in Ottawa remind me of roads in a third-world country.

Also the Canadian dollar is shit ass weak right now.

Seriously considering starting a new career (again) in Japan. And no, this is not first blush romance, I’ve visited Japan around 25 times. I’m aware of the downsides.

The problem is of course I’ll be 45 this September, and I don’t really want to give up my career/pension. Who knows. Fuck it, I’m going to movement in a few weeks, so I won’t give a shit.

Except for Vancouver and the Islands, it’s cold as fuck in the winter, there’s way too much snow, and Canadian service levels are abysmal.

Roads in Ottawa remind me of roads in a third-world country.

Also the Canadian dollar is shit ass weak right now.

Seriously considering starting a new career (again) in Japan. And no, this is not first blush romance, I’ve visited Japan around 25 times. I’m aware of the downsides.

The problem is of course I’ll be 45 this September, and I don’t really want to give up my career/pension. Who knows. Fuck it, I’m going to movement in a few weeks, so I won’t give a shit.

that's why you have canals in ottawa and skates. in winter you can skate the canals to commute to work. it's totally reasonable. 

*Also, no mention of the song Changes' chorus being used as the theme song for Big Mouth on the Wikipedia page.  Very SFWProblematic imo.

Just made my first wikipedia edit to rectify this.  "Publish Changes" button made me chuckle (but not really, I just politely appreciated the pun).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vol._4_(Black_Sabbath_album)

-see "cover versions" towards bottom.  That last sentence is my handiwork.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I can’t get my new studio to sound correct. The bass is completely gone and I have no idea what i’m doing when I’m eq’ing. Plus, all my old mixes sound like ass and I know they actually don’t. So tomorrow I’ll have to bring a lot of it back to my old studio so I can get some work done.

No canal available for my commute. Also skating in a suit not my idea of a good time.

get a different job.  put your suit in a bag. change at work. or just stop going and skate the canals.  you could be canadian forest gump who "just likes skay-ting"

Chen, it’s worth starting over career-wise for access to Lawson. Have you ever been to one of the country stores? They have really fresh produce at the one in Kita Kamakura.

What’s your fav sandwich from the konbini/mart? Mines egg salad for sure. Also big on the salmon and mayo onigiri, and strong zero is amazing.

My bro lives there and has a wife and little baby.

My fwp is we want to go to japan again soon but it’s like a $5k minimum for a decent trip.

Lol @changing careers for access to Lawson.

iggy - if I got a different job, it sure as fuck wouldn’t be in Ottawa. Or anywhere east of the lower mainland. It fucking snowed today here. It’s almost May, this shit is inhuman.

iggy - if I got a different job, it sure as fuck wouldn’t be in Ottawa. Or anywhere east of the lower mainland. It fucking snowed today here. It’s almost May, this shit is inhuman.

yeah.. saw the snow report. wtf. at least there's hockey.. i mean.. not from a canadian team at this time of year but usually there's hockey. 

It snowed most of last week here. Then again I'm geographically right next door to Yukon.

booked a major international act for a festival this weekend and now the flight's looking to be cancelled cause of a major pilot strike, so we've gotta shell out additional €700 to even get her to come. also i've come down with a major cold just in time for the event.

yeah.. saw the snow report. wtf. at least there's hockey.. i mean.. not from a canadian team at this time of year but usually there's hockey.

I don’t like hockey much. I’m a lapsed Oilers fan.