IGNORED

Skrillex - Discuss, Debate, Praise, Hate

YEK

StephenG, please explain your oh-so-empirical criteria for what defines "objectively good music". I'm genuinely curious.

And while you're at it, please elaborate about how any work of any form of art can be objectively better.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so did you guys know that not very many things look like skrillex

i posted your blog in the skrillex subreddit. It's got 20 upvotes & 15 down so far (57%)

so did you guys know that not very many things look like skrillex

i posted your blog in the skrillex subreddit. It's got 20 upvotes & 15 down so far (57%)

Ha, that's pretty bad. At least it's positive, though. Imma have to do better than this.

plz halp people

StephenG, please explain your oh-so-empirical criteria for what defines "objectively good music". I'm genuinely curious.

And while you're at it, please elaborate about how any work of any form of art can be objectively better.

See: collabs thread. I clearly said a number of times that "good" "bad" and "better" are all subjective. Quality is not.

Next, you are going to tell me VHS is better than Blu-Ray and you can't measure quality there either.

Have you ever heard of 1080p definition for TV?

Nevermind. Explaining how you can quantify quality to someone like you is like pulling teeth. It's so fucking painful.

Skillrex pansies. They ought to hear this and hopefully it will fcuk them up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rw0kcg7A-Q

I think this is pretty shitty, even as someone that generally likes breakcore.

That's cause it's a shitty example of a hellfish tune.

Skillrex pansies. They ought to hear this and hopefully it will fcuk them up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rw0kcg7A-Q

I think this is pretty shitty, even as someone that generally likes breakcore.

That's cause it's a shitty example of a hellfish tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogPLjTZo2io

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcFfjFQhWFU

agreed. Hellfish has some good stuff though.

See: collabs thread. I clearly said a number of times that "good" "bad" and "better" are all subjective. Quality is not.

Next, you are going to tell me VHS is better than Blu-Ray and you can't measure quality there either.

stop asking him to clarify himself, it's giving me a headache

stop asking him to clarify himself, it's giving me a headache

It's giving me a headache too.

Quality is definitely subjective there. VHS Head's music is made entirely with samples from VHS b-movies.

Subjectively controversial, this topic is.

Quality is definitely subjective there. VHS Head's music is made entirely with samples from VHS b-movies.

Subjectively controversial, this topic is.

lol I see what you did there mr Oscillik boss. :cerious: :cerious:

All music should be judged at events like dog shows.

Then only the purest breeds would rise to the top.

All music should be judged at events like dog shows.

Then only the purest breeds would rise to the top.

:cerious: I want to see the names of the entries.

This would be, like, the best gig ever.

It's all about the quality, the quality would rise through like shining beacons.

We could judge music on how healthy the gums, and how shapely the fetlock.

It's all about the quality, the quality would rise through like shining beacons.

We could judge music on how healthy the gums, and how shapely the fetlock.

what about the sheen of their coat? :cerious: :cerious:

I understand how Bluray is better than VHS, but I don't, ehhh never mind, I was just trying to stoke your rage. My bad.

Archived