IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I just got a new job 3 months ago, and everything was fine to start, but now I've noticed people eating my food.

It started off with people eating my humus, and I was like "well maybe they thought it was their humus"

But now someone has stolen a tin of my tuna which there is no fucking way they could have done by mistake.

I'M FUCKING PISSED OFF HERE. WHAT KIND OF ENTITLED WANKER DOES THAT!!!!

A thieving one apparently. I wonder if refrigerated lockers exist.

Newest FWP is I'm sore af from lifting weights the day prior. I understand it's all part of the process, but still.

Put post-it notes with your name on your food; if they mess with you after that then measures need to be taken.

Newest FWP is I'm sore af from lifting weights the day prior. I understand it's all part of the process, but still.
Savour the DOMS while you can, they won't be back again  :cattears:

fucking garbage ass piece of shit software i use everyday for my job is astoundingly buggy and broken and nonfunctional and it blows my fucking mind that it costs thousands and thousands of dollars to license. UGH

Put post-it notes with your name on your food; if they mess with you after that then measures need to be taken.

Savour the DOMS while you can, they won't be back again  :cattears:

Funny thing that - I have been weight training on average about 3-4x per week since 2014. Goal is not muscle growth or size, typically total body workouts with cardio mixed in to maintain muscle mass + burn calories really. I do incrementally increase weight for most exercises. 

I still get DOMS. Every single week. :shrug:

Edit: in every muscle group other than shoulders. Never in my life have I had DOMS there. weirdness.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I just got a new job 3 months ago, and everything was fine to start, but now I've noticed people eating my food.

It started off with people eating my humus, and I was like "well maybe they thought it was their humus"

But now someone has stolen a tin of my tuna which there is no fucking way they could have done by mistake.

I'M FUCKING PISSED OFF HERE. WHAT KIND OF ENTITLED WANKER DOES THAT!!!!

This happened at my company years ago. Everyone knew who was stealing food. 

So once, someone literally made a shit sandwich and encircled the shit with tuna salad so the shit was centered so buddy would take a bite of it, hopefully not smelling the shit past the stinky tuna salad. 

The sandwich was stolen but we never heard anything as to whether buddy bit into it.

The guy was eventually fired for drinking residual alcohol out of recycled wine bottles. Kinda sad. 

I had no part in any of that other than the firing of the employee, heard the story a year later.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I started taking piano lessons but sometimes they go horribly and I get super down about it. Which I then also get down about.

I feel I wanna b a part of this thread but should read trough it b4 posting, I never get around to it

nobody reads anything on the internet. they just click a thread at random, start bashing away at the keyboard and hope for the best.

My company told my team that we need to 1) move to Las Vegas, 2) Find a different position at the company, or 3) Get shitcanned and take a severance package.

I just started renting two rooms in my house so I can FINALLY have a dedicated music studio that I don't sleep in. So I left work early and went to the bar across the street and now I'm hung over.

Update. FWS: My friend works for a game company and there's an audio opening. He's giving me a reference, so I may (at least) get a phone interview.

FWP / FWS: I'm having a chat with some engineers later today about maybe taking me on as a developer since I have some coding skills, but I'm way too junior for the skills they require. I would hate for them to take a chance on me and then I turn around and take the audio job. Also, being a developer in the SF bay area makes things a shit ton more affordable than a sound designer...

Also, being a developer in the SF bay area makes things a shit ton more affordable than a sound designer...

How demoralizing. I heard that cost of living SF is stupid high where a 100k salary is considered low-income. Any truth to that?

If you live in a 1 bedroom apartment at SF market value, then yes. It is definitely true.

https://www.rentjungle.com/average-rent-in-san-francisco-rent-trends/

As of March 2019, average rent for an apartment in San Francisco, CA is $3811 which is a 6.64% increase from last year when the average rent was $3558 , and a 0.63% increase from last month when the average rent was $3787. 

One bedroom apartments in San Francisco rent for $3448 a month on average (a 4.84% increase from last year) and two bedroom apartment rents average $4542 (a 2.44% increase from last year).

So that average would be $41,376 a year for rent. Also taking into account that $100k per year will be taxed heavily, the rent will eat up half or more of your net income.

I feel I wanna b a part of this thread but should read trough it b4 posting, I never get around to it

nobody reads anything on the internet. they just click a thread at random, start bashing away at the keyboard and hope for the best.

pretty much

Everyone knows the proper abbreviation is 'a2m.'

except my brain apparently

I also do the atm thing, also when people talk about CBT my brain sez cock and ball torture. The internets has roont my brain.

Re: Work food theft. Liberally drench the food in some carolina reaper sauce, then just sit and wait.

If you live in a 1 bedroom apartment at SF market value, then yes. It is definitely true.

https://www.rentjungle.com/average-rent-in-san-francisco-rent-trends/

As of March 2019, average rent for an apartment in San Francisco, CA is $3811 which is a 6.64% increase from last year when the average rent was $3558 , and a 0.63% increase from last month when the average rent was $3787. 

One bedroom apartments in San Francisco rent for $3448 a month on average (a 4.84% increase from last year) and two bedroom apartment rents average $4542 (a 2.44% increase from last year).

So that average would be $41,376 a year for rent. Also taking into account that $100k per year will be taxed heavily, the rent will eat up half or more of your net income.

jesus titty fuckin' christ that's insane