IGNORED

Skrillex - Discuss, Debate, Praise, Hate

YEK

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you tell your best friend who's into good electronic music since like when we were kids and people made fun of us because it was 'bleeps and blops', that Skrillex is shit and that he lost some respect from me?

Guest Backson

How do you tell your best friend who's into good electronic music since like when we were kids and people made fun of us because it was 'bleeps and blops', that Skrillex is shit and that he lost some respect from me?

I've already told him. Directly and aggressively. Then we lol to one another about it.

He also like the Megaupload song and some horrible indie bullshit. But he hates some stuff I like so it all works out.

I've already told him. Directly and aggressively. Then we lol to one another about it.

He also like the Megaupload song and some horrible indie bullshit. But he hates some stuff I like so it all works out.

I think we're going to get along fine, but it's going to take time (fred if you read me i love you lol)

I went to a dubstep party at my local MJ (I don't know how to translate that: Maison des Jeunes et de la culture, a local space for everybody to come and perform, usually it's rock n roll)

so i go to search in their record box, dreading to find skrillex all over, but it was more Tempa oriented which gave me hope that Belgium is still an electronic music lover's place ^^

I requested some burial to close the night but he had left them home lol

I went to a dubstep party at my local MJ (I don't know how to translate that: Maison des Jeunes et de la culture, a local space for everybody to come and perform, usually it's rock n roll)

so i go to search in their record box, dreading to find skrillex all over, but it was more Tempa oriented which gave me hope that Belgium is still an electronic music lover's place ^^

local club/electronic music venue in Austin, TX has a "no brostep" night weekly :biggrin:

local club/electronic music venue in Austin, TX has a "no brostep" night weekly :biggrin:

lol

once (7 years ago) they wanted me to host an electronic/dj'ing kind of night, i politely declined because they're all metal/rock n roll heads, and I know them very well they're all friends, so I knew it wouldn't work lol

but now with the new generation it's becoming relevant, dubstep is at my doorstep...

Apparently the acknowledged pillars of modern electronic production are Skrillex, Deadmau5, David Guetta and Ducksauce... Of those I would have to agree that Skrillex was the most deserving.

I suppose no one would be interested in watching these awards if indie producers (Aphex, Autechre etc) that they'd most likely never heard of were taking the trophies. It only serves to undermine the legitimacy of these awards shows.

Archived