IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

35 minutes ago, Squee said:

It’s 10 pm and I still have a whole bunch of work to finish before I can go to bed. I love being a freelancer but, fuck...

How's your new shack?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yekker said:

How's your new shack?

It’s nice but the acoustics are a bit fucked. I think over-treated it. 

2 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

What's up with Yek 'n' Squee's brutal "member's total reputation" scores?  How is that being determined?

They’re leftovers from some old feature as far as I know. We bad. 

• Like 1

yeah i had a look at my profile, the last time there was a rating system was 2009. i was 19 then, and almost definitely a complete arsehole. no regrets. 

• Like 1

All the way home the guy behind me on the bus was ripping death farts that burned my soul.

No lie I got out of the bus 10 minutes ago and I can still smell them.

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Confused 1

There's a band playing a couple houses over consisting of bass, drums, and sometimes vocals.  As far as I can tell they play mostly classic rock covers, which I can recognize from the drum patterns, which are fairly spot on.  You can tell however that the bassist has only a very vague idea of how each song goes, and the vocalist sings in whatever key he feels like regardless of what the bass is doing.  I feel bad for the drummer, as he seems fairly capable and has clearly done his homework to get the songs down.  They sure have been at it for a while now.  Also, classic rock with no guitar is in itself quite problematic.

• Haha 1

That would annoy the fuck out of me^
. . .

Went to a gathering for my wife's-uncle's-parent's 50th wedding anniversary. Her uncle Ahmet and his parents are Indian, so it was quite an ordeal, singing, dancing, speeches etc. It really wasn't that bad, but my SFW complaint right now is that HOLY FUCK, I'm so god damn full of food right now... I'm sprawled out on the couch and I'm afraid to move too much or I might puke.

There was SO MUCH food at this event and I was pretty much obligated to eat some of everything as to not offend the family. Honestly I was full just off of the appetizers but then after a couple songs and dances honoring Ahmet's parents they served the actual dinner, and I had to try some of everything as one of the hosts was practically leading us through the dinner line. It was amazing food really, I like Indian food but... I pretty much wasn't allowed to refuse anything, and now I'm so full and lethargic I feel like I'm dying... I'm going to absolutely destroy the toilet later tonight.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

There's a band playing a couple houses over consisting of bass, drums, and sometimes vocals.  As far as I can tell they play mostly classic rock covers, which I can recognize from the drum patterns, which are fairly spot on.  You can tell however that the bassist has only a very vague idea of how each song goes, and the vocalist sings in whatever key he feels like regardless of what the bass is doing.  I feel bad for the drummer, as he seems fairly capable and has clearly done his homework to get the songs down.  They sure have been at it for a while now.  Also, classic rock with no guitar is in itself quite problematic.

I'd love for you to write all this out on paper and anonymously slip it under their door

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 2

Fuck yeah. I'm dealing with a slight dodgy queasy hangover (just imagine how bad it would of been without my expert iron clad prevention techniques...) by whoop whoop..... going to a beer festival!!

http://www.theroyalstandard.biz/

In the unlikely event any of you IDM Top Cats are just pottering about in the local area you are more than welcome to join us. Hoof it!!

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, logakght said:

got habanero sauce on my dick

That happened to someone I worked with at my first job when I was in high school (did not happen at work, he just told the story there). Caspaicin is fat soluble, so he cured it by sticking his dick in a tub of sour cream, since it was the first thing he could find.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/11/2019 at 12:56 PM, Braintree said:

Update. FWS: My friend works for a game company and there's an audio opening. He's giving me a reference, so I may (at least) get a phone interview.

FWP / FWS: I'm having a chat with some engineers later today about maybe taking me on as a developer since I have some coding skills, but I'm way too junior for the skills they require. I would hate for them to take a chance on me and then I turn around and take the audio job. Also, being a developer in the SF bay area makes things a shit ton more affordable than a sound designer...

My company just laid off 40 people yesterday hahaha. I had talked to some developers that were interested in having me on as a technical artist since I have experience with Unity, graphic design, coding skills, etc. However they laid off a technical artist so I don't think they're hiring for that anymore. THE SAGA CONTINUES.

where to holiday

only buying clothes that smell of child workhouse factory tears, feeling not really guilty about it, spilling beef dripping on it & it wont rinse out on a 40cycle

ironing

deadlines & procrastinating, see ironing

Last Sunday bassment had a bit o water in it (innit), turns out our sewer line out was clogged and shit came up thru the lowest fixture (toilet in basement). Shit only got worse :emotawesomepm9: in the time since, got the roto rooter dude out here today and lo, the thoroughly rooted 80-y.o. clay sewer pipe out the house is fubar, needs to be replaced, and is 8 feet below grade in our front yahd.  Looking at $5-6K easily, fml

5 hours ago, whosebrian said:

Parallel parking is a struggle.

It's regular parking lot parking where you have to turn into the space that I find awkward as hell.  I can never get the angle reasonable enough that I don't need to reposition myself 2-3 times to avoid damaging the car in the next space, unless it's a really spacious lot.  Thought it was odd that this wasn't part of the road test.  Parallel parking was a lot more intuitive for me for, but I seem to be the minority there.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

17 hours ago, BobDobalina said:

Last Sunday bassment had a bit o water in it (innit), turns out our sewer line out was clogged and shit came up thru the lowest fixture (toilet in basement). Shit only got worse :emotawesomepm9: in the time since, got the roto rooter dude out here today and lo, the thoroughly rooted 80-y.o. clay sewer pipe out the house is fubar, needs to be replaced, and is 8 feet below grade in our front yahd.  Looking at $5-6K easily, fml

oof.  

about 18 months ago the main water line to my house broke right outside the basement wall. was around $2600 to fix. they came out w/a ditchwitch drilling thing. parked it at the street and drilled horizontally (like a parabola shape so it went down then came back up half way through the process) into the yard all the way to the basement wall where it drilled right through. I think they have a similar thing for sewer pipes but maybe not.  regardless, expensive pain in the ass but whatyagonnado? nothing.. can't have shit filling up the basement. 

FWP1: hair sprouting outta my earlobes.  wtf.  Actually noticed this happening quite a while back, but the rate at which it grows back is alarming.  We're talking pube sized hairs.  I shudder just typing that out.  No idea exactly when this started happening.  Are you 20-somethings dealing with this BS yet?

FWP2: got assaulted by watmm's privacy policy/rules a couple times over and then a screen prompting me to upload files appeared.  Had to overcome these obstacles in order to post this.

• Like 1