IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

had a sudden laugh at something and the laugh went through my nose and one of those little perfect round snot bubbles flew out and i don't know where it landed. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Burger 2

The mix I'm currently working on has gotten to that point in complexity where every little thing I do crashes the fucking program now.  I HATE it when this kind of shit starts happening.  Guess it's time to bounce everything down... fuuuuuuck youuuuuu :wtf:

... but of course, if I load the project I immediately get an "out of memory" message, which crashes it automatically upon opening. Lovely.

Where's my gun.  WHERE'S MY FUCKING GUN.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

The mix I'm currently working on has gotten to that point in complexity where every little thing I do crashes the fucking program now.  I HATE it when this kind of shit starts happening.  Guess it's time to bounce everything down... fuuuuuuck youuuuuu :wtf:

What software are you using??

I managed to stabilize Ableton by fiddling with my soundcard settings (did some things that would cause other recording programs to be less stable... this shit seems so random sometimes).

On 4/30/2020 at 2:08 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

omfg how do I delete items from "my attachments" how is this not completely fucking obvious.

:catrage:

Problem magically resolved (suddenly I'm able to upload more attachments... thanks, mods?)

Trying to figure out how to purchase Milton Babbitt's "Ensembles for Synthesizer" without going through Amazon or some other shitty source. I want a lossless copy.

1 minute ago, Braintree said:

Trying to figure out how to purchase Milton Babbitt's "Ensembles for Synthesizer" without going through Amazon or some other shitty source. I want a lossless copy.

I've been going through exactly the same struggle with Medeski Martin & Wood.  They still haven't hopped on the bandcampwagon and only sell their music through companies that I refuse to support for ethical reasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drillkicker said:

I've been going through exactly the same struggle with Medeski Martin & Wood.  They still haven't hopped on the bandcampwagon and only sell their music through companies that I refuse to support for ethical reasons.

i've bought CDs direct from labels because of this.. but that's not always an option. 

Yeah this is wicked annoying. I wouldn't mind buying CDs but we're doing a stream tomorrow night. Just going to have to rip it from youtube or something :catrage:

14 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Yeah, wav or aiff preferably.

there's free converters for FLAC -> wav.  freac is the one i use. 

14 minutes ago, ignatius said:

there's free converters for FLAC -> wav.  freac is the one i use. 

Yeah I just chose to go that route. Whatever.

1 minute ago, Braintree said:

Yeah I just chose to go that route. Whatever.

i too find the extra steps annoying and overwhelming. 

Can't get EXWM to work even after troubleshooting literally every conceivable step in the process.  It's just broken for no reason.  My computer is alive and it hates me.